Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a general question for anyone to answer, is a hotel in PDB/Fig worth spending $2,000 USD on for a week stay in Sept? Prices seem to have increased like f*cking crazy lately (obviously with reopenings on hand, vouchers from last year, etc. etc.)

I would love some suggestions for alternatives for a solo traveller. Thanks in advance! (maybe some swank hostels? is that a thing?)

As a general question for anyone to answer, is a hotel in PDB/Fig worth spending $2,000 USD on for a week stay in Sept? Prices seem to have increased like f*cking crazy lately (obviously with reopenings on hand, vouchers from last year, etc. etc.)

I would love some suggestions for alternatives for a solo traveller. Thanks in advance! (maybe some swank hostels? is that a thing?)
Stay in San Antonio.

Appartementos Tropical Garden ? Looks central and has a parking spot nearby ? Maybe what Im searching for
It's very difficult to find a space to park around there.
What used to be a free parking area next door was €1 an hour last time I looked....

Appartementos Tropical Garden ? Looks central and has a parking spot nearby ? Maybe what Im searching for
Stayed there before and a great central location, 10 minutes walk to PDB and 10 minutes walk the other way into Ibiza town, parking can be difficult but I always managed to get a free space around the hotel Es Vive area and then walk along. Other parking is via ibiza town down near to the beach through the tunnel (at bottom of the castle) off road (dusty track road) and you can then walk down to Tropical apts from there. There is parking directly outside but this is restricted from what I remember a couple of years back.

Stayed there before and a great central location, 10 minutes walk to PDB and 10 minutes walk the other way into Ibiza town, parking can be difficult but I always managed to get a free space around the hotel Es Vive area and then walk along. Other parking is via ibiza town down near to the beach through the tunnel (at bottom of the castle) off road (dusty track road) and you can then walk down to Tropical apts from there. There is parking directly outside but this is restricted from what I remember a couple of years back.
Los Molinos , which is nearby : They said you can Rent a parking Spot for 10 Euro per day. Tropical Garden too.

Has anyone ever stayed in Hotel Playasol The New Algarb? Is it good and what’s the all inclusive like?

Has anyone ever stayed in Hotel Playasol The New Algarb? Is it good and what’s the all inclusive like?
Been multiple times.
All fine if you are there to stay out and go to bed late.
Some drunk folks with all-incl., which means also some noise on the floor usually. Security tries it best to keep it to a minimum after 24.00
Breakfast is standard, never tried anything else in there.
Forget about the drinks or cocktails at the bar.
Free car parking and perfect located to get arround.

I stayed there about 4 years ago. It was pleasant enough. Good location and there is a bus stop just outside which was handy for me as I don't drive.

The hotel and the rooms were very clean. Communal/public areas (at that time) had been recently refurbed.
The pool area got very busy and space was limited but there were plenty of seating areas around.

My room was quite small and basic but had everything I needed. I got a very cheap room only deal so had no complaints, especially as it was just a place to crash.

I didn't do all inclusive but from what I saw and gave read its pretty basic and underwhelming.

Last edited:
We’ve done a bit of a ‘now vs what’s coming’ on Nativo hotel that’s right in front of our place.

You can book on their site from April 1st! So, they better yet cracking!

View attachment 11482
Barefoot luxury, wabi-sabi philosophy and other curious concepts I never heard about...

DJ & music curator: Manel Simøne (Concept Hotel Group, Rock Nights, Teatro Ibiza, etc). Ok, this is getting a wee bit interesting now!
Let's see what the man himself has to say:

"A partir del 1 julio, tengo la inmensa fortuna de musicalizar, programar lives, conciertos de pequeño formato y Djs sets en esta maravilla de lugar en los sunsets de Ibiza.
Apostando por artistas locales, nacionales e internacionales .
Un espacio donde tendrá lugar el latin jazz, el soul ,el pop más cálido, o lives de electrónica downntempo con instrumentos etnicos entre otras propuestas.
Gracias a Nativo Hotel Ibiza por darme libertad en este proyecto"

Ibiza Gran has confirmed that they open on the 27th.

Stayed here a few times, bit too business like imo but very good location, food is good and not overly expensive like the drink.

My preference is the Bellamar, hopefully I will be there soon…54 days and counting 🙏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back