Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side you’ll get the Dalt Vila view from their Sky bar and terrace. I stayed round the corner in Rocamar (now Mikasa) a few times. It’s a great area to be based. Short walk to the beach, some excellent cafes and restaurants plus just a boat ride to Ibiza town.

Yeah, I love that area too. Talamanca is probably my favourite place to stay as it's so close to the restaurants, bars and shops of Ibiza Town (especially with the boat taxi) but it has a much nicer beach than Figueretas and is usually pretty chilled. Easier for parking than Figueretas too!

First time for me at the hotel ME Ibiza in S'Argamassa. Quite impressed by how much the area has changed since the last time I was there, with the opening also of Nikki Beach and plenty of development happening around it.

The reason for my visit was to check Intuition: Ibiza through La Skimal, the first retrospective exhibition of the much-loved local photographer Isa Flores aka La Skimal.

Her exhibition is the first in the series of events Mamboland Agency are organizing for ME Ibiza this summer. The next two will be gastronomic pop-ups with Es Ventall restaurant.

The exhibition is composed by a series of photographs beautifully presented and distributed in three different spaces of the hotel (including their impressive rooftop terrace) and shows us a radiography of Ibiza over the past 15 years through her eyes.

The project is a multidimensional experience thanks to Musical Vision, a technology applied to the blind, taking it to the artistic field for the first time. One of the highlights was the room dedicated to this technology that turns digital images into music. As a result, the artist's pieces can not only be seen but can also be heard.

Unique moments like a still not famous Lady Gaga at Eden in 2007, Idris Elba debuting as a dj at Pikes in 2014 or the legendary Space closing parties are part of the exhibition along with other internationally renowned figures such as Lenny Kravitz, The Prodigy, Rudimental, DJ Havey, Carl Cox, Sven Väth, Faithless, Luciano or a very funny one of Pete Tong and David Guetta together. For obvious reasons, my favourite pieces were the Ibiza Rocks related (she was the in-house photographer for many years) but I also loved the stunning photographs printed in sequins at the hall.

A highly recommened visit if you like photography or even if you just happen to be in the area, fancy having a mojito while the sun is setting and enjoy the amazing views from their rooftop terrace.

IMG-20190614-202425-copia.jpg
IMG-20190614-202435-copia.jpg

IMG-20190614-203843-copia.jpg
IMG-20190614-204642-copia.jpg

Exhibition dates: June 14 to June 21
Address: ME Ibiza, Avinguda de s'Argamassa 153
Visiting hours: Open during day
Artist info: www.laskimal.com

We'll be staying for a week in Santa Eulalia, but moving over to San-An for the last weekend of our holiday.

Currently looking at Hostal Valencia, Cnan Beia & AzuLine... what are peoples thoughts?

We'll be staying for a week in Santa Eulalia, but moving over to San-An for the last weekend of our holiday.

Currently looking at Hostal Valencia, Cnan Beia & AzuLine... what are peoples thoughts?

I stayed at Can Beia in May, I don't know the rates during the main season, in May it was unbelievable cheap. The room was clean and had a minimalistic budget design, the bathroom was renovated completely before the seasons. Of course it's not a luxury accommodation - quite loud and the pool area is not very inviting... nevertheless I would stay there again....

Azuline I liked it was April so very quiet around.. but nice place and some good inexpensive places to eat/drink that you would not get to see stay up at IRH or up that way.. is there a I & II Azuline ?

I've stayed at the Valencia a few times and really liked it and would happily stay there again. The pool area is always nice & quiet. Décor is traditional Spanish with lost of tiles/mosaics! The breakfasts were pretty good - sit on the front terrace. The rooms were a bit basic, but very clean - it has been a few years since I stayed so they may have been upgraded. There was a nice little bar over the road as well.

Azuline I liked it was April so very quiet around.. but nice place and some good inexpensive places to eat/drink that you would not get to see stay up at IRH or up that way.. is there a I & II Azuline ?

There are a few Azuline hotels in San An bay (name of the company) including Mar Amantis 1 and 2, Bergantin and the recently acquired Rosamar aparthotel up the Cala De Bou end.

On the plus side you’ll get the Dalt Vila view from their Sky bar and terrace.
Do you know if anyone can just go up to the bar? Was looking at booking here but opted against it, would be nice to go for a drink or 2 though.

Anyone ever stay at Hostal La Torre, what did you think? All info welcome

Also, after the sunset does it remain low-key?

Last edited:
I have never stayed there but when I visited last year for drinks we stayed for an hour or so after sunset and it remained very peaceful and chilled. It didn't look like it was ramping up but as I said we only stayed for about an hour after sunset.

Has anyone stayed at the 7Pines resort? Thinking of ending our holiday with two nights in a nice hotel and thought it looked decent but keen to know if anyone's had any experience of staying / visiting there?

Has anyone stayed at the 7Pines resort? Thinking of ending our holiday with two nights in a nice hotel and thought it looked decent but keen to know if anyone's had any experience of staying / visiting there?

Wayne Lineker has moved in, so see his Insta stories for daily updates from there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back