Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
water taxi stop is just outside the back of the hotel, we used it to go to cala conta which was a great afternoon. All in all it's a good location in my opinion, we went mid october and it was still pretty busy

Thanks! Water taxis are no good to me though...feel like im still on the boat about a week later:lol:

Hotel Central Playa in Figuretas - a big NO NO. What a mistake it was.
Extremely overpriced for what they offer. Room was very dated, dirty and basic. It is 2* hotel but by the standards I would say 1*.
And they want 170E per night in September, a robbery.
The hotel is very noisy. Downstairs there is a taxi rank (24h - people shouting, slamming cars doors), bar open till 3 AM and a kebab shop.
You can clearly hear conversations from the rooms around you. Slamming doors, shouts, loud music till 6AM. People walking and moving furniture above you (scraping chairs). Then at 9 am the cleaners start the job and they finish at 3pm. I barely sleep 2h each day for 5 days - like a zombie I was.
The room door had just a simple latch, you could kick the door and it would open. No CCTV (only at the reception). One night a door to a room on the floor I stayed just swung open (someone left a window open I think and the draft just opened the door). Totally not safe and secure.
Holidays ruined, a total tourist trap.

Hotel Central Playa in Figuretas - a big NO NO. What a mistake it was.
Extremely overpriced for what they offer. Room was very dated, dirty and basic. It is 2* hotel but by the standards I would say 1*.
And they want 170E per night in September, a robbery.
The hotel is very noisy. Downstairs there is a taxi rank (24h - people shouting, slamming cars doors), bar open till 3 AM and a kebab shop.
You can clearly hear conversations from the rooms around you. Slamming doors, shouts, loud music till 6AM. People walking and moving furniture above you (scraping chairs). Then at 9 am the cleaners start the job and they finish at 3pm. I barely sleep 2h each day for 5 days - like a zombie I was.
The room door had just a simple latch, you could kick the door and it would open. No CCTV (only at the reception). One night a door to a room on the floor I stayed just swung open (someone left a window open I think and the draft just opened the door). Totally not safe and secure.
Holidays ruined, a total tourist trap.

I stayed here last year and would agree it's definitely a basic hotel but we had no complaints. That said I only paid around 60 euro a night. Staying there for a few nights in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it'll be more like my last stay and not your recent one!

Also that kebab shop does a mighty fine hot dog!

Next on Thomas Cook's agenda: turn the old Casita Blanca apartments in San Antonio into the first Cook's Club on the island, for a young clientele that wants instagrammable hotels.

Hope this hotel is fully built and open?! As Thomas Cook are hours away from going pop. Easy to sell a hotel on if it's finished, but Ibiza's got enough half built hotels already, look at that concrete wreck in the Bay for starters.

I´m sorry for you,..... of course Central Playa is :spank: ......but why have not you compared ?
Ibiza Playa, Nautico Ebeso, Los Molinos all to be recommended and priced not far away !

Or even Hotel Figueretas if you get a sea-view. Hopefully it has AC now!

Plus Comic (Cosmic) Bar is nearby.

Hotel Central Playa in Figuretas. What a mistake it was.
I stayed here in 2011. Doesn't seem like much has changed! Do you get a fridge in your room nowadays? We went and bought a buckle to fill with ice, I recall.

would you prefer another impersonal all-white hotel? there's plenty of those already. all the CHG hotels are different and have character!

Yeah but it's kind of a fake plastic character though isn't it?

I'm sure it appeals to a lot of folk and will do well (and to be fair, they are doing something very different to the other fake vip hotels which I suppose is to their credit). That said i doubt a rapidly-approaching middle-aged overweight balding male is their target demographic.

I actually quite liked the styling of the room in the first picture.

Usually stay in Calo des Moro in San An but wanting to change things up next year.

Any recommendations for the area around Ocean Beach and the Bay? Don't want to be too far into the Bay as water taxis start to be a chore. Getting old so something more luxurious preferred, but still somewhere where you can stumble in quietly at 6am but the receptionist doesn't judge you!

Usually stay in Calo des Moro in San An but wanting to change things up next year.

Any recommendations for the area around Ocean Beach and the Bay? Don't want to be too far into the Bay as water taxis start to be a chore. Getting old so something more luxurious preferred, but still somewhere where you can stumble in quietly at 6am but the receptionist doesn't judge you!

We stayed at a place called Palladium Palmyra mate. Might interest you due to location? Pretty decent hotel as well, very comfy and clean.

Found no problem at all here with stumbling in at daft o'clock :D? generally all of the staff were really good craic.

As an added bonus, you can win a t shirt playing killer darts by the pool every day ?

Currently staying at 7Pines. Lovely hotel, good service (rare in Ibiza) and proper bit of luxury. Great sunset views as it is right out on the west ridge.

Also bonus that’s Wayne Lineker lives here so good chance for OBeach guest list ?

Currently staying at 7Pines. Lovely hotel, good service (rare in Ibiza) and proper bit of luxury. Great sunset views as it is right out on the west ridge.

Also bonus that’s Wayne Lineker lives here so good chance for OBeach guest list ?

I was looking at this place as our 'chill out' days after 6 nights at Pikes next year. Keep the reviews coming!

I was looking at this place as our 'chill out' days after 6 nights at Pikes next year. Keep the reviews coming!

It is probably as good as any 5 * resort hotel I’ve stayed in. I was genuinely surprised you could find the level of service in Ibiza. Rooms are basically apartments, 4 in a block. Living room with kitchen area and a big double bedroom. Very clean, fresh lemons / limes / ice each day for drinks. Cocktail prep tool which was cool.

Service around the pool was spot on and they made sure guests had sun beds as they do get visitors. The lunch options were pretty decent through the day.

Breakfast buffet was ace, good variety of fresh breads. Also you can choose off a menu too - nice dishes but small portions. That said they didn’t mind you ordering a couple and there is the buffet too.

We didn’t have dinner there but did hear although good food - very expensive for very small portions.

We had a €350 room credit which even with drinks and lunches we struggled to get through - so took away the Havana 5 rum & cocktail tool to spend the last €100 ?

Sunset is incredible based on where it is and the views can’t be beaten. If you want luxury, but not wanky VIP levels of fakeness / pretentious then I would say 7Pines is a very good bet

My parents are staying there in October, so I'm gonna have a proper nosy around then - probably not much help to you that late.
I'll post feedback here if I manage to get in before that.

Amare - I've got to say, I'm really impressed. Although I didn't have a look in the room in the end, I think that the hotel is amazing.

They have multiple live musicians - mostly singers - on throughout the day. Some are great, others are terrible, but it's a nice touch I think. There are lots of staff who can't do enough for you. Drinks are very reasonably priced - decent cocktails between €8-€12. Food is very reasonably priced too. The best hotel restaurant all you can eat buffet I've ever had.

I'd be interested to see if they maintain these prices and level of service into next summer.

Understand people being disappointed if they used to stay in the former hotel with kids no longer being able to have that option, but given how much has been invested there I would expect eye-watering prices and they're not.

By contrast, if I were to go around the corner to Reggae Reggae Global Bar on Playa Pinet, I would pay more for a vastly inferior round of cocktails. I like Rooftop 9 at Sol House as well, but still, is cheaper here to my surprise.

One last thing, my Dad rated the bed "big enough for all my groupies" hahahaha

Guess overall, it's still not cheap to stay there. But there are far more expensive places to stay on this island also

The eyesore shell in San Antonio Bay that has been derelict for a long time (maybe since I've been coming to the island?) Today, there were were workmen on site and materials being delivered ?

Only a few days ago I was commenting what a waste of unused space

Just seen outside pics of the new ‘w’ hotel in SE. Looks horrible (personal taste). Bring back the Orquidea anyday. No doubt ridiculously overpriced as well?

since one collapsed in New Orleans, Louisiana in the United States, there may be deals for Hard Rock Hotel. Not planning on going, but out of curiosity I googled it this morning and noticed some strikethrough prices... ?

So, I've been looking at a super chill place to stay after Pikes next year. We only have 2 nights and a few of the hotels I've been looking at say 'min 3 night stay'. Do they ever stray from this if contacted directly? I'm also thinking Marina Botafort/Talamanca area so we can walk into town - any recommendations there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back