going ibiza on your own

ibz99

has anyone on here been to ibiza on their own? i know times aren't great with coronavirus, but im thinking of going on my own if we manage to get away this summer!. just wanna if you think it would be strange going on your own?

Go for it! With mates you have company, but are tied down to what everyone wants to do. Solo gives you the chance to just go with the flow. I go solo quite a lot, the only worry is if something goes wrong like an illness or lost or stolen passport or money, so more thought has to be given to plan b or c!
Q; would you either go to Ibiza solo, of not go at all? No brainer....

i've travelled alone before and spent a couple of days on my own before hooking up with people I knew. but actually doing the whole thing without knowing anyone? fck that! just don't fancy sitting in restaurants alone or people thinking I´m a dealer/sex offender/police informant/leech - which is probably all paranoia of course... hooking up with people online can be fun (tried n tested over many years) met some good friends (along with some proper weirdos & social calamities..) - that was a more innocent era (no whatsapp groups then with people expecting favours..)

Happy Birthday Craig rsz_1588789754546679325701487612309.jpgCan't invite u 4 a beer but this. Maybe see you at Jimmiz chirinquito
You're not on the spotlighters birthday list?

Last edited:
Do it! I did 4 days alone this time last year and stayed in the North and drove around all the little bays and quieter stuff I hadent seen before. I liked being able to go where I wanted, when I wanted and the quieter roads and beaches in May suited that too.

Got chatting to people here and there, watched the now famous Liverpool comeback against Barcelona and the whole bar was chatting away to each other.

Only time I felt awkward was eating meals in the hotel because despite my best efforts to make my table look occupied, people would take a seat at my table while I was at the buffet, but only a minor annoyance on what was a great trip.

i've travelled alone before and spent a couple of days on my own before hooking up with people I knew. but actually doing the whole thing without knowing anyone? fck that! just don't fancy sitting in restaurants alone or people thinking I´m a dealer/sex offender/police informant/leech - which is probably all paranoia of course... hooking up with people online can be fun (tried n tested over many years) met some good friends (along with some proper weirdos & social calamities..) - that was a more innocent era (no whatsapp groups then with people expecting favours..)

I'd never considered anyone might look negatively at someone sat alone in bar?

Do it, its great. Nervous at first but was sound when I got there, gave me confidence to go away on me own even more. I went Australia a year later on me jack one the best holidays i've ever had. More people come to you if you are on your own to find out your story

It makes you grow up and develop new skills, also you don't get the hassle off other people doing things you dont want to do.

Last edited:
I’ve done it twice on my own both times for a week. I loved it not having to answer to anyone. Being able to do what I wanted whenever I wanted. I never felt out of place. Always found someone to talk to if I wanted to.

More people come to you if you are on your own to find out your story
This.. a single friend I know goes away every Xmas on his own He said all day you will have guys at the pool/bar popping over with a beer for a chat thinking ah poor Trevor there on his own,I'll pop over.lol most trying to get a break from their wives and kids too.

Last edited:
I took a solo trip to Honolulu, Hawaii. If I had to rate the trip, I'd say it was good. I ordered lots of drinks in my room and plenty of food. But if I had it to do over, I probably would have ventured out to a club (I didn't go dancing once during the 5 days or however long I was there...) and today I would probably go to the zoo in Honolulu, gone to more local restaurants instead of getting room service, and in general been more active i.e. going to their gym or the one in the hotel, taken an outing, those sorts of things.

Do it, its great. Nervous at first but was sound when I got there, gave me confidence to go away on me own even more. I went Australia a year later on me jack one the best holidays i've ever had. More people come to you if you are on your own to find out your story

It makes you grow up and develop new skills, also you don't get the hassle off other people doing things you dont want to do.
Very nerve-wracking at first for sure

Then after you feel great as its a nice accomplishment

Also many People don't come up to me though to find out my story..maybe because I :) have a resting bitch face haha..if they do they are shocked I am alone and can't believe it..most people think its great I am alone and very brave

Sometimes depending on my mood I tell a white lie and say my mate has gone home or I have lost them ;)

When dancing on the dance floor who knows if u are alone....if you are with your mates how often do your talk to them on the dance floor anyway?

God...I will miss ibiza this year?

Very nerve-wracking at first for sure

Then after you feel great as its a nice accomplishment

Also many People don't come up to me though to find out my story..maybe because I :) have a resting bitch face haha..if they do they are shocked I am alone and can't believe it..most people think its great I am alone and very brave

Sometimes depending on my mood I tell a white lie and say my mate has gone home or I have lost them ;)

When dancing on the dance floor who knows if u are alone....if you are with your mates how often do your talk to them on the dance floor anyway?

God...I will miss ibiza this year?
Haha I speak to anyone so you would of clocked me.

Came for the closings in 2017, got on well with a Scottish lad who was also on his own that the couple next to our table in the hotel thought we knew each other years! Got him on the socials and kept in touch.

Be warned. Going solo can be that good, that next time you get offered to go away with friends etc you'd find yourself rejecting them as its much better on your own. I'm like that with my misses and mates sometimes (sssh)

Back