Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live music at OD Ocean Drive...

56649475-10157020222625242-3213632575411060736-n574.jpg

Here's hoping! We're on the hunt for a decent self catering apartment and it's just so expensive. We're looking at the Sud Suites for a week in early September and it's coming out at €2k. The place doesn't even have a pool. It's all either really high end places which are bucks or stuff at the opposite end. Doesn't seem to be much in the middle.
Try the Casa Maria in San Antonio. Nice rooftop pool, quiet in the day (thankfully), not far from the Sunset Strip, friendly staff and the air-conditioned rooms fit 3 in at a squeeze.

BBC News reporting that UK bookings to the EU are down due to the dreaded B word and also a resurgence in Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia bookings. Any signs of price cutting on the island due to this?
I've just had a nosy at prices for start of July. Quite frankly I'm shocked! One week b&b at one hotel is more expensive than what we paid for 2 people for 2 weeks all inclusive 2 years ago.

This is looking at same hotels we've stayed in before and same tour operators. Everything seems waaaay more expensive. Made me reconsider bothering ?‍♂️

I've just had a nosy at prices for start of July. Quite frankly I'm shocked! One week b&b at one hotel is more expensive than what we paid for 2 people for 2 weeks all inclusive 2 years ago.

This is looking at same hotels we've stayed in before and same tour operators. Everything seems waaaay more expensive. Made me reconsider bothering ?‍♂️

A lot of hotels getting way above themselves with the pricing, but if they fill the beds at these prices I suppose you can't blame them.

I'm also from Hull by the way! We can say 'urrr nurr 'ow much?' at the hotelliers together :)

Try the Casa Maria in San Antonio. Nice rooftop pool, quiet in the day (thankfully), not far from the Sunset Strip, friendly staff and the air-conditioned rooms fit 3 in at a squeeze.
Thanks mate. Think we’d prefer over the Ibiza Town side of the island though.

And similar to Hull Mysterious says above, these prices are making us reconsider whether we go elsewhere this year.

A lot of hotels getting way above themselves with the pricing, but if they fill the beds at these prices I suppose you can't blame them.

I'm also from Hull by the way! We can say 'urrr nurr 'ow much?' at the hotelliers together :)
Never dull in 'ull lol

And I've spoke to a few work colleagues who've said same thing about ibiza and Europe in general. They just not bothering now.

Wonder if they factored in Brexit happening in March/soon and drop in pound, thus stupidly high prices. Wait and see is what I'm going to do.

did someone mentioned the new "casa cook" before? imo one of the best hotel concepts in southern europe at the moment with good value for money, now they'll open a new hotel on the island... :)

did someone mentioned the new "casa cook" before? imo one of the best hotel concepts in southern europe at the moment with good value for money, now they'll open a new hotel on the island... :)
2.5k for a week before Ive even had a drink is not my idea of good value for money!

I got three nights in August at Amare for 430 euros... unbelievable value.
This place looks nice but is only three star rated which in Spain usually means two star in reality. Why is it so good?

Also, how far from San An centre is it? I’m struggling to work it out.

This place looks nice but is only three star rated which in Spain usually means two star in reality. Why is it so good?

Also, how far from San An centre is it? I’m struggling to work it out.

BA have it down as a 4.5 star on their site.. no idea how the stars work anyway as it's not even open yet..

Their Marbella hotel looks amazing, so hopefully they do a good job on this one

BA have it down as a 4.5 star on their site.. no idea how the stars work anyway as it's not even open yet..

Their Marbella hotel looks amazing, so hopefully they do a good job on this one
Cheers mate. How far from the egg is it?

anybody have any reviews on the Garbi hotel?

I stayed there a few years ago after it was refurbished. It’s very nice, clean and good value in the ibiza market imo. Loud music at the pool from 10am that does penetrate the double glazing so if you want quiet I suggest you get a mountain facing room (they are cheaper too). They are very hot on leaving on time. At 11.05am we had an unpleasant visit from security for not vacating at 11am, despite no prior warning (but I accept we were late).

A group of friends stayed there last weekend and said it was really nice.

anybody have any reviews on the Garbi hotel?

Its nice, more upmarket and relaxed clientele than most hotels and in a good location. Good spa down in the basement with jaquzzi pools etc, only thing i'd mark it down for is not enough loungers by the pool, but you are right on the beach so that doesnt matter too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back