Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite surprised the Gran Sol is not opening...number 1 on Tripadvisor for San An, always fully booked and very popular

this came out just today - apparently only 20-30% of hotels open this coming month.

as mentioned elsewhere, there will be properties opening in august only, but lots of places will stay shut this summer sadly

this came out just today - apparently only 20-30% of hotels open this coming month.

as mentioned elsewhere, there will be properties opening in august only, but lots of places will stay shut this summer sadly
The Playasol Group are opening all their hotels on the 3rd July apparently, not sure how they are going to organise the buffet for meals though...

For those of you already out there, or that have heard from people that are, do we know how the swimming pools in hotels are going to work?

Will they be open, is it on a per hotel basis, or simply remaining closed?

Thanks guys and stay healthy

For those of you already out there, or that have heard from people that are, do we know how the swimming pools in hotels are going to work?

Will they be open, is it on a per hotel basis, or simply remaining closed?

Thanks guys and stay healthy

the municipial swimming pools have opened again so I would think the ones in the hotels will too...but best to check with the hotel you stay in.

the municipial swimming pools have opened again so I would think the ones in the hotels will too...but best to check with the hotel you stay in.

Thanks - I'm staying in Cala Llonga this year so I guess there's always the sea.
I'm normally in either Cala Gracio or Santa Eulalia.

Santa Eulalia has the W Ibiza... Very swanky digs. B-)

W Ibiza (Marriott)

I wanted to stay there when I had a trip planned for this year but it wasn't going to be open when I needed to book. I went with Hard Rock Playa d'en Bossa instead, but of course cancelled even before quarantine. I wasn't prepared for the feelings I had about going to Ibiza. It would have been the finishing touch to a long history of partying; the cherry on top. But I was sick with guilt somehow... I couldn't manage. Between the flying and layovers, to the nervousness of fitting in and everything needing to be perfect, I just figured "No, I'll do without for now" at least until I'm a little more sorted out.

I still don't feel up to travelling, but I'm coming to love Ibiza like an older brother or sister.

Not sure if this has been posted - but another nice insight from DM

This hotel looks nice
Yeah it is, they have done a good job of transforming it. Reasonably priced as well. Location is a bit iffy, in the bay, but once you are actually inside the hotel it is good. This is where the Groove Odyssey week is normally held in May...

Yeah it is, they have done a good job of transforming it. Reasonably priced as well. Location is a bit iffy, in the bay, but once you are actually inside the hotel it is good. This is where the Groove Odyssey week is normally held in May...

It's right next to Kumharas which would work for us. Parking round there is easy too.

Just got to work out how we can ditch 2 kids now. Maybe they could stay in Playa Bella with Nan and Grandad?

Beachstar may be an option for those in san an if they have a dj dropping good House beats (if entrance is free as regular hotels).
The place is quiet big and may welcome 200-300 people
i've only been there for groove odyssey daytime party that was really good even with 150 people max

I'm having a complete rethink on where to stay in September due to so much being shut. Maybe hire a car and stay in Portinatx, has anyone stayed here before? https://www.laciguenya.com/index.php/en-gb/

Also how 'shut down' do we reckon Portinax will be in September? It is obviously quiet at the best of times...but will restaurants and bars be open?

Thinking that a nice chill-out beach holiday and a bit of exploring might be the way forward this year...with no partying to speak of.

I'm having a complete rethink on where to stay in September due to so much being shut. Maybe hire a car and stay in Portinatx, has anyone stayed here before? https://www.laciguenya.com/index.php/en-gb/

Also how 'shut down' do we reckon Portinax will be in September? It is obviously quiet at the best of times...but will restaurants and bars be open?

Thinking that a nice chill-out beach holiday and a bit of exploring might be the way forward this year...with no partying to speak of.

while I like portinatx, I think a lot will stay shut there too.

I don't know, personally, if I came on holiday here this year, I'd maybe stay in figueretas, ibiza, talamanca area or then santa eulalia area maybe?

while I like portinatx, I think a lot will stay shut there too.

I don't know, personally, if I came on holiday here this year, I'd maybe stay in figueretas, ibiza, talamanca area or then santa eulalia area maybe?
Thanks Stivi, my mind is changing daily! I guess Portinatx is a bit of a risk being so far away if nothing is open...

we have stayed in many places around San an but one spot that all around wins for us is Don Pepe just set back up from the coast, price is always very affordable its not an overly busy with only being a smaller spot. the pool raised a bit you get a nice bit of breeze. perfectly positioned between the main square and sun set corner its not the most swanky of joints but it ticks all the boxes for us

If I would have to go an hotel in Portinatx, it will be this one.
The owners are really nice and friendly, the staff is cool, they have a bar open until 4am,and a stunning view from the restaurant.
And the beach there is great.

If I would have to go an hotel in Portinatx, it will be this one.
The owners are really nice and friendly, the staff is cool, they have a bar open until 4am,and a stunning view from the restaurant.
And the beach there is great.

sounds like heaven

That said, I never saw a room, I just know the bar, the restaurant, and the owners (same family since the hotel was built i' the 50's or 60's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back