Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a free cancellation booking at the 4 star Cubanito for 1 week Aug 21st for £1180, checked prices tonight and rebooked the same room/dates for £950.
stayed here for 2 weeks last year, lovely hotel and staff, besides the pool being super baltic its a very good shout!

Anyone have any recommendations for solo hotels? Gets bloody expensive when you're on your tod!

Both the Gran Sol and the Abrat do dedicated single rooms, they are in a part of San An that is quiet yet close to the town. The Abrat is really cheap to book for next year and will not charge and allow cancellation two weeks before you arrive. Stayed in both hotels as a single person but prefer the Abrat.

I've travelled solo for the last 5/6 years. (all other 15 years with groups or a Mrs)
Hotels i've stayed at and would recommend.
San An - Abrat.
San An Bay - Palmyra Fiesta, super all inclusive hotel. I cannot fault it.
Figuretas - Cenit. Basic but has a good cool hostal vibe about it and a superb pool and bar with views right across PdB to the airport. Perfect for walking to Ibiza town, albeit up a massive hill on the way back!
THB Molinos - Good hotel again with great pool area. Prices seem to have crept up. Barcelona f.c. stayed there when they played Ibiza.
Nautico Ebesu - Decent and modern, again prices have crept up so out of my budget now.
Avoid - Apartmentos panoramic - Crap

High end - Hard Rock Hotel. Expensive but possibly the best buffet breakfast i've ever had!

I usually split my stay between Hotel Cenit in Fig, then Palmyra Fiesta in San An Bay

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated. My choices on the last couple of trips were poor, so recommendations welcome!

Hotel Es Vive offers smaller rooms aimed at solo travellers. I'm sure there were rooms for just over 100 Euro a night, including breakfast this year. If you book directly, it's 20% off and free upgrade.

Depends on your budget but Es Vive is a nice play to stay.

Hotel Es Vive offers smaller rooms aimed at solo travellers. I'm sure there were rooms for just over 100 Euro a night, including breakfast this year. If you book directly, it's 20% off and free upgrade.

Depends on your budget but Es Vive is a nice play to stay.
I do like the look of there, nice bar on the roof

€214 per night for when I want to go however, is a bit too rich for me

I've travelled solo for the last 5/6 years. (all other 15 years with groups or a Mrs)
Hotels i've stayed at and would recommend.
San An - Abrat.
San An Bay - Palmyra Fiesta, super all inclusive hotel. I cannot fault it.
Figuretas - Cenit. Basic but has a good cool hostal vibe about it and a superb pool and bar with views right across PdB to the airport. Perfect for walking to Ibiza town, albeit up a massive hill on the way back!
THB Molinos - Good hotel again with great pool area. Prices seem to have crept up. Barcelona f.c. stayed there when they played Ibiza.
Nautico Ebesu - Decent and modern, again prices have crept up so out of my budget now.
Avoid - Apartmentos panoramic - Crap

High end - Hard Rock Hotel. Expensive but possibly the best buffet breakfast i've ever had!

I usually split my stay between Hotel Cenit in Fig, then Palmyra Fiesta in San An Bay
Stayed in the panoramic as a single and thought the location was great as easy walking distance to the town through the tunnel, plus great views over to pub.

Nautico ebeso is also nice if your on the front, predominantly a gay hotel but thats not a big issue if your okay with that.

Anyone have any recommendations for solo hotels? Gets bloody expensive when you're on your tod!
Depends what kind of budget your thinking as well. Quite a few hotels have single room options but a few that I looked at didn’t even have balcony’s so I’ve gone for a double room my self next year. How’s a good time to look some of the Black Friday deals were really good.

Depends what kind of budget your thinking as well. Quite a few hotels have single room options but a few that I looked at didn’t even have balcony’s so I’ve gone for a double room my self next year. How’s a good time to look some of the Black Friday deals were really good.
I'm probably topping out at about €120/night mid Sept. Suppose I'm thinking more single occupancy room with a double bed- haven't slept in a single since I was 18!

Article about Oku and that aberration called Six Senses...
Bullshit.
For the moment the reality of the super green - mega-ecologic hotel is this.:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back