Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you looking to go? You should be fine with Bossa IMO, especially now anyway

Hello people im a holiday rookie.ive just a week ago come back from cala llonga for a week last week .it was good but the food and pubs were as flat as a pandcake.i was looking at other places and saw playa den bossa was closer to the airport for quicker transfer,trouble is im over 45(not dead yet ive still got the sugar).would i be ok going here or is it rave love island city..id like to stay somewhere thats nice and does descent food because cala llonga was basically..burger and chips or cheese burger and chips or burger chips and salad..id like some spanish food please..
im a playa den bossa total rookie and dont want to drop into a party hotel full of georgous love island lads with glow sticks.any suggestions please thats got a good food menue and decent pubs or what the hell i might ever stay up past 10pm and goto a club😜

According to DDI, the american hotel chain Standard International will open The Standard Ibiza in 2022, their second hotel in Europe after the one they opened two years ago in London.

Interesting. I really like The Standard in London. Did they say where in Ibiza it's due to open?

Ok my Spotlight afficionados, I need help on where to stay (being really indecisive).

We are there for 15th and 16th October, I've whittled it down to a choice of Destino, Es Vive, and Pikes....pros and cons for all, location being the main one for a 2 night stay.

Pikes obviously is the stand out option, but a trek over to San An when time is at a premium...

What would those in the know do? (with a view to a cheeky dance when no-one is looking)
I'd obviously vote for Pikes. Hardly a 'trek'

I'd obviously vote for Pikes. Hardly a 'trek'
haha, yeah it is a heart vs head decision for sure. All my sensible thoughts are telling me Es Vive, cheaper, walking distance to Ibiza town, beach on doorstep etc etc.

But then Pikes is Pikes, and I will probably never get the chance to stay there again....it gets the juices flowing more, and by mid October, there might be a (slim) chance of some naughtyness....

haha, yeah it is a heart vs head decision for sure. All my sensible thoughts are telling me Es Vive, cheaper, walking distance to Ibiza town, beach on doorstep etc etc.

But then Pikes is Pikes, and I will probably never get the chance to stay there again....it gets the juices flowing more, and by mid October, there might be a (slim) chance of some naughtyness....
another vote for Pikes here. 30 mins in a cab from the airport is hardly obtrusive IMO

another vote for Pikes here. 30 mins in a cab from the airport is hardly obtrusive IMO
No, I agree, it is not the distance I'm worried about, just that Pikes is a bit isolated with nothing in walking distance nearby. And if San An is a ghost town by mid-October, I might regret not staying closer to Ibiza town....

I stayed at both Es Vive and Pikes this year. Loved both and Pikes is very special but chances are, you'll end up staying there all day & night - which isn't necessarily a bad thing! However, if you want to explore more of Ibiza Town and that side of the island, Es Vive is the better choice.

Maybe stay in Es Vive but go to Pikes for a day / night? The Es Vive shuttle taxi is a decent price to Pikes and we paid about what we would have done for a taxi - without the long waiting time and in a large Mercedes Vito with good AC.

I stayed at both Es Vive and Pikes this year. Loved both and Pikes is very special but chances are, you'll end up staying there all day & night - which isn't necessarily a bad thing! However, if you want to explore more of Ibiza Town and that side of the island, Es Vive is the better choice.

Maybe stay in Es Vive but go to Pikes for a day / night? The Es Vive shuttle taxi is a decent price to Pikes and we paid about what we would have done for a taxi - without the long waiting time and in a large Mercedes Vito with good AC.
Great advice, thank you so much for this. Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Such a tricky decision at the best of times, but factor in the pandemic, the shortness of the stay and the fact it is mid-October, makes it even harder. Not having the kid with us as well, makes me think we should maximise the potential!

I wouldn't be against staying in the chosen hotel for the whole time, especially if the 'rules' changed and some dancing was allowed, but then would I be regretting not staying at Destino? Has the luxury factor...the outdoor stage, and close enough to Ibiza town for dinner or a wander around...

Thanks, missus is pushing me towards this option....can get a suite for same price as Pikes

We stayed in a Suite at Es Vive (belated 40th celebrations!) and it's worth the extra money - much larger rooms and a double, wrap around balcony. Some of the other rooms (even the Superiors) are quite pokey.

More hotel upgrades:
* 4 star somewhere in San Jose
* 4 star in San Miguel
* 4 star superior in San Miguel

We stayed in a Suite at Es Vive (belated 40th celebrations!) and it's worth the extra money - much larger rooms and a double, wrap around balcony. Some of the other rooms (even the Superiors) are quite pokey.
Booked Pikes. Es Vive said the inside bar is not open this year (due to covid and not being able to socially distance, which I thought was weird), and the rooftop bar shuts at 10pm, with DJ's only there on 'some days'. So effectively just paying for the room.

Pikes doing a deal for October with 10% off, free brunch and cocktail. We got a Junior Suite for 408 euros for 2 nights, which is a once-in-a-lifetime bargain I reckon...

Booked Pikes. Es Vive said the inside bar is not open this year (due to covid and not being able to socially distance, which I thought was weird), and the rooftop bar shuts at 10pm, with DJ's only there on 'some days'. So effectively just paying for the room.

Pikes doing a deal for October with 10% off, free brunch and cocktail. We got a Junior Suite for 408 euros for 2 nights, which is a once-in-a-lifetime bargain I reckon...

that IS a bargain. Hope for 24 🤞🏼 Such a strong room.

Rooftop bar closing at 10pm? Balls to that. Correct choice made

im going the week after theoretically for the amnesia closing and if that dosent happen just to get away a little, now you have givin me doubts about Es Vive o_O 😂

im going the week after theoretically for the amnesia closing and if that dosent happen just to get away a little, now you have givin me doubts about Es Vive o_O 😂
My mate who recommended Es Vive, said the indoor bar isn't all that anyway, it's all about the rooftop bar. But hotel itself is meant to be really nice. I was just quite surprised they didn't have the inside bar open all season....

Quick question for the team..

For those doing a cheeky weekend and not fully jabbed up... say they were meeting ibiza paul at pikes..

fly Friday / back Sunday afternoon - currently how does the PCR test thing work.. its within 72 hour to fly into Ibiza, but as we are there for only 48hrs we wouldn't have time to get one done for the way home back to London.. maybe i am having a senior moment, if anyone knows how this may work without limited timings please drop a msg..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back