Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been looking at Sol Bahia for a week at the end of September. It’s priced at £854 (flights not included) at the minute. Anyone who has stopped there before, would you say that is cheap / expensive? Are prices likely to drop just after Christmas?

Hi, has anyone recently stay at the Lux Isla in Talamanca? My in-laws are looking at booking it for a few days in late Feb, when they come to visit (they prefer their own space!).

I'm looking at hotel prices for May 2023. It seems the hotels are pricing 2023 as a continuation of the post-Covid holiday spike of 2022, but with added inflation and lots of optimism on top of that too.

I think prices outside of July-August will be considerably lower than 2022. Guess I'll be buying plane tickets now, and hotel a month or two before arriving.
My post from 16th September ^^

I've rechecked hotel prices for early May. The prices for low to mid-range San An hotels have now dropped, and can be best described as reasonable. They are more or less the same as I paid for April (including Easter) this year. This was before the post-pandemic boom season started. I suspect early bookings for next season aren't looking good.

Plane tickets, at least out of Norway, are still rather expensive. There's not enough competition in this market.

Another anectodal thing is I'm finding various items I've been trying to buy for a while now suddenly available and in abundance. This is mainly gear/kit for wild camping. I spend at least 30 nights a year wild camping. Manufacturers and retailers now seem to have the capacity for niche products again.

I guess we are way beyond the post-pandemic boom, and are instead entering a more sober market situation. I'm afraid the cost of living crisis is going to wreck havoc with lots of tourist destinations.

My post from 16th September ^^

I've rechecked hotel prices for early May. The prices for low to mid-range San An hotels have now dropped, and can be best described as reasonable. They are more or less the same as I paid for April (including Easter) this year. This was before the post-pandemic boom season started. I suspect early bookings for next season aren't looking good.

Plane tickets, at least out of Norway, are still rather expensive. There's not enough competition in this market.

Another anectodal thing is I'm finding various items I've been trying to buy for a while now suddenly available and in abundance. This is mainly gear/kit for wild camping. I spend at least 30 nights a year wild camping. Manufacturers and retailers now seem to have the capacity for niche products again.

I guess we are way beyond the post-pandemic boom, and are instead entering a more sober market situation. I'm afraid the cost of living crisis is going to wreck havoc with lots of tourist destinations.

I think you are spot on with all comments, media in UK were reporting this weekend that high street retailers are delaying clothes orders from factories as their warehouses are now getting full as people cutback (plus its been a mild month weather wise)

For Ibiza booking I am going to hold off and gamble on prices going down a bit early next year.

I think you are spot on with all comments, media in UK were reporting this weekend that high street retailers are delaying clothes orders from factories as their warehouses are now getting full as people cutback (plus its been a mild month weather wise
I think this is probably a mix of supply chain has caught up, and maybe a little slow down in demand. London has been mad busy this year, but i have noticed a slight slow down in the past couple of weeks. It is stil busy, but i can see January and Febuary being tough.

For Ibiza booking I am going to hold off and gamble on prices going down a bit early next year.

Theres absolutly no rush in booking anything, with UK and Eurozone entering recession ( the US too, although they just won't admit it) prices should be resonable in 2023?

The cost of lockdown was always going to expensive....

What is Nostrum in PDB like? There is an obscenely good deal available at the start of May. Looks like it may have had a partial refurb but still only 3 stars, which generally means 2 star in Spain in my experience.

What is Nostrum in PDB like? There is an obscenely good deal available at the start of May. Looks like it may have had a partial refurb but still only 3 stars, which generally means 2 star in Spain in my experience.
Mare Nostrum? I stayed there in Aug/20 for a few nights. Was a nice hotel, clean, no issues at all. Has multiple pools and in a decent location, about 10 min walk from Hi and Fig.

I would stay there again, only issue I really had was the breakfast was lackluster so I just walked up to Fig and ate there in the mornings.

Mare Nostrum? I stayed there in Aug/20 for a few nights. Was a nice hotel, clean, no issues at all. Has multiple pools and in a decent location, about 10 min walk from Hi and Fig.

I would stay there again, only issue I really had was the breakfast was lackluster so I just walked up to Fig and ate there in the mornings.
Cheers. Was the hotel quiet in the rooms?

Cheers. Was the hotel quiet in the rooms?
It was for the most part, wasn't any issues from outside noise. The halls are fairly narrow and long, so they could get loud. I did hear people coming and going but it wasn't too bad. Get a room away from the main staircase (end of the hall) and you should be fine.

It was for the most part, wasn't any issues from outside noise. The halls are fairly narrow and long, so they could get loud. I did hear people coming and going but it wasn't too bad. Get a room away from the main staircase (end of the hall) and you should be fine.
Cheers. This is an extra weekend away so we are looking for vfm rather than the usual higher end accommodation. That said, Garbi is now only £40 more for three night.

I think its very decent to be fair. Nothing flash but clean, decent pool, just a bit of a walk to most stuff in PBD

No wonder prices are rising. Almost half of the hotel accommodation available is 4* or 5*...

View attachment 15196

Saw an interview with the CEO of Love Holidays and they said demand and prices for 3* hotels is dropping now as people cut back but 4 & 5*'s still holding up, so not great for an Ibiza bargain but Ibiza is usually pretty recession proof in its hokiday and house prices.

Ocean Drive in Marina Bocafoc is getting a massive facelift!

We noticed there were metal fences up all around last month and it looked as though the interior was being completely demolished.

I had wondered whether it would remain an Ocean Drive? Also wonder if they have room to build a pool at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back