How did you meet your current partner?

Beckiboo

I thought as we're all in such a loving mood today this would be a good follow-on topic ;)

Me and Jon met in a smelly warehouse hardcore rave in Vauxhall, in August 2000 :oops: :D
We sort of got introduced through a friend of a friend kind of thing, then somehow managed to spend all night with eachother dancing and gurning at eachother :lol: , then went back to a scary afterparty, swapped numbers, and went from there... :!:

(Obviously nothing much has changed, we're still doing exactly the same thing now!!! :lol: )

I met Neil on my 18th Birthday in a gay bar in Leeds.

At this point I wasn't out of the old closet to anyone. Neil approached me earlier in the night and I just ignored him as I didn't know what to do in front of my mates. Anyhoooo a few drinks later I thought WTF and just went over and started talking to him. We ended up kissing, I then walks back over to my mates as if nothing had happened and made up some lame excuse that I'd seen an old school friend and that they could move on and I'd catch them up later, I never caught them up and they obviously all knew that I'd blatently gone home with some guy :lol:

The nexy day my phone never stopped! :lol:

I met Tom in Ibiza in 1999, I had already been there a week with my friend and Tom arrived on the Saturday. It was the Saturday night and in those days Space on Sunday was more of a carry on so we'd always go out on the Saturday night and go straight to Space when it opened. There was nothing on but some workers put us on g/list for Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems at the old Eden so we thought me and my friend thought we would pop in and say hi. I was there throwing a few shapes and I was aware of this bloke dancing behind me, now nothing gets in the way of my shape throwing so after a while I looked round and in my most put-down voice went 'has anyone ever told you you've got wandering hands' :rolleyes: :lol:

Then we started talking, realised we were both staying at same hotel, left the club, got quickly changed for Space, got to Space Sunday morning, spent all day on the terrace, went down to Bora Bora, ended up @ Mambos at about midnight talking about anything and everything, then we went and played in the playground and I impressed Tom with my cartwheel tricks :lol: and by the end of our first 'date' I knew I had met the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with...............and nearly 6 years later here we are :D

He was my best friend's boyfriend's boss.
I saw him out and about in town and got his number from my bestfriend... he came over to mine 2 days later and the rest, as they say, is history! ;) :D

at a club in Glasgow called Archaos.

she was dancing near us and accidently held my hand as we were dancing - been together since then.

Archoas, however, has turned into an ultra-cheesy, ned-fest with bells on!

I met her when she worked in a bar I used to manage – dated her briefly, nothing came of it.
We were both too wild to commit, even though we both fancied each other, although I tell her otherwise – hehe. We continued working together for three years and we were great friends, she went off to live with her premiership footballer boyfriend down south. That was 1996.

Four years ago I met bumped into her in a club, she was by then an air hostess and she’d ditched the footballer. We shared a few tequilas and shared a bed. We got married in Goa before Christmas. I always wind her up by saying she came back looking for me. She disagrees. And says she lowered her standards as she got older.

Well, I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar......

No sorry, just joking......

We hated each other for years - he thought I was stuck up and I thought he was loud and uncouth. We used to see each other at warehouse parties and illegal raves and whatnot but never approached each other - just sort of looked at each other. His group of friends didnt like my group of friends and vice versa..... then I found out he really fancied me at the same time as not particularly liking me, so I was sort of intrigued.... We eventually started to chat to each other but by this time he had a girlfriend (wasn't serious - she was at Uni in London and he only saw her every couple of weeks).
Anyway, we used to wind each other up all the time - he has a very caustic sense of humour, and mine's not much better at times and which can be taken the wrong way completely.

One weekend my mates and I were in the bar that he used to run and we were generally hurling the usual insults at each other all night, it all got a bit "one upmanship" he swiped me across the face with a wet cloth he had just used to clean the ashtrays with so I automatically chucked my pint over him.... :eek: :lol:
The next week he was being particularly arsey when he served me at the bar and I shouted at him - "are you ever going to talk nicely to me you rude git" - he reached over the bar, pulled me to him put his mouth against my neck/ear and said "the only time I am ever going to talk nicely to you is when we are intimate". My legs went to jelly ..... and I thought "Jesus - I really really fancy this bloke. " It was seriously like a bolt out of the blue ....

Anyway he came round one night with a Henry and a bottle of wine - 15 years later - he's still here....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, since I was so dour on the last relationship thread, I'll try to be more chipper this time out:

Late 1996. I had just moved from my native Washington to Almaty, Kazakhstan to run my company's office there. Within a couple of weeks, I'd learned that a lot of the expatriates in town gathered at a bar called the International Business Club on Fridays for happy hour and that this was a good place to find out where the parties were for the weekend.

So, I'm at the bar trying to order a drink and I look over and this girl is staring at me (turns out that's because she's half blind without her glasses). I look away and turn back... still staring. Got my beer, walked over to this guy I knew. Next thing I know, she walks over and he introduces us. A whole bunch of us went from there to another club together and the night dragged on... and the rest, as the cliche goes, is history...

Mrs Jam worked for me part time and asked me out even though we both had partners.

Should have known she would get her way on everything from that day on....

(P.S. That was 11 years ago, I was 21 and she was 17. Now married for 3 years with Jam Man Junior due in a few months....)

Back