Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been near Blau Parc in San An of late...just booked it for last week in July but note they've been rennovating and say 'expected opening July 2022'.....

Anyone been near Blau Parc in San An of late...just booked it for last week in July but note they've been rennovating and say 'expected opening July 2022'.....

So I'm not driiving business from them, they have replied to my mail that they are opening on July 1st. Wahey!

Checked in to Hostal Rosell in San An (off the top of the west end) just now. The room was cheaper than a taxi from Santa E and back so drove across. Maybe it’s had a recent renovation but the rooms are so nice and modern and just what we need for a night in San An.

Walked down the West End and a good few bars are open. Basically been tarmac’d from top to bottom and doesn’t look too shabby (will see how that is later on)

The old Marigna in Figueretas has been renovated and rebranded as Play Hotel Ibiza. 2-minute walk from the beach and the city center...

Great article! Been there to check out the new rooms! And it really looks great! They have put so much effort into it, but it really worked out! Complete another level compared to Marigna before.
One comment from my side:
In the article you are mentioning the wrong name (Bliss Hotel).

What they building in the hard rock hotel grounds ? Drove past it yesterday, like as you drive in on left and right

Another three hotels up for grabs...

Has anyone on here checked out the Standard in Ibiza Town yet?

The opening party the other night with Roisin Murphy looked fun.

Has anyone on here checked out the Standard in Ibiza Town yet?

The opening party the other night with Roisin Murphy looked fun.
Someone posted another thread they were going there, possibly rooftop bars thread?

Anyone else noticing the Hotel's are sneaking in even more money for 'superior' rooms and 'sea views'? this had been a thing for years now but really seeing a price hike for these rooms.

Good example: Vibra Viviera in the Bay, at first glance a good value £600ish for 5 nights B&B with Jet2, but if you want a view off your balcony £230 more :eek:

Anyone else noticing the Hotel's are sneaking in even more money for 'superior' rooms and 'sea views'? this had been a thing for years now but really seeing a price hike for these rooms.

Good example: Vibra Viviera in the Bay, at first glance a good value £600ish for 5 nights B&B with Jet2, but if you want a view off your balcony £230 more :eek:
I think that sort of premium has always been the case. they tend to give the package holiday customers the worst rooms. You are better off booking direct or use a local company like Spotlight.

I think that sort of premium has always been the case. they tend to give the package holiday customers the worst rooms. You are better off booking direct or use a local company like Spotlight.

Used to paying a bit more yeh but that's nearly half the holiday cost. Probs worth it tho cos I love that sunset drink on the balcony before going out

Just had a weekend stay at the Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio.

We stayed there for a week in 2019 and really enjoyed it, so we made sure to put it on our list for a return visit.

The staff knew we were returning, and left a bottle of champagne in the room for us and a hand written note from the manager welcoming us both back! Really nice touch.

Really can’t fault the place. Great location by the beach, adults only and all inclusive. I’d heard there was a limit on alcohol at all inclusives now, but they didn’t seem to enforce this at all when we were there.

Great mix of people staying over. All ages and nationalities. Highlight was watching a massive hen do peak to soon in the day, then crash and burn late afternoon lol. Emotional wrecks 😅

The hotel staff couldn’t do enough for us, especially the old caretaker guy. A local bloke, he remembered us from the last time, always full of funny stories and banter. Bunged him a €20 tip on our way out and he started dancing 😅

Amazing food with plenty of choice at meal times.

Great view from the balcony too. Top of our list for another visit.

8891959C-3208-4D01-A861-10C6ACB5EB61.jpeg

Just had a weekend stay at the Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio.

We stayed there for a week in 2019 and really enjoyed it, so we made sure to put it on our list for a return visit.

The staff knew we were returning, and left a bottle of champagne in the room for us and a hand written note from the manager welcoming us both back! Really nice touch.

Really can’t fault the place. Great location by the beach, adults only and all inclusive. I’d heard there was a limit on alcohol at all inclusives now, but they didn’t seem to enforce this at all when we were there.

Great mix of people staying over. All ages and nationalities. Highlight was watching a massive hen do peak to soon in the day, then crash and burn late afternoon lol. Emotional wrecks 😅

The hotel staff couldn’t do enough for us, especially the old caretaker guy. A local bloke, he remembered us from the last time, always full of funny stories and banter. Bunged him a €20 tip on our way out and he started dancing 😅

Amazing food with plenty of choice at meal times.

Great view from the balcony too. Top of our list for another visit.

View attachment 13906
That’s heartening as we are having our honeymoon there after a recommendation from a friend. I sent them an email about the all inclusive rule. She explained the hotel is outside the boundary of the West End area of San An so it wasn’t included in the 6 drinks a day rule. Bit of a relief but as I explained nothing to ruin a holiday for.

That’s heartening as we are having our honeymoon there after a recommendation from a friend. I sent them an email about the all inclusive rule. She explained the hotel is outside the boundary of the West End area of San An so it wasn’t included in the 6 drinks a day rule. Bit of a relief but as I explained nothing to ruin a holiday for.

Brilliant mate, you will love it!

I think it’s a great place for a honeymoon.

Ah yes, that makes sense with the boundary rule then. I definitely went well over the 6 drink limit 😅

Enjoy mate, hope yous have a good one 🌅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back