Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed there a few years ago after it was refurbished. It’s very nice, clean and good value in the ibiza market imo. Loud music at the pool from 10am that does penetrate the double glazing so if you want quiet I suggest you get a mountain facing room (they are cheaper too). They are very hot on leaving on time. At 11.05am we had an unpleasant visit from security for not vacating at 11am, despite no prior warning (but I accept we were late).

A group of friends stayed there last weekend and said it was really nice.

Its nice, more upmarket and relaxed clientele than most hotels and in a good location. Good spa down in the basement with jaquzzi pools etc, only thing i'd mark it down for is not enough loungers by the pool, but you are right on the beach so that doesnt matter too much.

good to hear, thanks guys!

Looking forward to the spa and saunas to detox from the previous day's partying.

I didn't have a view option when booking but when checking in i'll ask for mountain as I rather sleep without music noise in the room.

I don't think the checkout will be a problem as my flight out is at 10 AM so I'll be getting in from resistance to pick up my bags only : )

The 5-star fever has now also reached Formentera with the opening of the hotel Five Flowers last weekend.

57133889_2151907298223754_4211358511973531648_n.png.jpg

It is a hell of a walk, we stayed near there last year and after doing the walk a couple of times my missus was demanding cabs or the boat! The water ferries are the way to go....very frequent and quite a nice way to start the evening.
Cheers mate. Hope you had a good time.

Thanks, we are over again next week, staying in the Red Hotel right next to the fountains in San An....not worth the ear-bashing of that walk this time!
I think you and I have the same issue, hence the question! Have a good time next week.

The 5-star fever has now also reached Formentera with the opening of the hotel Five Flowers last weekend.

57133889_2151907298223754_4211358511973531648_n.png.jpg
It. Looks. Horrendous.
The only + I could give it would be the top floor pool with view, and you get the same at Sa Volta down the road! One of the pics in the gallery looks like someone's dropped huge piles of turd in the lounge for you to sit on. Or is it a starter??
Wouldn't pay 50e/nt to stay there, let alone 300+ for the cheapest room.
Mind you, it isn't for the likes of me; it's for those footballers who will spend their holiday hidden under Dr Dre's headphones, they're welcome to it.

Has anyone stayed in Ocean Drive Talamanca recently (the original one, by the taxi boats and the Corso)?

I am looking at October and there are some good deals there.

Palladium announced yesterday the opening of a new luxury hotel in San Antonio next season: TRS Ibiza...

Has anyone stayed in Ocean Drive Talamanca recently (the original one, by the taxi boats and the Corso)?

I am looking at October and there are some good deals there.

Stayed there years ago. The only down point was the trucks/buses traffic.

Stayed there years ago. The only down point was the trucks/buses traffic.

Ah, good point. Might be better to ask for an upper room (as I tend to do) away from the road, so sacrificing the Dalt Vila view.

On the plus side you’ll get the Dalt Vila view from their Sky bar and terrace. I stayed round the corner in Rocamar (now Mikasa) a few times. It’s a great area to be based. Short walk to the beach, some excellent cafes and restaurants plus just a boat ride to Ibiza town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back