Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m heading out at the end of September for 2 weeks originally staying in San an for 2 weeks tui have changed our flight so we are able to cancel that trip and rebook. Planning a week in San an still, friends have already booked. I’ve been looking at a week in figueretas also, has anyone stayed at the los Molinos before? It’s between that and the cenit. I’ve stayed at the cenit before and love the rooftop pool, but like the look of the los Molinos as well.

has anyone stayed at the los Molinos before? It’s between that and the cenit. I’ve stayed at the cenit before and love the rooftop pool, but like the look of the los Molinos as well.

I've stayed one night at the Molinos and was impressed. Great pool area and laid back atmosphere. The view from the Cenit pool is alot better obviously being up high, so that just pips it for me. I like that the Cenit is tucked away and it's a pretty quiet area. Perfct for a walk into Fig, or Ibiza town.

I've stayed one night at the Molinos and was impressed. Great pool area and laid back atmosphere. The view from the Cenit pool is alot better obviously being up high, so that just pips it for me. I like that the Cenit is tucked away and it's a pretty quiet area. Perfct for a walk into Fig, or Ibiza town.
Thanks. I think we will stick to the cenit. I agree that location is almost perfect. It looks like it’s had a bit of an update since my last visit as well.

Anyone stayed at jabeque soul hotel in fig, first time I will be staying there
We did Jabeque Dream Appartments in one of our two trips last year. Good vibe at the pool. Great sea view on our balcony. Great location between PBD and Fig. Great Café/Pizza just across the street (Osiris / please give some fruits to Boyo-Serena for us). Refreshed room (but still not as great as the rest). Overall realy good hotel (if luxury is not why you go to Ibiza, like us). I would book again.

We did Jabeque Dream Appartments in one of our two trips last year. Good vibe at the pool. Great sea view on our balcony. Great location between PBD and Fig. Great Café/Pizza just across the street (Osiris / please give some fruits to Boyo-Serena for us). Refreshed room (but still not as great as the rest). Overall realy good hotel (if luxury is not why you go to Ibiza, like us). I would book again.
That's great thank you?

I go for cheap and not luxury lol

I was at Jabeque ,4-5 years ago for free, as they didnt charge the +1 thanks to UAE/Bahrain mate (most ever valuable ibz spotlight ? , if u read me , lunch and dinners for free next time, we meet ;), hope he won't read, as he has got luxury taste for lunch dinners ? )
a local dj i follow Pablo Hernanz was dayly spinning beats at Jabeque last year

i was at THB Molino one day too , no aircon and fridge don't really work, my mango hagen daas box was melting ? and wc looks like mobile one with some leaking :eek:

Out of a ☠ budget 30-50€ is my max budget/day for location

i 've read 80% of hotels were shut for now ?

Last edited:
Hi all, first timer here.

We've booked a week at the end of August staying at the Grand Palladium White Island in Playa den Bossa. It was a great deal for all-inclusive. Have wanted to visit Ibiza for ages, am desperate to fly somewhere, so it seemed perfect!

Now, I'm not much of a clubber but love restaurants and bars. Hoping most will be open by then. But also had some questions about how the hotel will operate as I'm a bit worried it could be a nightmare.

Is it generally expected that PdB and the island in general will be quieter or will things be back to normal by end of August?

Can we expect our hotel to be rammed with people (especially families with kids), so combined with social distancing measures, it will be a nightmare to get food, drink, sun loungers etc?
Or will it be the best time to visit as hotel capacity may be lower, fewer visitors etc?

We have emailed the hotel to ask what their plans but they just direct us to the global company's page about Covid measures, where as I would quite like some local advice on what we can expect.

Our deposit is refundable as a voucher right up to 48hrs before, so if it's looking like the hotel will be not very relaxing we will look at an alternative.

Thanks in advance for your help!

hi chicken,

I can't imagine we're ever gonna get to a 'full' situation this year as we usually do so I don't think you need to worry regarding your hotel.

there will be restaurants and bars open, but inevitably you'll also walk along places that have decided to stay shut this year.

hi chicken,

I can't imagine we're ever gonna get to a 'full' situation this year as we usually do so I don't think you need to worry regarding your hotel.

there will be restaurants and bars open, but inevitably you'll also walk along places that have decided to stay shut this year.
Thanks Stivi. Reading some early reports from the hotel that the majority of restaurants and bars there are closed so long wait for everything. Do you reckon this will improve over the next few weeks as more people come? I know we won't get the same experience as usual but hesitant to stay there if it's going to be mostly closed...

Thanks Stivi. Reading some early reports from the hotel that the majority of restaurants and bars there are closed so long wait for everything. Do you reckon this will improve over the next few weeks as more people come? I know we won't get the same experience as usual but hesitant to stay there if it's going to be mostly closed...

on the restaurant front IMO lots of places are already open and I'm sure more will.

bars a few have opened and more will.

I've said it elsewhere, right now it's like it usually is at the start of may when step by step places start to open. just two months later than usual.

as long as you keep in mind that ibiza won't be packed and that there will be places that won't open, I think you won't be disappointed.

Hi @greenchicken & welcome! My friend stayed at Grand Palladium last May and there were plenty of seating and sun-beds. There were some families with young kids but it was pretty mixed so certainly not overrun with kids. I don't know if they will operate the buffet as my understanding was that self-service buffets were being banned?

My only thought would be that Grand Palladium is at the far end of PDB, at the end furthest away from Ibiza Town. With Ushuaia & Hi not opening, I wonder if some of the other bars (Tantra, etc) around there which are more 'clubby' might also be closed? However, Bora Bora and Nassau Beach nearby will be open.

I'm staying in PDB for a few days in August as I'd booked a hotel there in May (for when I thought IMS was still at Hard Rock Hotel and then it was cancelled altogether!) so moved my booking to August for a decent deal. When I checked, quite a few places were re-opening in early July so you should be fine. I imagine last month was pretty quiet but it should be less of a ghost town now.

Hi @greenchicken & welcome! My friend stayed at Grand Palladium last May and there were plenty of seating and sun-beds. There were some families with young kids but it was pretty mixed so certainly not overrun with kids. I don't know if they will operate the buffet as my understanding was that self-service buffets were being banned?

My only thought would be that Grand Palladium is at the far end of PDB, at the end furthest away from Ibiza Town. With Ushuaia & Hi not opening, I wonder if some of the other bars (Tantra, etc) around there which are more 'clubby' might also be closed? However, Bora Bora and Nassau Beach nearby will be open.

I'm staying in PDB for a few days in August as I'd booked a hotel there in May (for when I thought IMS was still at Hard Rock Hotel and then it was cancelled altogether!) so moved my booking to August for a decent deal. When I checked, quite a few places were re-opening in early July so you should be fine. I imagine last month was pretty quiet but it should be less of a ghost town now.

tantra opens this sat, but of course you are righr re ushuaïa and hï

tantra opens this sat, but of course you are righr re ushuaïa and hï

Ah, it should still be quite buzzy around there then.

Have you heard about what's happening at hotels with regards to breakfast buffets? Presumably it will be table service for the time being.

Ah, it should still be quite buzzy around there then.

Have you heard about what's happening at hotels with regards to breakfast buffets? Presumably it will be table service for the time being.

yeah AFAIK it's all served, no buffets

Thanks for the advice! My worry is just that within the hotel itself everything will take a long time - i.e. to get served food, drinks etc. But maybe I am worrying too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back