Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

It’s a Day 2 PCR rather than one for entry I believe, so just back to how it was a couple of months back.

Don’t know if that Expert Medicals lot are still the cheapest, 20 of the finest British sterlings: https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

Edit: Looks like you’re also expected to self isolate until you’ve had the result back too, that’s new. Good luck with getting people to do that….

It's also pretty impractical because you mix with quite a few people on the way home from the airport. People from other flights on the car park bus and in the baggage hall, with a taxi driver or on the train or bus if that's how you get home. It's not like you go in a bubble when you come off the Plane steps.

Honestly dont know what the answer is though, Governments across the world have.done different things at different times but all seem to have been hit at different times.

Despite my kerfuffle trying to upload my LFT result, I got the result certificate back from expert-medicals within a few hours. That won't apply (the upload) to the PCR as it's done by post.

Yes, I agree it's a bit of a daft situation, mixing all the pax up in the airport and way home....is it possible to catch covid that way, take the test immediately you get home but it's too soon for the test to pick up the infection so you're negative?

To me it's either no (or very restricted) travel...or just forget the testing. Can't see what good these tests do as there are so many variables eg, catching covid in the terminal.

Xmas family holiday to Mexico now an issue. We are due back the day before the kids go back to school. This now means they won't be able to go back until we get a result back. Given we land on Wednesday 6th and they are back in on Thursday 7th, I guess I'll have to book the likely quickest returned results even if it costs a few quid more......

Xmas family holiday to Mexico now an issue. We are due back the day before the kids go back to school. This now means they won't be able to go back until we get a result back. Given we land on Wednesday 6th and they are back in on Thursday 7th, I guess I'll have to book the likely quickest returned results even if it costs a few quid more......
Can you test at the airport on arrival?

So, while the forum took a break the news broke that as from tomorrow (Tues) anyone returning to the UK will need a PCR test over there, so we've gone back another stage. What's more, it's 48hrs before departure, not 72, so knocking short breaks on the head.

So, while the forum took a break the news broke that as from tomorrow (Tues) anyone returning to the UK will need a PCR test over there, so we've gone back another stage. What's more, it's 48hrs before departure, not 72, so knocking short breaks on the head.

The pre-flight test can also be a Lateral Flow test - just not an NHS one as usual.

The pre-flight test can also be a Lateral Flow test - just not an NHS one as usual.
Yup, some of which don't even need the faf of doing on camera for a UK lab. We're still going away, but it's another £80 for 4 pointless tests, given there will be no evidence of who took them

Agree it's a farce, and quite clear the new variant is widespread in many countries, the Genie has been out of the lamp for weeks.
Word so far is it doesn't cause anything other than mild illness, although has it yet to reach the vulnerable? Hopefully the vaccines will see it off; and we can stop shutting everything down every time they see a new strain.

If every new strain is less potent, then isn't that good? Eventually peters out to be just a cold/mild flu?? Fingers crossed that's the case and we can have a summer without restrictions on travel - the travel industry and travellers are due some respite.

But I ain't booking anything yet; next year will be like this, book a week/fortnight before travel. Prob means Formentera is out other than day trips from Ibiza....last season the hotels I wanted were shut and I expect the same this.

Word so far is it doesn't cause anything other than mild illness, although has it yet to reach the vulnerable? Hopefully the vaccines will see it off; and we can stop shutting everything down every time they see a new strain.

If every new strain is less potent, then isn't that good? Eventually peters out to be just a cold/mild flu?? Fingers crossed that's the case and we can have a summer without restrictions on travel - the travel industry and travellers are due some respite.

But I ain't booking anything yet; next year will be like this, book a week/fortnight before travel. Prob means Formentera is out other than day trips from Ibiza....last season the hotels I wanted were shut and I expect the same this.

Thats possible : It changes to a less dangerous but more infectous variant. Hope it will be like this. We will see in a couple of weeks.
That would be a new game.

Thats possible : It changes to a less dangerous but more infectous variant. Hope it will be like this. We will see in a couple of weeks.
That would be a new game.
I know maybe not right place for it, but a few friends after presenting with severe lower back pain. Docs thinking its kidney infection/uti but test neg but blood in urine and high ketones.

Then think kidney stones, but ct scan neg for those too, but shows inflammation in small gut.

They then diagnose sudden onset crohns/diverticulitis.

Even though a small sample size, of 4 people i know, have all ended up with this. (Young and old alike, no previous)

However there is now suspicion its covid in gut triggering this reaction and so investigating that. (Ace2 receptor in small gut). Pcr nose swabs neg and trying to sort test for stool samples etc.

Anyhow a digression, but if anyone you know presents like this, might be worth mentioning and save weeks of agony and invasive tests or at least rule it out at start.🙌

I know maybe not right place for it, but a few friends after presenting with severe lower back pain. Docs thinking its kidney infection/uti but test neg but blood in urine and high ketones.

Then think kidney stones, but ct scan neg for those too, but shows inflammation in small gut.

Even though a small sample size, of 4 people i know, have all ended up with this. (Young and old alike, no previous)

However there is now suspicion its covid in gut triggering this reaction and so investigating that. (Ace2 receptor in small gut). Pcr nose swabs neg and trying to sort test for stool samples etc.

Anyhow a digression, but if anyone you know presents like this, might be worth mentioning and save weeks of agony and invasive tests or at least rule it out at start.🙌
Again not the place but every little info helps I suppose...mate (60'a) had covid bad, recovered but either because of/inspite of his bladder and postrate were badly affected, so much so that his urine backed up into the kidneys (??) and almost killed him.

Think the moral is, if you feel anything different get it checked out. I know GP's are difficult to get hold of, but persist. I have annual checks for my postrate - cancer is a killer in men.

Back on topic - heard there will be a review of the current testing situation within 3 weeks of the announcement, I make that the Xmas holiday weekend. That's not good for travellers, and is frankly tacking the mick. Why not two weeks - if this varient isn't as potent (albeit poss more transmissable) then for goodness sakes, does it matter if someone has it or not? All the vulnerable should be fully innoculated with their third jab?

My daughter is flying into IBZ this morning from LCY, a bit of dog sitting for pals in Es Cana. Looking to go to Es Birra closing at weekend.
Myself; was going to Fuerteventura this afternoon, chickened out, feared positive test result with quarantine over xmas period. No/Cold Turkey

I’ve had these very symptoms, mainly stomach cramps and the worst pain in the lower back I’ve ever suffered and have today tested positive.

Has well and truly whacked me out, not pleasant at all.

anyone know what the fallout has been from Spains point of view with requirement of 12-15 year olds to be double jabbed to enter from the UK. Is this meant to be a temporary measure in the wake the new variant.

UK only allowing 1 jab for 12 year olds and no proof of vaccination for under 18s. So basically teenagers from UK banned.

Top it all of if things do change and they can be double jabbed my niece doesn’t turn 12 until April. My Wedding in Ibiza is end of May so she wouldn’t even be able to get double jabbed in time. My sisters having kittens now.

After delaying it a year and things were looking better thought it was plane sailing. Now back to one thing after another again. Honestly was easier to get to Ibiza in 2020 than this year. And now somehow next year is going to be even harder again. Couldn’t make this up

Anyone ordered the Chromonics LFTs for return to UK? The website only asked for a date for travel for all passengers but the order email has come through with the passenger locator form numbers blank....

Back