Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Hi there everyone,

I've been to ibiza many times in my 20s but now in my late 30s, I've spent the last 5 years or so visiting the north of the island.

I'm booking a little 3 night break away with the hubby. Not doing any clubs. Thinking meals, boat trip, sunbathing, around the pool, trips to other beaches etc. And will spend the evening at the sunset strip or other restaurants in the area.

Weve chosen blau park as it seems to fit our criteria and also weve visited the sol bahia before and Costa mar apartments.

Just wondered if I'm missing anywhere close to the sunset strip? Any better hotels?

Edited to add, is there somewhere near the main beach that is nice? Like the section on the prom just after the ibiza rocks bar, on the way up to the restaurants/ bay area?

Heard of a few places. Kind regards

Last edited:
Hi there everyone,

I've been to ibiza many times in my 20s but now in my late 30s, I've spent the last 5 years or so visiting the north of the island.

I'm booking a little 3 night break away with the hubby. Not doing any clubs. Thinking meals, boat trip, sunbathing, around the pool, trips to other beaches etc. And will spend the evening at the sunset strip or other restaurants in the area.

Weve chosen blau park as it seems to fit our criteria and also weve visited the sol bahia before and Costa mar apartments.

Just wondered if I'm missing anywhere close to the sunset strip? Any better hotels?

Edited to add, is there somewhere near the main beach that is nice? Like the section on the prom just after the ibiza rocks bar, on the way up to the restaurants/ bay area?

One advantage of the Blau Parc 4* is that it's an aparthotel so you would have a kitchenette, if that's handy for you.
Opposite is Gran Sol 3* which is well regarded.
Sol Bahia 2* has been refurbished after a big fire, Costa Mar has also been transformed, now called Wi-Ki-Woo 2*, both trendy.
Along the prom after IR Bar you have the Arenal Hotel 3, then Palladium Hotel Palmyra 4, then Hotel Ses Savines 2*, Also separate apartments on site

One advantage of the Blau Parc 4* is that it's an aparthotel so you would have a kitchenette, if that's handy for you.
Sol Bahia 2* has been refurbished after a big fire, Costa Mar has also been transformed, now called Wi-Ki-Woo 2*, both trendy.
Along the prom after IR Bar you have the Arenal Hotel 3, then Palladium Hotel Palmyra 4, then Hotel Ses Savines 2*, Also separate apartments on site
Gran Sol is a great budget hotel.

Blau Parc is a decent enough hotel. Right next door to Golden Buddha, which is a great place to watch the sunset.

Abrat is also good in that area.

Hi there everyone,

I've stayed here a few times Dawn and it's sound. It has a relaxed atmosphere and if i was to be slightly critical, the rooms are a little tired. The view from balcony (i hope you booked the seaview and ask for 3rd floor) is immense. My avatar is actually from a lower level room

Hi there everyone,

Hi Dawn, we actually nearly booked Blau park this year as I think it's a great location, one of our favourite spots for sunset is Golden Buddha so would be great for us (maybe next time!!) but then decided to try the north of the island for a change and so we are staying in the Balansat Prestige which I see you have been to, what did you make of these apartments??

I've stayed here a few times Dawn and it's sound. It has a relaxed atmosphere and if i was to be slightly critical, the rooms are a little tired. The view from balcony (i hope you booked the seaview and ask for 3rd floor) is immense. My avatar is actually from a lower level room
That's brilliant.

Seaview on the third floor. Would you day thsts the best choice. What floor was your avatar picture on?

Hi Dawn, we actually nearly booked Blau park this year as I think it's a great location, one of our favourite spots for sunset is Golden Buddha so would be great for us (maybe next time!!) but then decided to try the north of the island for a change and so we are staying in the Balansat Prestige which I see you have been to, what did yuou make of these apartments??
The balansat prestige are lovely. No nightlife there atall just a few lovely restaurant and beach bars and theres the Sunday night drumming experience at benniras.

Its lovely there for a chill. Take a walk over the cliffs to a super cool little beach bar. It's amazing. I'll get you the name and Facebook page of the beach bar. It's really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back