Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about the hotel, but Cala Tarida is nice. We liked it when we went there for a day, not much of a town to talk about, just a couple of shops, but beach is great for kids. I've had friends stay at the Sensatori and said it was overpriced
I once did a long walk to Cala Tarida the morning after the night before from a mate's random apartment to catch the bus back to San Antonio with no phone, no cash, still heavily under the influence and sweating like Jimmy Saville outside a primary school. Ah, the memories!

Now that they get a bit of shine from a celebrity.

I walked past it for more than the last 30 years and it looked closed to me at least since 29 years

Sorry I don't understand. what celebrity? closed?

I don't mind places which are dated or lacking much life. we're only sleeping and showering there

Anyone stayed there yet this year? Am booked in for a couple of days soon. Dusi and team were great and it's a shame they're not involved any more, but the location by Salinas is so good I'm going to give it a go.
let us know how it is, always loved the atmosphere outside, around the pool. and rooms look great, only ever went there for food and drinks though.. and duesis stories :)

Anyone stayed at Sol Bahia Suites in San An?

Might have an opportunity for an October visit, I've gone past it before on my way to Cala Gracio, but never considered it before.

Heard that Richard Branson has bought the derelict hotel in Cala De Bou. Hope something is done with it, it’s a real eyesore.
When Plastik opened in its new location Andy (the owner) mentioned on his Instagram Stories that Virgin had bought the site, and that was a major reason he'd taken a gamble moving there

Nice one, seen some (what looked like) surveying engineers on the site the other day. The area is definitely getting better, long may it continue.

According to DDI, the american hotel chain Standard International will open The Standard Ibiza in 2022, their second hotel in Europe after the one they opened two years ago in London.

For the people housin at Axel beach,at Hawker Beach Club Ibiza, they ll have 2 great Djs tomorrow saturday (those that can mix/scratch on vinyls (45T) and had a good knowledge of music ) this afternoon
Lord Funk (french, soul Funk, if u read my posts u know ive made some adverst here ) starting 4pm and Marc Hype (german, hip hop the oldschool one ,not shitty last decades )
while people spreading money for overrated big name djs, you could see real authentic djs forfree (or a few €)
ps:if u follow Marc Hype, ull see he is very funny with his Djs/star wars 80's stories
axel.JPG
tu quieres or tu no quieres, seeing my bro on da mix 🤔

Last edited:
Ok my Spotlight afficionados, I need help on where to stay (being really indecisive).

We are there for 15th and 16th October, I've whittled it down to a choice of Destino, Es Vive, and Pikes....pros and cons for all, location being the main one for a 2 night stay.

Pikes obviously is the stand out option, but a trek over to San An when time is at a premium...

What would those in the know do? (with a view to a cheeky dance when no-one is looking)

Ok my Spotlight afficionados, I need help on where to stay (being really indecisive).

We are there for 15th and 16th October, I've whittled it down to a choice of Destino, Es Vive, and Pikes....pros and cons for all, location being the main one for a 2 night stay.

Pikes obviously is the stand out option, but a trek over to San An when time is at a premium...

What would those in the know do? (with a view to a cheeky dance when no-one is looking)
Es Vive for me- for such a short stay, I'd keep it Ibiza Town/Fig end of proceedings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back