Have i messed up with Es Paradis.

Marty_4

Hello all.

First time poster and on the 20th will be first timer in Ibiza. At 35 as well eeeshhh.

I’m sorry for the lengthy first post. I’ve done a few searches…

I’ve always been well into the music scene and until about 3 years ago was at all of the Uk festivals… Creamfileds, global gathering etc.

Numerous Gatecrasher venues around the country

Anyway, my Girlfriend and I fly out to Ibiza Rocks hotel for a daft 5 days and on the 21st I’m proposing to her in a lovely way. I’ve rented a balcony for private dining at Villa Mercedes with all the trimmings to propose before a boat to watch the sunset then it’s Savannah Pontoon to drop us off at mambo’s

Don’t sound much but there’s more bits to it.

Anyway as it will be a long day I don’t want to do a super club over in Bossa this night, so we’ll be staying in San Antonio. (I booked up San Antonio as with not been to Ibiza before I think Ibiza and think San Antonio). What I’ve went and done is Booked “VIP”(I hate the saying but that’s what it’s called) as Es paradis and paid up the 300 Euro. They’ve said they’d let me have the full la Luna to ourselves (due to the price this should have flashed up as a warning). I only wanted “VIP” so we had somewhere to get ONIT and at times have a comfortable place to chill at times and talk about future plans etc.

Anyway the only reviews I read that sold it to me were how beautiful a club it is and it’s such a famous club. On further reading I’ve came to believe it’s going to be full of pissed up football thugs and beer boys throwing drinks around and shitting in the water party.

Is this the right view to have? It’s the night I will have proposed and don’t want to be around idiots fighting and been Chavs. I cn get that at 100 places a mile from where I live.

Basically should I turn up on the night or leave it to bad choosing?

Thanks all

Marty D

Last edited:
I dont think it will be as extreme as that but i doubt it's the vibe you're going for. But I've never set foot in the place so hard to tell. No way of recouping that 300? I'd say it was a mistake tbh.

Why not turn up and if its shit get a taxi to Pikes or Underground?

What night have you booked for and what are you getting for your money? If you're drinks are on top of the 300 you may want to consider cutting your losses and going elsewhere.

Depends on the event/night as to what the crowd will be like. The only times I've been to es paradis it's either been a good crowd or no crowd at all (as in less than 50 people in the whole club).

It's the water party on Friday the 21st.

The 300 euro is to spend and they're let us have the full La Luna all to our selves which is a bit much but "I can bring people up"

I was just after somewhere to chill now and again and be able to chat with Rebecca. We'll have just got engaged a few hours before so i imagine talking about weddings etc lol.

I must sound like a right dick head.

Cheers people

Marty

It's the water party on Friday the 21st.

The 300 euro is to spend and they're let us have the full La Luna all to our selves which is a bit much but "I can bring people up"

I was just after somewhere to chill now and again and be able to chat with Rebecca. We'll have just got engaged a few hours before so i imagine talking about weddings etc lol.

I must sound like a right dick head.

Cheers people

Marty

Naive yes, dickhead, no.

Ps. Welcome to the forum and good luck with it all.

Hello all.

First time poster and on the 20th will be first timer in Ibiza. At 35 as well eeeshhh.

I’m sorry for the lengthy first post. I’ve done a few searches…

I’ve always been well into the music scene and until about 3 years ago was at all of the Uk festivals… Creamfileds, global gathering etc.

Numerous Gatecrasher venues around the country

Anyway, my Girlfriend and I fly out to Ibiza Rocks hotel for a daft 5 days and on the 21st I’m proposing to her in a lovely way. I’ve rented a balcony for private dining at Villa Mercedes with all the trimmings to propose before a boat to watch the sunset then it’s Savannah Pontoon to drop us off at mambo’s

Don’t sound much but there’s more bits to it.

Anyway as it will be a long day I don’t want to do a super club over in Bossa this night, so we’ll be staying in San Antonio. (I booked up San Antonio as with not been to Ibiza before I think Ibiza and think San Antonio). What I’ve went and done is Booked “VIP”(I hate the saying but that’s what it’s called) as Es paradis and paid up the 300 Euro. They’ve said they’d let me have the full la Luna to ourselves (due to the price this should have flashed up as a warning). I only wanted “VIP” so we had somewhere to get ONIT and at times have a comfortable place to chill at times and talk about future plans etc.

Anyway the only reviews I read that sold it to me were how beautiful a club it is and it’s such a famous club. On further reading I’ve came to believe it’s going to be full of pissed up football thugs and beer boys throwing drinks around and shitting in the water party.

Is this the right view to have? It’s the night I will have proposed and don’t want to be around idiots fighting and been Chavs. I cn get that at 100 places a mile from where I live.

Basically should I turn up on the night or leave it to bad choosing?

Thanks all

Marty D

* Mambo

Not sure many nights are that busy at Es Paradis anymore unfortunately.

What is the actual day of the week?

Your Mrs will be impressed with Villa Mercedes.

Sa Capella just up the hill from San Antonio is also a nice place to impress your better half and as much as you can drink Hierbas always ensures a good night. http://canplanells.co.uk/places/sa-capella/

if u want to impress your lady, it was a better option to have dinner (150/200€ by people) at Lio such as vintage on friday with a show (9pm midnight)then u got the party then u got the party for free
Es paradise may worth is there is a nice event (as far as im concerned i never go to this club except , one time decade , for free ,we went 10mn & get out as it was empty :lol: and ibz opening 17 for Odyssey group event that worth but it was one shot event not a weekly one) , as if it s empty , this will be the creepiest day in ibz :D

i didnt like the food at villa Mercedes, a place a i wont go back for sure...

I'd say try get your 300euro back, but if you can't then just go with it and hope for the best, you can always leave and go elsewhere.
Good luck with the proposal and have a good time

If the place is full of dickheads just spend more time in the VIP bit? Found the place quite nice aesthetically, don't think it'll be as bad as night as some are saying but it may not be the vibe you're after. But then, would any of the big clubs be?

I agree with most of the feedback above. You might want to head to Km5 that night, it sounds more what you're looking for. There's an outdoor area to relax and a small indoor dancefloor. Good vibes, nice place, older crowd. Should be decent music that night too.

I definitely would have spent the 300 on something over in Ibiza town if you wanted to be romantic. Maybe have dinner in the Pacha restaurant which gives you free entrance to the club, then if you upgraded to VIP table you'd have the best of both worlds. Having said that, if this is your first trip to Ibiza, Mercedes, sunset at Mambos, Es Paradis....you'll still have a good time. Es Paradis is a good looking club and if it is even half full you'll feel like you made the right choice (if you're fixed on staying in San An).

I think what you have planned sounds great. Being upstairs in Es Paradis looking down on a water party will be great fun and memorable. Hope it all goes well

Personally es paradis is the most pretty club in the island but water party will be full of kids.

If I was gonna go anywhere as a first time then Pacha is class.

The water doesn't come on until around 5 - 6am. Will you still be in the club then? You may want to head home for an early night to celebrate your engagement ;-)

I love Es Paradis, but unfortunately it doesn't tend to have the parties on that draw big crowds anymore.

Went to the 25th Anniversary of Drum and Bass the other week, headlined by Fabio and Grooverider and it was empty, im talking 20 people max, music was great and we had a good time, but i would have been gutted if i had paid VIP for it!

Id imagine the water parties would be busier though. Not sure what music they will be playing on water party nights now either? Used to be a nice mix of house and trance, but wouldnt surprise me if they are going down EDM route now... but happy to be corrected.

The water doesn't come on until around 5 - 6am. Will you still be in the club then? You may want to head home for an early night to celebrate your engagement ;-)

I love Es Paradis, but unfortunately it doesn't tend to have the parties on that draw big crowds anymore.

Went to the 25th Anniversary of Drum and Bass the other week, headlined by Fabio and Grooverider and it was empty, im talking 20 people max, music was great and we had a good time, but i would have been gutted if i had paid VIP for it!

Id imagine the water parties would be busier though. Not sure what music they will be playing on water party nights now either? Used to be a nice mix of house and trance, but wouldnt surprise me if they are going down EDM route now... but happy to be corrected.

20 people with Fabio and Grooverider headlining? What a shame.

Hi Freeeky. Was there genuinely only 20 people there? Really fancy going to the one at the end of August but can't find a single review from anyone that's been there, or on the Fab and Groove or Es Paradis FB page. Guessing there's nothing to shout about.

I was there last Monday for Brandon Block, Jason Bye & CDaC.
I was expecting it to be dead but it was actually ok. Must've been a few hundred people in which made for a half decent atmosphere.
It was a really enjoyable night with quality music.

Back