Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depends on the exchange rate. We did the West Coast in 2008 for 2 weeks (San Francisco, LA, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Phoenix, Big Sur Road...), stayed in nice hotels, bought lots of clothes, drove a convertible Mustang for the whole trip and spent LESS than in 2 weeks in Ibiza. It was $2=£1 then which definitely helped! However, that was also when the Euro was stronger than it is now against the Pound.

The Pound is doing well against the Dollar again, although sadly travel is limited...

An interesting perspective - to me (from Europe), California looks so horribly expensive (especially when it comes to nice hotels, bars, clubs and restaurants) that Ibiza looks like a bargain in comparison!
It isn't the cost of the stay that makes it more expensive though - it's the cost of flying from California to Spain. I can't truly afford it; and right now of course it isn't realistic for pandemic reasons. But yeah... flying can be tricky from California to Europe.

And yes, our hotels can run around $130 (111 Euro) for a standard room with mediocre amenities. :)

Maybe I should get out more... Lol. I'm becoming a cheapskate! :D

Wasn't it owned by Hilton???

I don't know whether hilton had actually bought the hotel or not two years ago or if they simply ran it as a hilton. in any case word on the street has been for a while that hilton apparently weren't overly happy about how things had been going...

It isn't the cost of the stay that makes it more expensive though - it's the cost of flying from California to Spain. I can't truly afford it; and right now of course it isn't realistic for pandemic reasons. But yeah... flying can be tricky from California to Europe.

And yes, our hotels can run around $130 (111 Euro) for a standard room with mediocre amenities. :)

Maybe I should get out more... Lol. I'm becoming a cheapskate! :D
Are you saying California to Europe can be tricky, generally or during Covid? If it’s the former I can’t agree. You have LA, San Fran and San Diego as direct options into London and if you are flexible you would get a decent price. From there it’s a low cost carrier into Ibiza.

But during Covid everyone is finding it difficult to fly in and out of everywhere. I can’t see how you could contemplate flying from the US to Spain at any point in the short or medium term for a vacation, I just don’t think that will be an option for you.

a decent price.
we should agree to disagree about definitions of 'decent'. My budget does not afford for $1,000+ airfare, so when I see the discount for an $850 to Heathrow connecting to IBZ with a stop in Mallorca, my skin crawls. LOL

I think you're right about CoViD-19. It makes international travel discouraging. In fact, our state department has asked us to avoid it altogether.

we should agree to disagree about definitions of 'decent'. My budget does not afford for $1,000+ airfare, so when I see the discount for an $850 to Heathrow connecting to IBZ with a stop in Mallorca, my skin crawls. LOL

I think you're right about CoViD-19. It makes international travel discouraging. In fact, our state department has asked us to avoid it altogether.
Only you know your budget pal. I was referring mainly to accessibility of flights in whatever were normal times. In terms of cost, I find booking well in advance from west coast to Europe to provide much better value. However, that doesn’t help you right now or for the foreseeable future.

Old news but we never mentioned it so here it goes...

Calma Hotels Group is the boutique hotel brand created by Grupo Mambo. It includes Casa Maca, Las Mimosas, Hostal La Torre and Sa Clau.

Concept Hotel Group's new video...

Today sees the last check-out of the 2020 season at Concept Hotel Group. The departure of our last guest, and the closure of the hotels until next year always makes us feel a little melancholic, but it also represents the stimulus to recharge our batteries and return stronger, more energised and with newer ideas. This year has undoubtedly been the hardest that we have faced as a team, but it has reminded us of who we are - hotels with DNA, where something is always happening, and where you get to enjoy unforgettable experiences wrapped in architecture and design that is designed to transport you to another place without moving: Miami, California, Cuba... all without leaving Ibiza.

At Concept Hotel Group we have hosted advertising campaigns by Armani, Playboy and Zara, video clips for artists such as Miles Kane, Dorian or Black Honey, but the most important thing for us is that you live a story to tell. We want you to be a part of our world and live life to the fullest. So that you can imagine living this "wild" adventure with us, we have made this video compilation of the moments that perfectly summarise who we are and what is experienced in our hotels.

See you in 2021.

Reco Del Sol in the bay will be a 5-star, nothing to do with Space though...

http://www.noudiari.es/2016/11/la-p...ia-a-abrir-un-hotel-discoteca-en-sant-antoni/

Old news but we never mentioned it so here it goes...

Calma Hotels Group is the boutique hotel brand created by Grupo Mambo. It includes Casa Maca, Las Mimosas, Hostal La Torre and Sa Clau.
*BLACK FRIDAY ALERT*

Up to 40% discount on your next stay if you book between 27/11 and 30/11 with the code Black2020

· SA CLAU - dates between 1/5 and 31/10
· LAS MIMOSAS - dates between 1/5 and 31/10
· HOSTAL LA TORRE - dates between 27/11 and 31/10

You're welcome!

LATORREIBIZA.jpg

Concept Hotel Group's new video...

Today sees the last check-out of the 2020 season at Concept Hotel Group. The departure of our last guest, and the closure of the hotels until next year always makes us feel a little melancholic, but it also represents the stimulus to recharge our batteries and return stronger, more energised and with newer ideas. This year has undoubtedly been the hardest that we have faced as a team, but it has reminded us of who we are - hotels with DNA, where something is always happening, and where you get to enjoy unforgettable experiences wrapped in architecture and design that is designed to transport you to another place without moving: Miami, California, Cuba... all without leaving Ibiza.

At Concept Hotel Group we have hosted advertising campaigns by Armani, Playboy and Zara, video clips for artists such as Miles Kane, Dorian or Black Honey, but the most important thing for us is that you live a story to tell. We want you to be a part of our world and live life to the fullest. So that you can imagine living this "wild" adventure with us, we have made this video compilation of the moments that perfectly summarise who we are and what is experienced in our hotels.

See you in 2021.
*BLACK FRIDAY ALERT*

WE GOT YOU COVERED! HERE IS YOUR SPECIAL TREAT FOR BEING PART OF THE FAMILY !
Go wild with your hotel choice and save some serious money on Black Friday we promise it's gonna get savage out here!
Book now & get wild : https://bit.ly/BFCHG2020

126948731_3569379013142274_7716699984230002276_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back