Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

hi has anyone stayed at the grand palladium in PDB? looking at going all inclusive has
anyone got any views on this good or bad? is the all inclusive food or drink good quality / value?

thanks

I stayed there last year, managed to get a good deal by booking a year in advance. It was amazing! You have a fridge in your room which the cleaners keep stocked with beers, water, soft drinks etc. Lovely touch.

Food is great, and the little Portofino restaurant is a lovely lunch spot. Easy access to the beach.

There's a 24hour snack bar which is heaving when you get back in the small hours.

Cocktails are pretty horrific though - very very sweet, pre mixed.

Wish I was staying again this year but we've opted for Club Bahamas next door, I'm a fan of the all-inc.

yes nice place
Cleaning staff honnest & hard worker
u got a beer for free to welcome u, the only time i went to the pool as some may know i never stay in a the hotel more than 4hours :D & no point to sunbathe here :rolleyes: when u got beaches close by
it lack some freezer as there is a fridge but with no freezer but cant ask much when u pay cheap price 80€/day split by 2

Has anyone stayed at The Ebano Select Apartments in PDB?
Yes. Rate it. Very chilled. Great pool area perfect for sun worshippers. On site restaurant decent enough for daytime snacks. Also an absolute bargain if you're looking for a room that sleeps 4

Concept Hotel Group
5 years, 5 hotels...
... and about unveil the location of their first hotel outside the island!

Próximamente se dará a conocer la ciudad donde se encontrará el primer hotel urbano de Concept Hotel Group fuera de la isla, todo un reto que destacará por las señas de identidad del grupo: creatividad, diferenciación y pasión.
Their first hotel outside the island will be in Mallorca!

https://periodicodeibiza.es/noticias/economico/2018/03/25/989173/hoteles-mucha-personalidad.html

hi has anyone stayed at the grand palladium in PDB? looking at going all inclusive has
anyone got any views on this good or bad? is the all inclusive food or drink good quality / value?

thanks
We stayed there last year.

Massive disappointment. Rooms tiny, hotel pool freezing you would think they could afford to heat it.

Cocktails were horrendously sweet rubbish

Choice of food very good however the quality is not the greatest and the snack bars just serve up leftover food from lunch or dinner.

They do keep the fridge in your room stocked which is nice touch and the spa in the hotel is wonderful. Yes you have to pay but it’s not expensive.

I wouldn’t return tho.

thanks

I love the Es Vive. It's one of those rare places that has both a history and a soul. I know it's small and it's expensive but there's a vibe to the place that's a little sanctuary from the madness . . . of course the Experience Bar is an oasis of hedonism in itself !!! ;)

The staff are just amazing . . . without them (and Jason at the helm) it's probably going to end up being just another good hotel.

We have a reservation for June so going to have to look around now.

That's another small piece of Ibiza lost forever. :(

I assumed all the staff were staying on?

I had some great times as Es Vive and agree the staff are all fantastic. However, sometimes the clientele could be a bit mixed.

The Six Senses hotel (previously rumoured to open in Cala Gracio) should be ready by 2020 and will be located near the Portinatx tower, what used to be Vista Bahia... Not only they're revamping the whole building but also making it bigger and getting very close to the sea!

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2017/04/26/cadena-six-senses-abrira-ibiza/911845.html

The destruction of paradise, as J.L. Ferrer says in his book, has reached the north too... o_O... o_O ... o_O...
"Does Ibiza get anything positive with the arrival of Six Senses? No"

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/opinion/2017/05/02/lujo-asiatico-xarraca-bay/912969.html
the major of san juan is super happy with the arrival of the new xarraca bay by six senses!

http://www.noudiari.es/2017/11/el-a...de-gran-lujo-levantara-el-nivel-de-portinatx/
http://www.noudiari.es/2018/02/el-gen-denunciara-obras-xarraca-bay-atentado-intolerable-eivissa/

grotesque!
The wild speculation continues advancing and reaches the quiet north...

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/opinion/2018/02/26/cemento-cala-xarraca/972273.html
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...tivo-prou-pide-paralizacion-total/973913.html

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/multimedia/videos/a-fondo/2018-03-25-140313-caso-cala-xarraca-fondo.html

The neighbors of Calo Des Moro fear the Wi-Ki-Woo will be a mini Ushuaïa....................

28378299_1905958376382133_2552509285375120823_n.jpg

Oh my.... :oops::eek:

Does anyone know how the Sa Clau refurb is coming along? Staying in early June but all the photos are just artist impressions atm so not sure what to expect.

Massive disappointment. Rooms tiny, hotel pool freezing you would think they could afford to heat it.

Choice of food very good however the quality is not the greatest and the snack bars just serve up leftover food from lunch or dinner.

They do keep the fridge in your room stocked which is nice touch and the spa in the hotel is wonderful. Yes you have to pay but it’s not expensive.

I wouldn’t return tho.
Which block did you stay in as there are 3 pools and two main complexes (it used to be 2 different hotels afaik). We stayed on the one at the middle and used the big square pool and found it reasonable temperature (but was 1st week July) and the rooms a "decent" size. I agree on everything else though. Decent little gym too if that's your thing. Tad expensive though.

Does anyone know how the Sa Clau refurb is coming along? Staying in early June but all the photos are just artist impressions atm so not sure what to expect.

I'm here for exact same question - arriving 21st May. Interested to know of the Chinese restaurant fate contained within the building. Booking option included BB and Half board so wonder where those who take the option eat...

I wouldn’t return tho.

i'll update in a few weeks
we've booked as its good for my wee one with the club, splash park and included ice creams!

i'll update in a few weeks
we've booked as its good for my wee one with the club, splash park and included ice creams!
Was only cornetto and maxibon that you got free everything else you had to pay for ice cream wise. That pissed off the wife no end...

Concept Hotel Group
5 years, 5 hotels...
... and about unveil the location of their first hotel outside the island!

Próximamente se dará a conocer la ciudad donde se encontrará el primer hotel urbano de Concept Hotel Group fuera de la isla, todo un reto que destacará por las señas de identidad del grupo: creatividad, diferenciación y pasión.
Their first hotel outside the island will be in Mallorca!

https://periodicodeibiza.es/noticias/economico/2018/03/25/989173/hoteles-mucha-personalidad.html
Santos Ibiza Suites, Tropicana Ibiza Suites and Dorado Ibiza Suites in Playa d'en Bossa
Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel in the Bay of San Antonio
Cubanito Ibiza Suites in Cala Gració near San Antonio

Santos Ibiza Suites, Tropicana Ibiza Suites and Dorado Ibiza Suites in Playa d'en Bossa
Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel in the Bay of San Antonio
Cubanito Ibiza Suites in Cala Gració near San Antonio
Stayed at Santos a couple of years ago and loved it. Was thinking of going back this year but have decided to go for a different option and stay in Santa Eulalia this year. Was thinking about booking Sol Beach House has anyone stayed there and what did they think? Planning this year to hire a car and actually see more of the island than just clubs and restaurants :)

Stayed at Santos a couple of years ago and loved it. Was thinking of going back this year but have decided to go for a different option and stay in Santa Eulalia this year. Was thinking about booking Sol Beach House has anyone stayed there and what did they think? Planning this year to hire a car and actually see more of the island than just clubs and restaurants :)
pal of mine stayed last year and loved it.

cinerama dorado is back for its third season but this time on fridays (instead of sundays) and at dorado (instead of santos)...

29790008_10156044894771211_2938399358707564544_n.jpg

... according to the their website, it will take place at the new paradiso in cala de bou too!

Back