Holidays in Portinatx

MTL2015

I read on this website Portinatx is a nice area for "even clubbers to chill". What does this mean? As for house music is there anything going on (day or night)??...or nothing at all happens here and i will have to drive closer to Eivissa to get some action?

How about nice open air beach clubs/bars in the area or "sunsets" like “Sa Trinxa”…is there anything like it in the area?

What else is there to do?

Also can anybody tell me what the drive is like from Portinatx to Eivissa (Ibiza town)...i know it is around 30 km but is it a good open road or a narrow, curvy, dangerous mountainous road? What would it be like driving at night from Eivissa (sober of course)? Without speeding, how long would it take?

Portinatx is a small holiday resort, with an older adult/pensioner age group also young familys. There are bars and restaurants that will have live music on but not much in the House music scene. Lots of nice beaches to discover and the hippies congregate at Benirras beach to play their drums while the sun goes down.

The road to Portinatx is windy but good tarmac as is with most roads anywhere in Ibiza. Allow 30mins to drive from Ibiza town.

Thanks for the info Cyberloon...

I actually chose Portinatx because it seems to be a nice family resort (ok maybe a bit too touristic) with a beautiful beach and the main idea of this trip is to spend most of the time with my kids (ages 7 and 4), my inlaws and wife chilling at the beach.

Although i was curious since the description of Portinatx on Ibiza Spotlight was that "clubbers love to chill out in Portinatx" but i think it is because there is a boat transfer that takes you to San António...but San António is not really our thing, besides it seems a bit too rowdy to take the kids...

Nevertheless Ibiza is always Ibiza...i was there last year with my wife and we absolutely loved it...we stayed at Cala Llonga but went out almost everynight...although we aren't regular clubbers back home we were definitely clubbers in Ibiza...it's hard not to be with so many good DJ's everywhere in Ibiza...we enjoyed the Eivissa/Marina area pretty much....for example "keepers bar"...i would be happy with a bar in Portinatx like it...cheap, with a good DJ and good environment...to have a drink before bed. i also saw on youtube there was some kind of electronic music festival on Portinatx beach last year but i figure that is a once a year thing (or maybe not even)!

Since we are taking kids i think Benirras is a must, but only sunday's right? Sounds great!! I would also like to go back, at least once or twice, to "la Trinxa" in Ses salines"...the kids will be ok here... maybe also stopping one day at Bora bora...i think they would get a kick out of that.

Is there anything else, closer to Portinatx, worthwhile??

Once more thank you for you answer!!

could always nip to port san miguel beach.again another relaxed resort,ok staying up north but buses are a nightmare.so taxi it is.or you see the caves at san miguel.or a morning out at sant vicent beach.mainly germans but nice little resort.thought you might have gone back to cala longa.as your not far from anywhere really.good bus service.

Discovered there is Vincent's bar...a place that seems reasonably fun to be at and where you can take children and even listen to a reasonable DJ set later on.

Go to el puerto,(end of the village,where the paradise beach hotel is located),at the chiringito on the beach,you will find some great music,lovely atmosphere and super cocktails...
And djs sessions from my friends David and Iain the Saturday afternoons....
P.S:I am not sure they will play this week,I will ask them...

Last edited:
Thanks jimmiz, i will certainly stop by to check it out. You say it is called "chiringuito" ?? Do they have a facebook page so i can follow their events? They have sunset sessions on saturdays, is that it? If you can find out about the rest of the week please let me know...i'll be there from the 14th to the 26 th of August.

Ok,,no Facebook,no name on the bar,just a local little bar on the beach with good music and great atmosphere...you will find it easily

Back