Having other guest in room

Rose804

I am staying at THB Los Molinos. I might have a second person staying with me,however I only booked for 1 person for 1 bed for a double standard room. Will they allow my guest to stay with me or do they not care? I am trying to tell them before my trip . If they don't reply,then I will tell them when I check in. I would like to know if they will allow it since it is a double standard room which is meant for 2 people.

Edit: since I booked through travelocity,they contacted the hotel and they said it would be 105euros per night><

Last edited:
Pay
I am staying at THB Los Molinos. I might have a second person staying with me,however I only booked for 1 person for 1 bed. Will they allow my guest to stay with me or do they not care?
Pay for one staying two:rolleyes:

I am staying at THB Los Molinos. I might have a second person staying with me,however I only booked for 1 person for 1 bed. Will they allow my guest to stay with me or do they not care?
In the United States, where I have done the majority of my hotel-ing, it is important to the hotel to mention any guests. But I have had hotel parties where there were multiple guests without such notification (this was in the late 1990's though). It's probably best to err on the side of caution. At least ask them what they want you to do. Then you can decide whether or not to do it.

Also, I would say if they won't be staying long (only a couple of hours) it's not necessary to mention it, but if it's overnight that's in the realm of their business. If I were the proprietor I would totally appreciate your mentioning... ;)

EDIT: All that said, I've never stayed on Ibiza before. It could be a totally different animal!

I wouldnt risk it, even having friends back or inviting a guy up to your room they can say no. Depends on the hotel too.
I went to my friends room and had to leave my passport at reception and could only stay for a few hours

I wouldnt risk it, even having friends back or inviting a guy up to your room they can say no. Depends on the hotel too.
I went to my friends room and had to leave my passport at reception and could only stay for a few hours
How do they know that a guest is bringing visitors to their room? Do they have security ask every person to show their room card?

usually you get a cheaper rate for booking 1 person in a room rather than 2 so yes the would want to know so they can charge you the correct rate. i'm sure at checking they would just ask you to pay a bit more then.

@soulcompromise, i've never seen a hotel in the US care if you have 1 or 2 people... only when it gets above 2 do they sometimes care, again so they can charge you an extra person surcharge.

no doubt that some hotels you could get away with doing that and they would never know. i've stayed at multiple hotels in Ibiza and never once had a question about people going to my room with me. i'm sure some places are strict however.

How do they know that a guest is bringing visitors to their room? Do they have security ask every person to show their room card?

Most hotels will have security or night receptionist through the night and they will check guests when they are coming in you may also find that because you have only paid for one person there are only provisions for one person. Towels for example. Cleaners would also be aware I guess of how many people are supposed to be in a room especially in somewhere like los Molinos where I imagine there is a difference in price between one person staying and two people staying in a room.

Was in Ibiza for 10 days last summer. One of my mates came over for a couple of days to visit us.

I told the hotel about it and they were fine, he just had to pay for the nights he stayed in our room. Wasn’t a lot.

The hotel staff were fine about it and laid on extra towels and changed the room around and put bedding out for him etc.

I don’t think they’d have been too happy if we didn’t tell them.

They took a copy of his passport at reception.

Which was just as well, because he got totally off his melon at DC10 on the first night out and ended up going back to the hotel before us ?

The security guard was laughing at him calling him a lightweight ??

Was in Ibiza for 10 days last summer. One of my mates came over for a couple of days to visit us.

I told the hotel about it and they were fine, he just had to pay for the nights he stayed in our room. Wasn’t a lot.

The hotel staff were fine about it and laid on extra towels and changed the room around and put bedding out for him etc.

I don’t think they’d have been too happy if we didn’t tell them.

They took a copy of his passport at reception.

Which was just as well, because he got totally off his melon at DC10 on the first night out and ended up going back to the hotel before us ?

The security guard was laughing at him calling him a lightweight ??
Did you stay at THB?

Back