Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted on "Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]"...

... and here's an update from Jason Bull himself:

The New BASE Hotel…….West End , San Antonio. Young at heart!

203582525_10165354061480445_5064170263939332424_n.jpg

This one looks good for those on a budget, pleased to see that not every hotel is becoming a 5* boutique!

it depends of your budget, but i would recommend Hard Rock hotel or Ushuaia Tower, but also Fergus Bahamas and Grand palladium palace in den bossa.

For Figueretas, One ibiza suites, hotel Los Molinos, Nautico Ebeso, Hotel Marigna or Hotel cenit, they refurnished a new one this year called Suncoast ibiza but i dont have any data of how good it is
Heard back after sending a second email, hotel is opening next week. Hopefully that's correct!

Hi, of people who have stayed at Cubanito, are the Junior Suite rooms (the standard rooms) a decent size? We were going to book the Suite (superior room) but found out they were on the ground floor which we don't fancy as we prefer upper / top floor rooms.

If they're tiny, we might change, although it's only for 4 nights.

for those wondering, what used to be don quijote (between coolture and comic)
The rooms were 5x3 Meters , not more.
But it was cheap.And it was central.
Lots of memories .
Mc Rackin : Cosmic now ,Comic in earlier days.Remember the German owner , a couple of years ago. He went back to Germany ( Duesseldorf ) . He died at a motorcycle accident , I heard.

Last edited:
Hi,
i currently booked 4 nights at the mim hotel es vive for the end of october (20-23) there are 4 of us, i was reading the rooms were a little small and for the same period i can pay less at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in den bossa, as anyone been to both and cosnidering the number of us plus the period would you reccomend one or there ? thank you!!!

Hi,
i currently booked 4 nights at the mim hotel es vive for the end of october (20-23) there are 4 of us, i was reading the rooms were a little small and for the same period i can pay less at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in den bossa, as anyone been to both and cosnidering the number of us plus the period would you reccomend one or there ? thank you!!!

Hi, I stay at Es Vive quite a lot and have visited a friend at Grand Palladium Palace before.

I much prefer Es Vive and the roof terrace is stunning, plus it's adults only which Grand Palladium Palace isn't and when I visited my friend (during IMS in 2019) there were a lot of kids there so it felt more like a family hotel than for couples / friends. It's also right at the very far end of Playa D'en Bossa, away from all the bars & restaurants whereas from Es Vive, you can walk to Ibiza Town and along the Figueretas promenade which has plenty of places for food & drink.

Yes, rooms at Es Vive are smaller but some are a decent size (the superior rooms) so worth emailing them in advance as they are always helpful. Plus the balconies are a good size, so I would get a room with balcony. Also, how much time do you intend to stay in your room?!

Hi, I stay at Es Vive quite a lot and have visited a friend at Grand Palladium Palace before.

I much prefer Es Vive and the roof terrace is stunning, plus it's adults only which Grand Palladium Palace isn't and when I visited my friend (during IMS in 2019) there were a lot of kids there so it felt more like a family hotel than for couples / friends. It's also right at the very far end of Playa D'en Bossa, away from all the bars & restaurants whereas from Es Vive, you can walk to Ibiza Town and along the Figueretas promenade which has plenty of places for food & drink.

Yes, rooms at Es Vive are smaller but some are a decent size (the superior rooms) so worth emailing them in advance as they are always helpful. Plus the balconies are a good size, so I would get a room with balcony. Also, how much time do you intend to stay in your room?!
thank you very much , i dont intend to stay that much in my room but im a little claustrophobic so i probably will get a superior room with a balcon and i want to be able to walk to ibiza town, very helpfull thank you!!

Hi,
Hey @Foffy91 .
I've stayed at both and it really depends on what you are looking for from the accommodation.

Es Vive is a really good location and like Clara says it has a lovely roof terrace. It's a completely different vibe as it's much smaller in general so more intimate and friendly.
I booked a superior room with a balcony. The room was nice enough, pretty standard size but not as big as I had assumed it would be
Friends opted for the smaller room, which did feel a bit compact.. but again how much time will you spend in there?

I've stayed in both Palladiums in Playa D'en Bossa. I booked for a few chill out days at the end of my trip.
Probably preferred Grand Palladium Palace more than White Isle.

The rooms are spacious and have a sofa and a fridge. I did the all inclusive and stayed in a hot tub room on one visit.
The terrace with that room was a really good size.
I was also impressed with the food and drink options.
It's a good location for going to places like DC10, Ushuaia etc.. (if they open.. Fingers crossed).

Last edited:
Hey @Foffy91 .
I've stayed at both and it really depends on what you are looking for from the accommodation.

Es Vive is a really good location and like Clara says it has a lovely roof terrace. It's a completely different vibe as it's much smaller in general so more intimate and friendly.
I booked a superior room with a balcony. The room was nice enough, pretty standard size but not as big as I had assumed it would be
Friends opted for the smaller room, which did feel a bit compact.. but again how much time will you spend in there?

I've stayed in both Palladiums in Playa D'en Bossa. I booked for a few chill out days at the end of my trip.
Probably preferred Grand Palladium Palace more than White Isle.

The rooms are spacious and have a sofa and a fridge. I did the all inclusive and stayed in a hot tub room on one visit.
The terrace with that room was a really good size.
I was also impressed with the food and drink options.
It's a good location for going to places like DC10, Ushuaia etc.. (if they open.. Fingers crossed).
I’ll probably go with es vive because it’s closer to Ibiza town and with the covid situation , which who knows from here to October how it will be, I’ll still be able to enjoy a walk with restaurants and things , even tho that hot tub room sounds nice haha Thank you

I’ll probably go with es vive because it’s closer to Ibiza town and with the covid situation , which who knows from here to October how it will be, I’ll still be able to enjoy a walk with restaurants and things , even tho that hot tub room sounds nice haha Thank you
Haha, no problem. Yeah I think that's the right choice at the moment.
Hope you all have a great time x

Anyone stayed at Es Puchet in San An ? Currently booked at Es Pla which I have stayed at before, but Es Puchet has had bit of a price drop and looks as good, if not a bit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back