Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shout would be the Ebano in PDB. If you want San An, I recommend the Abrat.

Both been done up recently and have sizeable gardens, and areas around the pool. Both also set back slightly from all the main noise and partying...
Yeah Ebano is cool, but Migjorn has a better pool vibe / music.

I am looking a good hotel for a mixed group of 30 people. Perhaps a smaller hotel where we might be able to then be a bit more sociable with eachother around the pool etc, rather than a huge one.

The challenge seems to be somewhere mid-range that would be suitable for couples without children, a range of ages (35-70), and also ok for families (it will be August). Wedding is cala calador area but it doesn’t need to be here, just not too far north- so perhaps playa den bossa side of the island as not keen on San An?
Has anyone booked a hotel for a varied group, walking distance to some beach bars, but not really noisy and full of clubbers, nor totally full of kids!
As mentioned Ebano would suit what you are looking for. Maybe have a look at Bahama, down past Ushaia, so a quiet end of Playa den bossa and a couple of minutes from the airport.

Cheap, and very family focussed - there will be lots of children :)
Hmm...yeah that doesn't sound great.

Can I ask you about the Migjorn? Is there much difference between a Junior Suite and a Junior Suite Superior? Leaning towards this one I think, not cheap but does look nice...

Can I ask you about the Migjorn? Is there much difference between a Junior Suite and a Junior Suite Superior? Leaning towards this one I think, not cheap but does look nice...
Bit bigger, normally has the roof terrace / and if they really like you, pool view (so tunes + scenery).

What dates are you going again? Most of the time if you get a Junior, and they have a Superior free, they'll upgrade you for free if you're nice.

Bit bigger, normally has the roof terrace / and if they really like you, pool view (so tunes + scenery).

What dates are you going again? Most of the time if you get a Junior, and they have a Superior free, they'll upgrade you for free if you're nice.
Going 14th July to 18th, 4 nights. Just having some emails with them at the moment to see what best price they can offer. Superior has the roof top terrace and slightly bigger like you said.

That's a bit of a jump from the Sal Rossa to a suite at the Migjorn!! 😁 Love the breakfast at the Migjorn. See you at Clockwork!!

That's a bit of a jump from the Sal Rossa to a suite at the Migjorn!! 😁 Love the breakfast at the Migjorn. See you at Clockwork!!
I'm being really indecisive today....pros and cons with each. Sal Rossa - on the beach, about £400 cheaper, sea view, but pool looks small and TA reviews say hard to get a lounger. Migjorn - obviously posher, good service, nicer room, more chilled...but not on the beach, no sea view and more expensive.

My sensible head is saying go Sal Rossa and spend the extra £400 on 'other things', but my heart is saying we have 4 days as a couple with the little one at home...which is rare these days...so push the boat out on the hotel.

My indecisiveness is really annoying! lol

I'm being really indecisive today....pros and cons with each. Sal Rossa - on the beach, about £400 cheaper, sea view, but pool looks small and TA reviews say hard to get a lounger. Migjorn - obviously posher, good service, nicer room, more chilled...but not on the beach, no sea view and more expensive.

My sensible head is saying go Sal Rossa and spend the extra £400 on 'other things', but my heart is saying we have 4 days as a couple with the little one at home...which is rare these days...so push the boat out on the hotel.

My indecisiveness is really annoying! lol
If it helps. I used to love coming back after a night out and sitting watching the sun come over the dalt vila….they did take offence when I had an after party going onto 9am (after that space incident where I ended up in the medical room)

If it helps. I used to love coming back after a night out and sitting watching the sun come over the dalt vila….they did take offence when I had an after party going onto 9am (after that space incident where I ended up in the medical room)
Just been reading a review about someone going down corridor banging on doors with a gun...they gave it a one star :)

Stayed there a few times and definitely not that family focused. Get a sea facing room and it’s quite nice…drinks are reasonable too. Stopped going there once Space closed as not really kean on the alternatives.
I’ve stayed a few times too. Never noticed it being very family focused either. I loved the location right on the beach. Love the open nature of it too.

I guess it depends when you go.

The tripadvisor reviews should give you a good feel for the mix of people / experiences.

Anybody know what is going on with Bora Bora (as a hotel)? Tried to look for rooms there, but their website doesn't seem to be working and Booking doesn't list them...

Anybody know what is going on with Bora Bora (as a hotel)? Tried to look for rooms there, but their website doesn't seem to be working and Booking doesn't list them...

Hmm don't know, but the most recent Trip Advisor reviews are from early 2020 (about 2019 stays) so looks like they have been shut?

Have noticed a few hotels have been coming off Booking dot com though, I suspect due to the commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back