Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Stars around Ibiza town : Better not so much. If I would book a 5 star , I would go where its quiet. If I go to Ibz town I only need a clean room and breakfast. But other people think opposite. Its ok
Same for me. On Ibiza, an island that offers so much away from your hotel, a clean cool room, a basic pool and a bar/breakfast. The magic lies away from the hotel.

5 Stars around Ibiza town : Better not so much. If I would book a 5 star , I would go where its quiet.
There is a certain magic in staying in the middle of it all. I will certainly stay at the Ibiza Parador once (if it opens within my lifetime that is).

Now staying at a 5* hotel in a quiet remote area on Ibiza looks like a waste of money to me - you still have to pay Ibiza prices, but do not get the Ibiza magic.

5 Stars around Ibiza town : Better not so much. If I would book a 5 star , I would go where its quiet. If I go to Ibz town I only need a clean room and breakfast. But other people think opposite. Its ok

Completely agree. If I was after a spa style holiday then 7Pines, Na Xamena etc look superb to get away from it all. If I'm out and about all day then a clean 3 or 4* in good walking distance does the job for me.

Any informations about El Pinar ?

Small, simple hotel, rooms cleaned daily, some excellent sea view room options along with studios in the newer building to the rear. Secure parking available for a small deposit on the key but also the free beach car park and on the road. I don't go AI but reports on the food aren't great and in fact I think they may have stopped offering AI as of last year. A lot of regular customers. Mainly couples and families, no party peeps. I like Cala Llonga. It's very quiet, there are some decent bars and food options and it's a good base to explore from. It'll be interesting to see what impact the arrival of Hilton across the bay makes.

Small, simple hotel, rooms cleaned daily, some excellent sea view room options along with studios in the newer building to the rear. Secure parking available for a small deposit on the key but also the free beach car park and on the road. I don't go AI but reports on the food aren't great and in fact I think they may have stopped offering AI as of last year. A lot of regular customers. Mainly couples and families, no party peeps. I like Cala Llonga. It's very quiet, there are some decent bars and food options and it's a good base to explore from. It'll be interesting to see what impact the arrival of Hilton across the bay makes.

Thats what I need. You are in Ibiza town in 20 min , 25min to salinas.

Will book with breakfast , not more.

I'm thinking about a trip to Ibiza over Easter.

Have the hotels, and I guess tourist industry in general, started to demand Covid passports? Can I still expect to be allowed to stay at a hotel without requiring to show proof of vaccination?

I'm thinking about a trip to Ibiza over Easter.

Have the hotels, and I guess tourist industry in general, started to demand Covid passports? Can I still expect to be allowed to stay at a hotel without requiring to show proof of vaccination?
I believe vaccination is compulsory for entry to Spain from the UK at the moment, whereas a testing/vaccine/recovery pass is acceptable when coming from the EU. Source HERE

Currently, Ibiza is Level 3, so requires a covid pass for entry to “tourist accommodation with shared rooms”- assume this means you need one for a hotel, but not an Airbnb? Source HERE

All this is obviously as of today, for what it will be like at Easter, please consult your local crystal ball

I believe vaccination is compulsory for entry to Spain from the UK at the moment, whereas a testing/vaccine/recovery pass is acceptable when coming from the EU. Source HERE

Currently, Ibiza is Level 3, so requires a covid pass for entry to “tourist accommodation with shared rooms”- assume this means you need one for a hotel, but not an Airbnb? Source HERE

All this is obviously as of today, for what it will be like at Easter, please consult your local crystal ball
Thanks for the link. I hadn't come across that page before.

I'm traveling from Norway, which is an EEA country. This means tests are still accepted - for now at least.

As for hotels it seems one needs a Covid certificate at "TOURIST ACCOMMODATIONS WITH SHARED ROOMS". This seems to mean a hostel with bunks - typically one room for women, one for men. I won't be staying at one of these.

I should probably ask one of the hotels directly.

Does anyone know how this works for bars, restaurants etc? Do they check vaccine certificates at the door? Anyway, I'm not planning on spending too much time indoors.

Thanks for the link. I hadn't come across that page before.

I'm traveling from Norway, which is an EEA country. This means tests are still accepted - for now at least.

As for hotels it seems one needs a Covid certificate at "TOURIST ACCOMMODATIONS WITH SHARED ROOMS". This seems to mean a hostel with bunks - typically one room for women, one for men. I won't be staying at one of these.

I should probably ask one of the hotels directly.

Does anyone know how this works for bars, restaurants etc? Do they check vaccine certificates at the door? Anyway, I'm not planning on spending too much time indoors.
Yep, Norway is a PCR test 72 hrs before entry, or a rapid antigen jobby 48 hours before.

I interpreted the shared rooms as anywhere that has space that is accessible to others, such as a reception or restaurant, rather than when staying in a shared room in a hostel, might be a lost in translation type thing- I know that is how it has been before in some countries, but not sure about Spain specifically.

The bars/restaurants bit is covered in the second link, stating

COVID CERTIFICATE
  • REQUIRED TO SUBMIT COVID CERTIFICATE TO ACCESS THE ESTABLISHMENT
  • DISCOTHEQUES/CAFÉ,MUSIC BARS,LATE-NIGHT BARS /DANCE HALLS/PUBS/ RESTAURANTS, BARS AND CAFÉS WITH INNERS FOR MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE/LOCALS FOR CELEBRATIONS FOR MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE/TOURIST ACCOMMODATIONS WITH SHARED ROOMS/CINEMAS/CIRCUS/GYMS /DANCE ACADEMIES
  • ACCESS MUST BE CONTROLLED BY THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT
Which I think means that if you're sitting outside at a bar/restaurant/cafe, nothing required. If inside, but capacity is under 50 people, nothing required. If inside, but capacity is over 50 people, covid pass (vax/test/recovery) required.

When I searched for hotels in 2019, the W hotel in Santa Eulalia had not yet opened.

Has anyone stayed there, or elsewhere in Santa Eulalia?

It's not a major hub like San Antonio or Ibiza Town or Playa den Bossa, right?

Last edited:
When I searched for hotels in 2019, the W hotel in Santa Eulalia had not yet opened.

Has anyone stayed there, or elsewhere in Santa Eulalia.

It's not a major hub like San Antonio or Ibiza Town or Playa den Bossa, right?

it's a small town and has lots of shops, restaurants and bars. but it hasn't got any real nightlife.

Saw an offer for the refurbished Tanit for the first time yesterday. Think it was for October, flying from Newcastle. Jet2 had it listed for 2022 but glitched when I tried to check availability. Tempted to try it for a few nights at the end of the Summer.
It didn’t look like it would be ready for Summer when we saw it in September. But I know nothing about construction.

So after staying in Bossa the vast majority of the times we go, we are now staying closer to the West side of the island.

Our friends are staying in Ses Piteras but that's way too rich for our blood - is the Occidental nearby any good?

My usual b&b in the north is not available...decided to look for something a bit more lively.
Feel free to throw some tips on me in the San An area for June!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back