Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever managed to change their hotel with a tour operator without cost? Booked azuline mar atmantis with Jet2 but reviews on TA are shockingly bad has really put me off.

Quoted me £289 to change for 3 people just lodged an email with CS team but can take 21 days for a reply FML.

Has anyone ever managed to change their hotel with a tour operator without cost? Booked azuline mar atmantis with Jet2 but reviews on TA are shockingly bad has really put me off.

Quoted me £289 to change for 3 people just lodged an email with CS team but can take 21 days for a reply FML.

Mar Amantis is fine, it's split into hotels 1 and 2.. one of the buildings is on the waterfront and the rooms are offered to couples/families. The building on the inland side is usually offered to big/young groups.

We found all of the facilities were good, all-inclusive food and drink was better than average and the staff were friendly. Not too many stag groups either! Always take TripAdvisor with a pinch of salt.

Mar Amantis is fine, it's split into hotels 1 and 2.. one of the buildings is on the waterfront and the rooms are offered to couples/families. The building on the inland side is usually offered to big/young groups.

We found all of the facilities were good, all-inclusive food and drink was better than average and the staff were friendly. Not too many stag groups either! Always take TripAdvisor with a pinch of salt.
Honestly mate I share the same feelings around TA but have a look at some of the latest reviews. Staff grabbing drinks out of people's hands, staff grabbing people by address by the neck and air con not working and customers told nothing could be done.

Facilities look good so does food hence reason I paid a bit more to book this I wanted something above the usual party hotel.

Honestly mate I share the same feelings around TA but have a look at some of the latest reviews. Staff grabbing drinks out of people's hands, staff grabbing people by address by the neck and air con not working and customers told nothing could be done.

Facilities look good so does food hence reason I paid a bit more to book this I wanted something above the usual party hotel.

The thing is with some of these 'shocking' reviews is you don't know how the persons have behaved in order to be treated that way. I've never been treated with disrespect in any hotel I've stayed in, 1 star or 5 star, though I've seen some pretty rude and ignorant folk in hotels in Ibiza that have deserved nothing less than a pint glass to the napper :spank:?

Also try the Bergantin if you're looking to stay in the Bay, it's a bit more relaxed/tranquil than the usual places and the facilities are top notch.

The thing is with some of these 'shocking' reviews is you don't know how the persons have behaved in order to be treated that way. I've never been treated with disrespect in any hotel I've stayed in, 1 star or 5 star, though I've seen some pretty rude and ignorant folk in hotels in Ibiza that have deserved nothing less than a pint glass to the napper :spank:?

Also try the Bergantin if you're looking to stay in the Bay, it's a bit more relaxed/tranquil than the usual places and the facilities are top notch.
Yeah I thought of that stayed there before it's what I've asked to change too.

Half the reviews are from families that's was what rang alarm bells. Hopefully get a resolution not the end of the world if I have to stay there

Have booked two nights to finish off our trip in early September. Will report back. Am expecting good things.

Little tip if you're looking to book (not just 7Pines either). We booked through Expedia which gave 15% off the rate for signing up to their site, plus you can get QuidCo cashback for Expedia too. Every little helps!

Have booked two nights to finish off our trip in early September. Will report back. Am expecting good things.

Little tip if you're looking to book (not just 7Pines either). We booked through Expedia which gave 15% off the rate for signing up to their site, plus you can get QuidCo cashback for Expedia too. Every little helps!

Thanks, will keep an eye out for it. I've won a trip with 4 nights there in early October.

Any one stayed at Apartmentos Sunset Oasis?

Yes twice. It's also where I succumbed to chicken pox 2-3 years ago and had to flee to the airport before I got quarantined as I was on the island without anybody at home knowing ! Had a car so no longish walk to the bus stop on the main road. Lovely and quiet with great sunset views and a pool. They did have pretty naff karaoke in the evening but I wasn't there to suffer it. Room was nice and spacious and they are super-friendly.

Her exhibition is the first in the series of events Mamboland Agency are organizing for ME Ibiza this summer. The next two will be gastronomic pop-ups with Es Ventall restaurant.
The dates are 10th of july and 7th of august. More info here

2019-07-10-2-copia.jpg

One week ago the first exclusive gastronomic pop up event Origens took place at the rooftop terrace of ME Ibiza in S'Argamassa. The ibicenco chef José Miguel Bonet of Es Ventall fame won over diners with a menu made up of nine dishes and his traditional cuisine of the 21st century concept, that bridges traditional Ibizan food with a cutting-edge and modern approach. The croquette of ibizan shrimp and black garlic was one of the highlights. An explosion of flavors, with Dj Oliver providing the soundtrack, that will happen again on august 7th.

2019-07-10-5-copia.jpg

José Miguel Bonet hard at work

2019-07-10-3-copia.jpg

Some of the unique plates created for the ocassion

2019-07-10-13-copia.jpg

The sun sets and the night begins...
The second Origens event of the season at Me Ibiza will take take place next wednesday.

:arrow:
Get ready for a gastro treat: Origens at the ME Hotel Ibiza

Spain is on 220V. USA is on 110V. If whatever you want to plug in is dual-voltage it will work with a simple travel adaptor to sort out the different plug connection types. If it's a 110V only appliance then you need a voltage converter also or a travel adaptor that has one integrated into it.

Spain is on 220V. USA is on 110V. If whatever you want to plug in is dual-voltage it will work with a simple travel adaptor to sort out the different plug connection types. If it's a 110V only appliance then you need a voltage converter also or a travel adaptor that has one integrated into it.
Thank you!

i only have my phone, fitbit, and laptop. I think I can get by with just an adapter. I looked around and it seems I already have one. It has two posts, both cylindrical. I'm not certain it will work though. It does say something about being for continental Europe with the exception of Italy and another country that I can't remember off the top of my head. I compared it to the adapters they have at two stores here; Batteries Plus Bulbs and Best Buy. I also went to a place called Fry's. What I found was the adapter I have does compare with what they have at Batteries Plus exactly, but is not an exact match for what they have at Best Buy (there's is a smidgen smaller and the posts are a little different). At Fry's I found lots of empty shelves and some commentary about the current state of trade with the U.S. and China. lol

Anyway, I maybe have it sorted out.

I found out that they use both type f and type c in both Spain and the Balearic Islands.

CP_BG.JPG
FP_BG.JPG

CO_BG.JPG
FO_BG.JPG

These are the plugs/adapters above their respective outlets.

I think I have an F but no C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back