Has anyone got any advice for a dancer?

shebba

Hi Guys

I am dancer and hoping to go out to Ibiza this year, around the end of April. I have worked abroad before but that was in Create, 1998.
I will also be looking out for bar work but I would really like to dance if I can find the work. Does anyone have any general advice on getting dancing work out there?

Many Thanks :)

general adivce is same worldwide i suppose. go and promote yourself to as many places as you possibly can, find out who the head dancer is or who organises entertainment.

having a professional resume/portfolio may help, but in general dancing in ibiza is about who you know and not how good a dancer you are.

in the past i know that eden has trialed dancers at the start of the season at the less busy nights with the carrot of getting a full time job.

best places to dance are amnesia and pacha (also the most difficult to get into it)

Thanks

Thanks alot for the advice. It sounds like I need to do a lot of work before I go as I do not know any one out there. I supose a good place to start would be to find website for the clubs to get in contact.

If anyone has any contact e-mails for clubs I would really appriciate it if you let me know.

Thanks Again

Hi shebba!

I've read you are a dancer looking for job on the island. How do you get on with search????? I think I'm in the same situation as U-trying to move to Ibaza for the summer season. Drop me a mail if you wanna chat chrissy_ibiza@hotmail.com
(I am also right at the beginning but still have some idea... there are helova questions like accomodation... to think about)

Amnesia always advertises its 'go-go' auditions on its website near to the start of the season. Phil has already given you their web address above.

Good luck ;)

I am dancer in a similar situation to you aswell. looking to go out end of april begin of may 06, danced for clubs lin uk (drum n bass, hiphop n sum house music).
I have heard the same advice from sum of my dancer friends who have done seasons in ibiza b4,so its just a case of getting yourself seen
Do you have accomodation sorted out? cos im looking for shared accomodation in south side of island
hola bac
adamforster666@hotmail.com

Hi guys.
I haven't got accomodation sorted as yet. Not sure where to start. But would definatly be sharing so am open to offers.
I will be going out with my girlfriend who is a DJ ( hard house, tance and techno ). I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 29. We're thinking of going out there about the end of April- beginning of May.

dancing

shebba said:
Hi Guys

I am dancer and hoping to go out to Ibiza this year, around the end of April. I have worked abroad before but that was in Create, 1998.
I will also be looking out for bar work but I would really like to dance if I can find the work. Does anyone have any general advice on getting dancing work out there?

Many Thanks :)
im also a dancer looking to dance in ibiza, e-mail me on serena.mcgowan@morganstanley.com

Back