Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Wow thanks a lot mate, appreciate that Very helpful! Yeah taxi was included so though might aswell take it!

I'm also staying at this hotel when I come over, looked decent on the thomson website! Last few years I've stayed at Ushuaia, torre del Mar, club Bahamas - this year the price was massively hiked up for Bahamas, I'm assuming because they've made it adult only they have decided that warrants a higher rate?! I'm unlikely to spend many nights in Hi so am ok being the other end of PDB this year. Ian's review seems good, and will maybe venture over to formentera more than once with the boat being located nearby :):cool:

Currently at playa Bella in San Antonio Bay. Nice hotel just had refurbished rooms. Shops restaurants water taxi all near by. Water taxi to San Antonio a few mins walk or 45 mins walk to San Antonio itself we have a 2 year old so takes longer lol. The Bella pools are good. A small splash park for kids which is nice. 2 restaurant that we have used are well priced. And food is good. Service here is top notch. Our lad couldn't or wouldn't sleep on second night in his bed so I asked at reception if I could have a cot. They sorted one out in 30 minutes for us. Now hes fine plus we can dump him in there without worrying about him running around and falling.

We paid £800 for all 3 of us for 11 nights self catering with jet2holidays.com

So far I'll give this place a big thumbs up.

One other thing @woodruffe how busy do the sunbeds get? Do you have to get up early to get one or can you just get one whenever you wake up in the afternoon?
one good thing about this hotel its not a mad rush for beds.people get up late..like i say doors open 7am.just me there maybe one or two others.even at 8 am when i have breakfast loads of beds left.get a umbrella put something on it.it gets red hot.even the floor burns your feet.talking june 25 onwards i used to go.two hotels as well use the gym spa etc.tip barstaff trust me...it goes a long way.outside bar and inside.

Looking at Miami Apts (& Hotel) in Es Cana for next May (2 adults and a 4yo)
anyone have an opinion on that place?

Currently at playa Bella in San Antonio Bay. Nice hotel just had refurbished rooms. Shops restaurants water taxi all near by. Water taxi to San Antonio a few mins walk or 45 mins walk to San Antonio itself we have a 2 year old so takes longer lol. The Bella pools are good. A small splash park for kids which is nice. 2 restaurant that we have used are well priced. And food is good. Service here is top notch. Our lad couldn't or wouldn't sleep on second night in his bed so I asked at reception if I could have a cot. They sorted one out in 30 minutes for us. Now hes fine plus we can dump him in there without worrying about him running around and falling.

Staying at Playa Bella end of September. Reading this you seem happy with it?

Looking at Miami Apts (& Hotel) in Es Cana for next May (2 adults and a 4yo)
anyone have an opinion on that place?
I've not stayed at either but have visited the hotel, it's very full on with the kidz!
Much more space at the apartments.

Staying at Playa Bella end of September. Reading this you seem happy with it?

Yeah very much so. My wife is putting up a Tripadvisor review later today. My thoughts are pretty much the same now we are back. We would go back again.

The thing with us is, we can overlook the little things, such as the rooms have been updated, nice new kitchenette and bathroom but the curtains and bed covers are still that horrible yellow and blue patterned ones. You know, the ones you find 99% of spanish hotels. I hate it lol. But it never in any way shape or form made the stay any worse at all. People on TripAdvisor would down grade their review due to those things alone.

The main road at the top of the street is one way, in this case leading away from the resort but if you are wanting to catch a bus to San Antonio you need to walk up a street to the next one way road that leads towards it. Like I said in my post, there are plenty of shops and bars etc around. It's pretty busy around the area till 11pm-12pm then quietens down somewhat, guess the younger people go to San Antonio or other places to party. No trouble around this area from what I have seen or heard. Saw two prostitutes on first night, never seen any since. Not many people coming back from 6am-7am clubs either so the early mornings are quiet. Probably got woken once due to some girls arguing in corridor. Oh an the room keys are noisy as hell. The noise is ramped up due to echoing in the corridors lol.

Stayed here twice! Nice place

THB Ibiza Mar in San An Bay is now the 4-star THB Naeco Ibiza Class.

19143031_1514436655286343_7018623780341640128_o.png.jpg

Hola! First-timer from the US here and I'm stoked to be in Ibiza 9/22 - 10/3. I've reserved a seaside room at Hostal Talamanca but now thinking about adjusting that a bit, and maybe staying half the time in PDB or more in the center of Ibiza Town just for some variation...

Or should I just chill and stay in one place?? :cool:

I spend a fair bit of time at the cafeteria over the road from the Miami entrance and when a coach arrives the kids seem to swarm out and run around the coach getting in the way, I've seen them in the luggage hold! It's like they're stir crazy...

Hola! First-timer from the US here and I'm stoked to be in Ibiza 9/22 - 10/3. I've reserved a seaside room at Hostal Talamanca but now thinking about adjusting that a bit, and maybe staying half the time in PDB or more in the center of Ibiza Town just for some variation...

Or should I just chill and stay in one place?? :cool:
My thoughts on Talamanca.
I've not stayed at Hostal Talamanca myself but I have dropped buy a few times for drinks, I've always thought it had a nice chilled out vibe about it. The location right there on the beach is perfect. I have stayed nearby in Talamanca and I will be again in September, it's a nice beach with everything you need restaurants bars etc. Location wise it suits me fine. It's about 25 mins walking to Ibiza town, or a short bus/cab ride. Or my preference is to catch the little ferry boat into the marina in Ibiza Town, perfect for the bars in the harbour. Takes about 10 mins. I personally don't think it's worth moving to somewhere in town because you're close enough already. Also it's walking distance to Pacha and Heart.

Whether or not you want to split between Talamanca and PDB really depends on what you want from your holiday. If you will be visiting Hi or Ushuaia or Sankeys, it might be worth staying in PDB. Although it's easily reachable buy bus/cab from Ibiza town. Or the ferry boats go to PDB from Ibiza town too.
Really it's all down to your preference but If it was me I'd stick with Talamanca.

Thanks Tucker! I really don't plan on going to Hi or Ushuaia- both seem a little too Vegas for me, heh heh- but Sankeys for sure. Anyway I'm totes just gonna chill at Talamanca and go out from there. Oooh I'm excited now!!

Back