Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're staying at The blue apartments which are literally the other side of the road and considering it's full on budget level the pictures look much nicer than the standard Ibiza 70s style rooms which i'm used to ?
Mate, I think you will be impressed....the bar/restaurant in the red hotel is really nice...for the money it is great value

Mate, I think you will be impressed....the bar/restaurant in the red hotel is really nice...for the money it is great value
Sounds good to me?, our reception is manned at the red hotel so hopefully no issues with any guests coming to our room..

I'm more than happy to slum it in Ibiza anyway, I've stayed in Pikey park with only 1 plug socket in the bathroom so anything is an improvement

We went to take a look at this when we were over in June, as a potential future place to stay (we liked the pictures!). Don't get me wrong, it looks nice from the outside, but apparently all the money has gone on the bits you can see. Rooms are not great inside, and there are only a few sea-facing ones, these are much more expensive (obviously). The others face wasteland/mountains/road out the back. Pool is tiny as well, very deceptive from the photos. Had a look at the menu outside and it was expensive....like 15 euros for burger (or something like that).

Depends what you are after really....it will look nice in instagram photos and nice for a cocktail before heading out, but as an actual hotel, not so much. Just my own personal opinion....

Ive not stayed at the Wikiwoo either, but did when it was the Costamar (which was awful, it isnt missed!) and the issue is without knocking the whole 70s design down and starting again they can't avoid the smaller rooms or rooms not having the best views and yeh that pool is small.

It is in mt favourite bit of San An though, love Golden Buddah and a short walk to Cala Gracio.

Her exhibition is the first in the series of events Mamboland Agency are organizing for ME Ibiza this summer. The next two will be gastronomic pop-ups with Es Ventall restaurant.
The dates are 10th of july and 7th of august. More info here

2019-07-10-2-copia.jpg

One week ago the first exclusive gastronomic pop up event Origens took place at the rooftop terrace of ME Ibiza in S'Argamassa. The ibicenco chef José Miguel Bonet of Es Ventall fame won over diners with a menu made up of nine dishes and his traditional cuisine of the 21st century concept, that bridges traditional Ibizan food with a cutting-edge and modern approach. The croquette of ibizan shrimp and black garlic was one of the highlights. An explosion of flavors, with Dj Oliver providing the soundtrack, that will happen again on august 7th.

2019-07-10-5-copia.jpg

José Miguel Bonet hard at work

2019-07-10-3-copia.jpg

Some of the unique plates created for the ocassion

2019-07-10-13-copia.jpg

The sun sets and the night begins...

Anyone been to the new Amare in San An Bay yet? from the photos it looks lush

I've not been, but I live right opposite. Aside from the fact they made a lot of mess for the first month of summer and they haven't nearly enough parking spaces, it really does look the part. Seems to be busy too. They often have live jazz singers up on the roof. Sunset must look great from up there. My parents are staying there in October, so I'm gonna have a proper nosy around then - probably not much help to you that late.
I'll post feedback here if I manage to get in before that.

I've not been, but I live right opposite. Aside from the fact they made a lot of mess for the first month of summer and they haven't nearly enough parking spaces, it really does look the part. Seems to be busy too. They often have live jazz singers up on the roof. Sunset must look great from up there. My parents are staying there in October, so I'm gonna have a proper nosy around then - probably not much help to you that late.
I stayed for two weeks June 2018 before the change, however, I think about 3/4 of the rooms had already been converted.
There was hardly any storage space, a tiny 'wardrobe' with a bit of curtain on a rail that kept falling down and some glass shelving.
I was lucky to get a proper bathroom with a large walk in shower, (think it may have been meant for disabled access). Some rooms I saw had the shower in the middle of the room next to the beds! That's what I didn't like about it. I will say the beds were fantastic though, also a good tv.

nice one thanks - going in Aug so will post a review after that

Arrived at hotel Abrat a few hours ago. I've got one of the rooms in the new part of the building. Very impressed.
Just arrived back home after 10 days there. Very enjoyable and good location Wiki Woo next door was a bit of a cringe though - nice enough but very young and lots of poses and pouts being thrown) ?

Would recommend Portinatx. Not that much more expensive in a taxi really when comes down to it.
portinatx is surely much nicer and way more chilled out then most places in the south and san an, but in our case the 22 y.o. daughter comes with us and she likes to spend almost every day at O Beach. i am not prepaired to pay for that as we stay 14 days

We were just coming up to our cancellation period ending with our hotel and as it was booked through booking.com, we checked the prices online and we've found the same one 200 Euro cheaper direct with the hotel. Hopefully they don't overbook and then turn guests away as i was turned away from my hotel last year so i don't want that happening again ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back