Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from being shown around Six Senses.
I understand why some people would object to the development. But I think they have done things really tastefully. The whole place is incredible. They really have everything you can imagine under one roof. There is still some work to do this winter before the full project is complete but it's really something.
They will open as late into 2021 as demand dictates, but from 2022 onwards March-December. They are pushing wellness retreats in the cooler months
The spa is currently only for residents only
We were treated to lunch and had a selection of dishes, all vegetarian with local produce from their farm in Santa Gertrudis - all excellent. There's a blanket of cloud over the north today, so the only thing we didn't get the full appreciation of was the views, but they are quite spectacular. Price of food very reasonable. Considering the location you would expect a lot higher

One surprise was the number of kids there. Argument it should be adult's only. We encountered one elderly couple who were upset about the noise at the pool, given how much they had paid. Plans for a designated children's pool in phase 2

only just have found out that boutique hostal salinas has new ownership :( I'm gutted, does anybody know what düsi and philips are up to these days? was that change a covid collateral?
I know Dave's running a free dive centre - Saltfish Freediving

Just returned from being shown around Six Senses.
I understand why some people would object to the development. But I think they have done things really tastefully. The whole place is incredible. They really have everything you can imagine under one roof. There is still some work to do this winter before the full project is complete but it's really something.
They will open as late into 2021 as demand dictates, but from 2022 onwards March-December. They are pushing wellness retreats in the cooler months
The spa is currently only for residents only
We were treated to lunch and had a selection of dishes, all vegetarian with local produce from their farm in Santa Gertrudis - all excellent. There's a blanket of cloud over the north today, so the only thing we didn't get the full appreciation of was the views, but they are quite spectacular. Price of food very reasonable. Considering the location you would expect a lot higher

One surprise was the number of kids there. Argument it should be adult's only. We encountered one elderly couple who were upset about the noise at the pool, given how much they had paid. Plans for a designated children's pool in phase 2
I have some friends who have tested it and were really disappointed.

We met Düsi by chance at Paradise Lost last night and had drinks at Dome. They are keeping their cards close to their chest, but they definitely have plans. Also they have no regrets regarding BHS. They really think the timing and the offer was right for them. New horizons
sounds great, you can't keep the düsi down :) the webpage of the new owners doesn't look enticing, with a drone shot of the parking space in salinas and praising their tapas till 11pm. but didn't go

Maybe the cook was in a bad day, all the lunch turned as a joke apparently.
That is really surprising. I thought they were delicious! Loved the baby zucchinis with parmesan and the ratatouille was a dream

They were open about being understaffed, but its the same for 90% of businesses right now. 300 staff needed to be in full swing 😳

Yes, and they buy all possible real estate in Portinatx to house their staff, pushing prices up to unprecedented levels.

on six senses, I've been there twice myself recently. I can't comment on restaurants as I haven't eaten there (but read on for that anyway). as @W_I_C has said it's true you can see a few bits still look a tiny bit unfinished and I'm sure for 2022 it'll look better, but for most part I have to admit it looks gorgeous in there. I understand the polemics about building such a big hotel (and of this standard) in a place like portinatx, I personally also don't think it was 'necessary', but it seems there actually is a demand for it.

on restaurants, we have to point out there is more than just one restaurant in there so the dining experience may as well be very different depending on where people ate. I think the prices also vary a lot between the different restaurants from what I heard!

Anyone stayed at Sensatori in Cala Tarida? My sister & BIL are going there this/next week, I don't know the hotel or that area at all to recommend anywhere to go locally, they will have a 2 and a half year old with them.

Is OD Ocean Drive (the original art deco one by the harbour) adults only?

I thought it was / used to be, however I can't seem to find any mention online.

sounds great, you can't keep the düsi down :) the webpage of the new owners doesn't look enticing, with a drone shot of the parking space in salinas and praising their tapas till 11pm. but didn't go
Anyone stayed there yet this year? Am booked in for a couple of days soon. Dusi and team were great and it's a shame they're not involved any more, but the location by Salinas is so good I'm going to give it a go.

Anyone stayed there yet this year? Am booked in for a couple of days soon. Dusi and team were great and it's a shame they're not involved any more, but the location by Salinas is so good I'm going to give it a go.
It will be good to read what you make it of it now

flying out next weekend 🙌staying at the Gran sol in san an.. anyone stayed here? reviews look spot on

Anyone stayed at Sensatori in Cala Tarida? My sister & BIL are going there this/next week, I don't know the hotel or that area at all to recommend anywhere to go locally, they will have a 2 and a half year old with them.
No idea about the hotel, but Cala Tarida is nice. We liked it when we went there for a day, not much of a town to talk about, just a couple of shops, but beach is great for kids. I've had friends stay at the Sensatori and said it was overpriced

flying out next weekend 🙌staying at the Gran sol in san an.. anyone stayed here? reviews look spot on

I stayed a couple nights on my own there - and it has just made me remember a random situation happen when I did stay there 🤣

Hotel is ok a bit dated to be fair but decent location

No idea about the hotel, but Cala Tarida is nice. We liked it when we went there for a day, not much of a town to talk about, just a couple of shops, but beach is great for kids. I've had friends stay at the Sensatori and said it was overpriced
It's not the kind of holiday I'd go for, hopefully they get out and check a few spots across the island and see why everyone loves it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back