José Padilla

A couple of weeks ago I bought some records on Discogs from a Spanish seller which joined the selling platform in February.
I didn't notice before, but now I see the package came from José.
I guess he sold (some of) his records to pay the bills.
Sales have ceased by now.
Hope the island is good to him.

An update from the man himself today:

“ Hola amigos , here is an update on my situation : I am now out of hospital after the cancer operation and am starting on the long road to recovery . Thank you very very much for all your support and kind words , it is really helping me get through this difficult time .”
Love & music , José

So unbearably sad. Descansa en paz José

Hola amigos . It is with great sadness that we bring you the news that José passed away peacefully in his sleep on Sunday night here on his beloved island of Ibiza. His family and friends would like to say thank you to everybody who sent donations and messages of support to help make his last few months easier, and to all the staff of Can Misses Hospital for taking care of him until the end.
Now he has gone and the sunset in Ibiza will never be the same without him , but the beautiful music of Jose Padilla will stay with us forever. Adiós maestro ... x

Hola Amigos...con infinita tristeza os comunicamos la noticia que José Padilla falleció en paz mientras dormía este Domingo en su querida isla de Ibiza. Su familia y amigos queremos dar las gracias a todo el mundo que apoyó con mensajes y donaciones para ayudar a hacer un poco más fáciles sus últimos meses, y a todo el stuff en el hospital Can Misses cuidando de él hasta el final.
Ahora que se ha ido el sunset en Ibiza no volverá a ser igual sin el, pero la maravillosa música de José Padilla estará con nosotros para siempre. Adiós Maestro...

What sad news. I feel in love with Balaeric chillout because of him, and became a religious collector of the CDM comps. I was happy to see him play for the first time on the rooftop of Sol House Ibiza in 2016. I remember feeling so excited to see the Cafe Del Mar maestro himself. He stopped to sign my cd booklets and for a pic. He was genuinely happy.

I donated to his cause, and thought everything was okay since they said he was released from the hospital, but maybe not or he just passed away from old age? Either way, this sucks, as if 2020 and Ibiza couldn't get worse.

Edit: I just saw he passed away from cancer :(

IMG_20160719_224743 (2).jpg

Back