Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

I stayed at torre del mar 3 years ago. Really good hotel and great pool. Not far to get to PDB, easy walk to Ibiza town, and plenty options around Figueretas during the day. Was in HRH the year after, great hotel too, and the best breakfasts of anywhere I’ve stayed. No trouble with noise in either of these hotels.

I have this room for €600 for 14 nights https://imgur.com/a/5G60j
The answer to this is no they won’t stick to the price, in fact the manager even threw me out of the hotel (not physically) after i showed him proof of my booking, i had previously emailed them and they’d replied confirming my booking. I’d even spoke about adding my mate, however the manager told me that my room was a double room and couldn’t be booked unless two people were in it at that point(i would be joined a couple of days later), but also that if i had two people in my room it was against my booking of one person (which the hotel had confirmed by email i could have more).
I didn’t raise my voice at all and i stood well away from the desk so there’s no way he could accuse me of being aggressive at all. I’m currently sat with my bags on the street trying to contact mates here before I sort my room.. Friday at radio 1 missed..

Last edited:
The answer to this is no they won’t stick to the price, in fact the manager even threw me out of the hotel (not physically) after i showed him proof of my booking, i had previously emailed them and they’d replied confirming my booking. I’d even spoke about adding my mate, however the manager told me that my room was a double room and couldn’t be booked unless two people were in it at that point(i would be joined a couple of days later), but also that if i had two people in my room it was against my booking of one person (which the hotel had confirmed by email i could have more).
I didn’t raise my voice at all and i stood well away from the desk so there’s no way he could accuse me of being aggressive at all. I’m currently sat with my bags on the street trying to contact mates here before I sort my room.. Friday at radio 1 missed..
Something doesn't add up here....

Have noticed that prices are starting to slightly come down for the start of September. Seems to be more available at the £450-500 / week mark in the week that I am going now than there was when I booked a few weeks back

Have noticed that prices are starting to slightly come down for the start of September. Seems to be more available at the £450-500 / week mark in the week that I am going now than there was when I booked a few weeks back

While I do think Ibiza has become overpriced, to be fair bookings are down all over due to the heatwave in Europe, people are staying at home and enjoying the sunshine rather than flying elsewhere.

I've got a room booked but no flights for early September which was good deal. Flights seem quite expensive still though

While I do think Ibiza has become overpriced, to be fair bookings are down all over due to the heatwave in Europe, people are staying at home and enjoying the sunshine rather than flying elsewhere.

The heatwave is a contribution but the sudden popularity of Turkey,Tunisia,Morocco and Egypt has had a negative effect on Spain

The heatwave is a contribution but the sudden popularity of Turkey,Tunisia,Morocco and Egypt has had a negative effect on Spain

Yeah those places are 'back in business' after a few terrorism/refugee crisis hit years and that affects the family market a lot.

In 2016 when Turkey had problems was the busiest I have seen San Antonio for families as a lot got moved at last minute.

We stayed at The Beach Star in Cala De Bou when we came during June earlier this season and loved the hotel. Looking at coming back for closings from Tuesday 3rd - Sunday 7th October - but I am wondering will it be completely dead in the surrounding streets, bars and restaurants?

I've only ever stayed in Bossa for closings before and it feels a little like a ghost town during the day and I didn't particularly like the feeling of everything shutting down around you.

The other option is Ibiza Rocks, which is a lot more central in San Antonio and I'm assuming more will be happening in the vicinity....

has anyone stayed at mar amantis in the bay? had to change hotels at the last minute so we have decided to go their instead.

I'm looking for a hotel in Ibiza town or Figuretas for only one night. The previous three nights i'll be in san An bay at the Playmera Fiesta but fancy the last night wandering around dalt Villa e.t.c

Just asking if anybody knows a nice hotel that i've missed from the usual booking.com and expedia.

I can get a night in Ocean Dirve for £173 but i'll hardly be there!

Cheers :)

I'm looking for a hotel in Ibiza town or Figuretas for only one night. The previous three nights i'll be in san An bay at the Playmera Fiesta but fancy the last night wandering around dalt Villa e.t.c

Just asking if anybody knows a nice hotel that i've missed from the usual booking.com and expedia.

I can get a night in Ocean Dirve for £173 but i'll hardly be there!

Cheers :)

Urban Spaces is really nice. On the road between Figuretas & town. 5-10min walk to either.

Thinking about switching next week’s San An accommodation from a room at Hotel Pacific to the Central City Playasol apartments as it’s cheaper, bigger and there’s a little kitchen. Anyone know anything about them at all?

Stayed at Sol Bahia Suites this year, with my missus. Decent hotel and recently refurbed to a very high standard.

I like this area, I've stayed here before a few times.

Best part for me was the staff. A medium sized hotel and family run, they treat us as if we were family too. The owner is a top bloke and his good attitude emanates to his staff.

A few pics, everyone loves a photo :) Would definitely stay here again.

NFDE3857.JPG

JSED5915.JPG

JTLJ5766.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

NTWC3480.JPG

Also not too far away we had a look around the newly refurbished Wikiwoo hotel, formerly the Costa Mar hotel as already mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've stayed here a couple times before when it was an 18-30s hotel with my mates.

Apparently it was bought by the bloke that owns Ocean Beach Club two years ago, he had to wait until the end of last year until he could renovate the place. Looks like no expense has been spared and a real impressive effort has been made. Palm trees and all kinds. Noticed they had even dumped a few tons of sand onto the rocks out the front so people could sunbath on their towels lol.

We stopped in a couple of times for a few drinks and the bar area at the front had a real good atmosphere about it, nice chillout seating areas and a DJ playing. The staff were really hospitable, even though we weren't actually guests at the hotel. A bloke, that came across as the manager, was walking about when we visited. He seemed to be doing the rounds and asking how people were doing etc. Had a mix of guests from families, couples and groups.

Overall got a good impression of the place.

TAYR6979.JPG

Stayed at Sol Bahia Suites this year, with my missus. Decent hotel and recently refurbed to a very high standard.

I like this area, I've stayed here before a few times.

Best part for me was the staff. A medium sized hotel and family run, they treat us as if we were family too. The owner is a top bloke and his good attitude emanates to his staff.

A few pics, everyone loves a photo :) Would definitely stay here again.

View attachment 5654

View attachment 5655

View attachment 5656

View attachment 5657

View attachment 5658

Been there a number of times myself mate and totally agree. Bart and the family are great. Only good memories of there. One year when I wasnt even staying there, I got off the Garlands boat in a bit of a state and decided a drink in the Sol Bahia bar was the way to carry on this night. Anyway I ended up there with no flip flops, so after a few barefooted drinks there , Bart lent me his (far too big) flip flops which I ended up in for the rest of the night in Itaca! Funny days. Thanks for the pics.

Back