Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to make it clear I am totally against PDB ???.

The best man says he's an Ibiza veteran and won't budge on staying in San an.

Ryan's apartments in figs coming up about £250pp seems decent. How far is the walk to bossa? Much around it?

The best man won't budge thinks PDB will be better for the oldies that are going example dad and uncles. My reply was "bossa is just as much as a shit hole as San an" ?

Best man's hanging on for jet prices coming out but cant see that being less than 400pp.

We have flights booked £175 so adding another £400-500 to that for a stag is just daft

San An has far more for oldies! Stay either between the Bay and San An or in Cala Gracio and you've got something for everyone, walking distance to the West End for those wanting to get on it, walking distance to nice restauants and chill out bars for those wanting a few drinks and an earlier night.

San An has far more for oldies! Stay either between the Bay and San An or in Cala Gracio and you've got something for everyone, walking distance to the West End for those wanting to get on it, walking distance to nice restauants and chill out bars for those wanting a few drinks and an earlier night.
Defo mate even got a good price at ibiza rocks just need to persuade the best man. Think hes drawn to Bora Bora jet but obviously they have decline but prices haven't

Next on Thomas Cook's agenda: turn the old Casita Blanca apartments in San Antonio into the first Cook's Club on the island, for a young clientele that wants instagrammable hotels.

Next on Thomas Cook's agenda: turn the old Casita Blanca apartments in San Antonio into the first Cook's Club on the island, for a young clientele that wants instagrammable hotels.

Seems Thomas Cook have agreed for new Chinese investment, without that they were likely to go under this Winter.

As for this 'Casa Cook' concept, I read a review in a newspaper and while it doesnt seem for me...I can see a market for it. Seems its basically a more hipster, more middle class version of a half board/all inclusive hotel. You eat in the restuarant but the food is cooked to order and the restauarnt is open all day so no set mealtimes. And the rooms are more scandinavian in style and not full of brash colours and logos.

Always welcome investment in Ibiza, but its another one of those developments where you wonder who apart from Thomas Cook and a few jobs for locals wins overall. Most people will stay in their hotel and on the beautiful Cala Gracio beach, and that means less revenue for the bars ans restaurants in San An.

Nice walk with plenty distractions on way. Figueretas is a better base than bossa

If you have legs/can walk, they're pretty much the same place. Figueretas is much nicer, but it's a very short walk between Fig and PDB. I'm staying in PDB this year because I couldn't get a room with balcony in Fig/Ibiza Town without paying a lot more.

Only showing love as this was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Ibiza. As a young 17 year old on an 18-30’s it holds some great memories.

We've booked into Gran Sol for our Oct trip (12 to 16th).

Hostel La Torre have rooms for about 90 quid more now and I'm wondering whether or not to swap.

Should I change or is it just overpriced tat with a nice soundtrack?

Hostel La Torre have rooms for about 90 quid more now and I'm wondering whether or not to swap.

Not stayed at Hostal La Torre but Gran Sol has everything you need, clean and in a great location. Always my number 1 choice to stay, but the brilliant reviews have pushed the peak time prices up.

Not stayed at Hostal La Torre but Gran Sol has everything you need, clean and in a great location. Always my number 1 choice to stay, but the brilliant reviews have pushed the peak time prices up.
Its 4th time for me at GS tbh, was just thinking something different

Its 4th time for me at GS tbh, was just thinking something different
Scratch that, the rooms have gone.:rolleyes:

Seems Thomas Cook have agreed for new Chinese investment, without that they were likely to go under this Winter.

As for this 'Casa Cook' concept, I read a review in a newspaper and while it doesnt seem for me...I can see a market for it. Seems its basically a more hipster, more middle class version of a half board/all inclusive hotel. You eat in the restuarant but the food is cooked to order and the restauarnt is open all day so no set mealtimes. And the rooms are more scandinavian in style and not full of brash colours and logos.

Always welcome investment in Ibiza, but its another one of those developments where you wonder who apart from Thomas Cook and a few jobs for locals wins overall. Most people will stay in their hotel and on the beautiful Cala Gracio beach, and that means less revenue for the bars ans restaurants in San An.

genuine question - do many hipsters go to San An ?

genuine question - do many hipsters go to San An ?

A few PR's like to think they are a bit edgy and go in the for the beard and hipster 'look'

But it is more of a mixed crowd towards Cala Gracio, families, older couples, ravers who've grown up a bit and can't face staying in a fleapit etc...it's one of my favourite bits of the island. I hope extending the plans to extend the prominade don't wreck it.

Defo mate even got a good price at ibiza rocks just need to persuade the best man. Think hes drawn to Bora Bora jet but obviously they have decline but prices haven't

We stayed in the bay area last year (San Remo) and personally i think it's a good location for a mix of ages, nothing felt too far away and there were plenty of groups around that were of mixed ages and there was something to suit everyone. Planning a group trip for a 40th and we'll definitely stay around the bay.

We stayed in the bay area last year (San Remo) and personally i think it's a good location for a mix of ages, nothing felt too far away and there were plenty of groups around that were of mixed ages and there was something to suit everyone. Planning a group trip for a 40th and we'll definitely stay around the bay.
San Remo was decent if you just want a place to lay your head but my god don't ever have a box room absoloute sweatbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back