Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Is Sol House decent? Just been given a very good rate direct for it in September. I've stayed in the Bay before and walking round is a bit annoying but the quality of the hotel for the price is certainly appealing.

I stayed in the sol something or another in santa eulalia it was absolutley lush, however we both felt we were completely out of place :lol:

Stayed there myself couple years back - I remember one plug socket to a 3 man room. Can imagine that to be carnage for 3 girls but still frustrating for 3 guys
Breakfast is below average basically cold unless you get down for like 8am (No one really there to eat breakfast to justify the kitchen to replace/top up with fresh warm food). I stuck to cereal/juices
Pool area is reasonable with a DJ on certain afternoons
3 guys 1 socket :eek:

In other hotel news: The former Sol Bahia Apartments have no name on them at the moment, tables and chairs on the balconies, fancy colours at the pool end. Still work going on in the basement area, other than that looks like nearly ready to open.
Up the road a bit the Cubanito looks fantastic, however the bar menu is too much €€€€.

https://www.solbahiaibizasuites.com/en

Re-opened and now "suites". And with a luxury price tag to go with the pompous name. :(
That rules me out for a return visit

NEED YOUR GUYS HELP & OPINIONS!

I'm coming to Ibiza in August for 6 nights. It's me and my friend (female).
My concern is finding the right place to stay.

1) I plan on renting a car and exploring the island as much as I can everyday, specifically the beaches around the island.
2) I plan on going out the big night clubs each night (Amensia, DC10, Pacha, Hi, etc.)
3) I just want a clean, sound place to lay my head where I won't be woken up by noise.

- I saw Ibiza Jet apartments but the reviews are a big turn off.

Any suggestions or recomendations on areas to stay in and hotels to look into?

Do you have any areas or resorts you would like to stay in? Or anywhere you want to avoid?

You’re unlikely to get much rest in Jet, that’s for sure!

Do you have any areas or resorts you would like to stay in? Or anywhere you want to avoid?

You’re unlikely to get much rest in Jet, that’s for sure!

thanks for your help. Honestly, not really, PDB sounds cool even though I will be venturing around the island during the days. I just want to come back to a clean place with good service that I can sleep comfortably in without being woken up by much noise.

Best thing to do is look yourself for potential places that you like the look of, price etc.
Tell the forum, chances are someone has been there, or at least has some knowledge or an opinion.
Cutting it fine for August. Oh! Hire car, can you drive stick?

I had quite a nice stay at the Ebano Select Apartments last summer. It's down in PDB, a short walk to the beach and not too far a walk to Ushuaia and Hi. And it is nice to be somewhere that you don't always have to find a bus or cab when you're going out.

At least when I was there in early September, it was very chill and quiet, though a number of people were hanging out at the pool.

The rooms aren't fancy, but comfortable and the style is more updated than all those places that look like they haven't been remodeled since the 80's. If you book directly through their website, you can find a code to get breakfast (if you're ever up for breakfast), late checkout, and a pool-view room for no extra charge.

Best thing to do is look yourself for potential places that you like the look of, price etc.
Tell the forum, chances are someone has been there, or at least has some knowledge or an opinion.
Cutting it fine for August. Oh! Hire car, can you drive stick?

Thank you!

Choices;

1) Dorado Ibiza Suites
2) Hard Rock Hotel
3) Jet Apartments
4) Playa Sol Bossa Flow
5) The New Algarb
6) Mare Nostrum

1) I plan on renting a car and exploring the island as much as I can everyday, specifically the beaches around the island.
2) I plan on going out the big night clubs each night (Amensia, DC10, Pacha, Hi, etc.)
3) I just want a clean, sound place to lay my head where I won't be woken up by noise.

- I saw Ibiza Jet apartments but the reviews are a big turn off.

I stayed at Bora Bora last year in PDB during August.

Was no problem for us, a group of lads getting on it, but I can't imagine anyone getting a sound sleep in that area. Was constantly noisy with music, planes, people, cars and busses etc.

Great place for a rowdy holiday. Not too sure about getting a sound sleep though.

Thank you!

Choices;

1) Dorado Ibiza Suites
2) Hard Rock Hotel
3) Jet Apartments
4) Playa Sol Bossa Flow
5) The New Algarb
6) Mare Nostrum

Stayed in the New Algarb last year for 4 nights, and was pretty peaceful on the whole. Nice pool area, all inclusive option if you want it, and a very pleasant wander along the beach to Bora Bora, Ushuaia, Hi etc

Thank you!

Choices;

1) Dorado Ibiza Suites
2) Hard Rock Hotel
3) Jet Apartments
4) Playa Sol Bossa Flow
5) The New Algarb
6) Mare Nostrum

Would suggest you might add: Hotel torre del mar to your list ... our friends stayed here and we spent some time around the pool for a couple of days and very impressed with their room and the pool / public areas ... adult orientated but quiet and great location on edge of PDB / Figueretas...

Back