Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any feedback on hotel tres torres in Santa Eulalia? I’m thinking of a 9 night stay in August....

Stayed there 3 years ago at end of September and it was great, good location only a short walk to the bars and busy part of town. Rooms are fairly basic but clean and thats all you need really!

Ah the Hostel Torres! I had a great time there in I think '08, '09? The twins weren't born yet so it must have been 2009. My former wife and I spent a lot of time indoors that trip if you know what I mean hahaha. I'd love to see it since the refurb. It's always nice to me to see that Ibiza changes and evolves with time. Like sand being pushed around by the tides. Nothing is constant...

I mean, that’s a valid question - what/how much would it cost to buy a hotel on the island?
Say she's the face of the hotel, nice girl very likeable and was surprisingly good friend with Kate Moss and that lot during the 00s.. made some good connections and friends.. place looks good too...

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme. Will post the details when I'm set up.
I mean, that's not a dreadful price providing you can get the cash. Assuming that it's ready to go, and your margin is, say 15% a year after tax....

-150 cover restaurant
- Say you are open April to October, 28 weeks a year
- 2 sittings a day
- 60% fill rate
- Average €40 per head spend
- €1,411,200 turnover a year
- €211,680 per year profit
- Payback is 8 years, even less if your per head spend / fill rate is higher or you decide to rent out one of the apartments for a grand and a half a week too

Pretty reasonable on the back of my fag packet, global pandemics aside

I mean, that's not a dreadful price providing you can get the cash. Assuming that it's ready to go, and your margin is, say 15% a year after tax....

-150 cover restaurant
- Say you are open April to October, 28 weeks a year
- 2 sittings a day
- 60% fill rate
- Average €40 per head spend
- €1,411,200 turnover a year
- €211,680 per year profit
- Payback is 8 years, even less if your per head spend / fill rate is higher or you decide to rent out one of the apartments for a grand and a half a week too

Pretty reasonable on the back of my fag packet, global pandemics aside

Fairly big caveat that! Anyone trying to sell a tourist-based business on the island at the mo has had a proper kick in the wotsits!

Fairly big caveat that! Anyone trying to sell a tourist-based business on the island at the mo has had a proper kick in the wotsits!
I'm an accountant, am all about the caveats!

You could probably offer 1.4m for that at the moment. I'll send it to the boss, see what he thinks!

It's right next to Kumharas which would work for us. Parking round there is easy too.

Just got to work out how we can ditch 2 kids now. Maybe they could stay in Playa Bella with Nan and Grandad?
Try swapping them with a looky man for a couple of fizzy sweets and a baggie of glucose powder ;)??

We were due to stay in the Fergus Bahamas all inclusive this year - Cancelled now though.

Was just wondering if anyone had stayed there, was pretty reasonably priced.

Also the big question - is the AI bar open 24 hours?

We were due to stay in the Fergus Bahamas all inclusive this year - Cancelled now though.

Was just wondering if anyone had stayed there, was pretty reasonably priced.

Also the big question - is the AI bar open 24 hours?

I stayed there about 7-8 years ago, so may not be relevant now but it was a good hotel. Right on the beach and down the quiet end of PdB. Plus 5mins from the airport by taxi, as planes pretty much land on the hotel roof!

The food was good and I only used the pool bar from what I remember? But it opened early so great for a carry on after a club until it got too hot!
The only downside was our room which was on the ground level by the pools. It was really dark and had no natural light. Also pretty crampt for three people.

I stayed there about 7-8 years ago, so may not be relevant now but it was a good hotel. Right on the beach and down the quiet end of PdB. Plus 5mins from the airport by taxi, as planes pretty much land on the hotel roof!

The food was good and I only used the pool bar from what I remember? But it opened early so great for a carry on after a club until it got too hot!
The only downside was our room which was on the ground level by the pools. It was really dark and had no natural light. Also pretty crampt for three people.

Yeah - We usually stay at the Algarb up the other end of the beach so thought we would try a wee change. Maybe next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back