Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.blesscollectionhotels.com/en/ibiza/bless-hotel-ibiza

This just popped up on fb. Very swanky, I thought Es Canar was a cheap family resort :rolleyes:

Ibiza has got to have a serious think where it is heading, families and normal people are almost priced out altogether now and many of these are the loyal people who visit regularly and spend in the supermarkets, bars, restaurants, rent Pedalo's etc. The pseudo VIP's stay in the luxury hotel comound and only leave to visit Hi's VIP booths and will ditch Ibiza as soon as another island gets cool.

Ibiza has got to have a serious think where it is heading, families and normal people are almost priced out altogether now and many of these are the loyal people who visit regularly and spend in the supermarkets, bars, restaurants, rent Pedalo's etc. The pseudo VIP's stay in the luxury hotel comound and only leave to visit Hi's VIP booths and will ditch Ibiza as soon as another island gets cool.
A good example is the Barcelo Hotel in Portinatx... They turned 4 ? and adults only, and they are not working as good than before...

^ yep - sadly this is happening everywhere. A total failure of politics to protect the local economy.

Are the 2 hotels in santa e that were getting refurbed (orquadia & the other one further along) gunna be ready for the season and if so under what names?

Are the 2 hotels in santa e that were getting refurbed (orquadia & the other one further along) gunna be ready for the season and if so under what names?

W hotel

i think the plan is to open this summer but not 100% sure

Have any of you lovely people stayed at the Palladium Hotel Palmyra in San Antonio?

How did you find it?

I stayed in it years ago when it was a fiesta. Was brilliant then with good food. I know some peeps who've stayed in it since and give it rave reviews too.

Close enough to walk to bus station, sunset, westend etc, but far enough away to be quiet.

Only downside was getting sunbeds, but we ended up putting our towels down when we rolled in at 7am lol

I was about to book hotel room for closings... Seems like almost every playasol hotel (except San Remo and s'estanyol in the bay) will be closed from 7th October!! So strange! They always used to close at least middle of October...

I was about to book hotel room for closings... Seems like almost every playasol hotel (except San Remo and s'estanyol in the bay) will be closed from 7th October!! So strange! They always used to close at least middle of October...

Im currently looking at San remo..any good? Looks decent enough

W Hotels with clubbing as in Bali , maybe. Not very cheap. Fits to the new Tourism in Ibz. Another Destino or Ushi , only in Santa E.
We stayed at w in Amsterdam usually not my thing but we we're with Friends who get a good deal as a family member works at the one in Barcelona.. the roof bar was ace.. nice tunes, good mixture of people locals and tourist. Expensive drinks though..

Im currently looking at San remo..any good? Looks decent enough

we stayed in san remo in october, no complaints. We had a sea view room and enjoyed sunset from there some nights. Water taxi stop outside the back of the hotel over to San An town or the beaches Cala Bassa & Cala Comte. Hotel was clean, food and drink was decent, would definitely stay again

BBC News reporting that UK bookings to the EU are down due to the dreaded B word and also a resurgence in Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia bookings. Any signs of price cutting on the island due to this?

BBC News reporting that UK bookings to the EU are down due to the dreaded B word and also a resurgence in Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia bookings. Any signs of price cutting on the island due to this?
Here's hoping! We're on the hunt for a decent self catering apartment and it's just so expensive. We're looking at the Sud Suites for a week in early September and it's coming out at €2k. The place doesn't even have a pool. It's all either really high end places which are bucks or stuff at the opposite end. Doesn't seem to be much in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back