Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd simply wait. personally I think nowhere is gonna be full so you a) will always find something and b) might get some good late deals

Thanks, that's what we're hoping.

Taking my mum along for a few days so hoping to get somewhere nice but not silly prices.

Still look savage to me - especially villas.

I don't quite understand it.

We have a villa booked for end of July and want to extend a week - same price.

There are some very hefty prices around. It must be difficult for the hotels and I'm no expert but it would be good to see them adopt a rate somewhere in and around late May/June prices approx for the rest of the season. The upcoming July and August months can hardly be classed as "peak" in the current circumstances, the season has only just begun. We're now a week away from July and the majority of the prices are very steep, how long will people wait for the rate to drop before finally giving up?

Had a reply off Hotel Arenal asking me to email the hotel company, still no reply. I’m guessing no plans to open, otherwise they would have said in their reply Instead of directing me to someone else.

I noticed a few 'new listings' on the likes of Booking.com for apartments & villas offering 20% off. Still expensive so assume the owners are trying to hedge their bets and hope they still get non-clubbers willing to pay those prices.

Only 1 hotel will open july, 3 days sorted, still eleven waiting for confirmation
i didn't notice discount on locations in san anotnio.

Last edited:
For this year I had a room booked at the abrat for 8th july which was through travel republic. Friend who comes with us booked same hotel direct with them
We had our flights cancelled as were with jet2 from Newcastle.
So today he gets an email from the hotel saying his booking is confirmed and they are looking forward to welcoming him. An hour later I get an email from travel republic saying that my booking has been cancelled due to coronavirus.
Fortunately the hotel were excellent when he emailed them to explain and no doubt we will be back next year but think it goes to show that its going to be a bit hit and miss for many things this year.

Thank you ‘fancy’ hotels are not in my budget so that sound great.

How about Santa Eulalia itself? Is there enough going on?

I love the buzz of Ibiza town and usually stay in San an, but I am open for a change this year on the other side of the island.

I would like a busy enough town with good access to the central villages on the bus & plenty of stunning hiking routes for sunrise...

Thank you ‘fancy’ hotels are not in my budget so that sound great.

How about Santa Eulalia itself? Is there enough going on?

I love the buzz of Ibiza town and usually stay in San an, but I am open for a change this year on the other side of the island.

I would like a busy enough town with good access to the central villages on the bus & plenty of stunning hiking routes for sunrise...
It is hard to judge what anywhere will be like this year for obvious reasons, but Santa Eularia is the 3rd biggest town on the island, it is a functioning town in it's own right, with many locals, so it should still seem reasonably busy. The bars, cafe's, restaurants will have people in them and there are shops as you would get in any normal town. Unlike somewhere like, say, Playa den Bossa that is dead out of season (and probably will be all this year).

But it is not a lively party town. There might be the odd late bar, but there are no clubs or partying. Taxi's to San An are about 40 euros each way so you'll need a car if you are going there. Along that side of the island are some of the nicest beaches (IMO), Aguas Blancas, Cala Boix etc, and it has more of the old hippy vide with the markets of Las Dalias and Punta Arabi close by.

Could be a be good choice this year with no clubbing to speak of....a good chance to explore that side of the island when it is a bit quieter.

Jet2 have replied and said the holiday is still going ahead and they haven’t heard any different from the hotel (Arenal in San An). I go in September so a couple of months away, looking forward to a chilled out week, We are hoping to visit the cave which was featured on here last week.

Hotel Gran sol, san an westend cancelled following mate, they won't open this year
some people having hotel cancelled had their booking upgrade x2 in going to more fancy hotel, for same price :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back