Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

UK Government confirmed they are working on adding 3rd jab status to the NHS app.

But yes it does seem a bit hasty...as you say UK only just getting going on top-up jabs and other countries are even further behind and still on 1st and 2nd jabs. If Spain made that move they'd be effectively shutting their borders for a while, airlines won't fly if they can't sell many seats.

Debatable what impact requiring a 3rd jab would have anyway, 2 jabs significantly reduces a Tourists risk of going to Hospital so that has made sense, but even when 2 jabs wear off there's still some protection. Seems a bit overkill to me,
Think it's a case of better safe than sorry, if protection does wane then as you allude to, if the third jab keeps tourists out of hospital then that's a good thing. They will have enough cases of their own than to be taking in tourists!

As we are all tourists on here - save for those lucky enough to live on Ibiza - all I would ask for is consistency throughout Europe and to be given plenty of notice for changes.

New infections seem to be on the rise everywhere regardless of the vax :( but I'm not too concerned about any rule changes for my trip to the Costa del Sol next week. Famous last words.....

Think it's a case of better safe than sorry, if protection does wane then as you allude to, if the third jab keeps tourists out of hospital then that's a good thing. They will have enough cases of their own than to be taking in tourists!

As we are all tourists on here - save for those lucky enough to live on Ibiza - all I would ask for is consistency throughout Europe and to be given plenty of notice for changes.

New infections seem to be on the rise everywhere regardless of the vax :( but I'm not too concerned about any rule changes for my trip to the Costa del Sol next week. Famous last words.....

I think the 3rd jab will be a much tougher sell to healthy, younger age people across Europe though. It was billed as get 2 jabs and we'll get out of this mess, and the reduction in spread doesn't seem to have materialised (a lot of people are badly misinformed that the vacinne would prevent the spread altogether though) if its get a jab every 6 months just to leave your own country for evermore then people will protest.

You should be fine for your trip next week, its grim and dark here in Yorkshire today so I am jealous :)

I think the 3rd jab will be a much tougher sell to healthy, younger age people across Europe though. It was billed as get 2 jabs and we'll get out of this mess, and the reduction in spread doesn't seem to have materialised (a lot of people are badly misinformed that the vacinne would prevent the spread altogether though) if its get a jab every 6 months just to leave your own country for evermore then people will protest.

You should be fine for your trip next week, its grim and dark here in Yorkshire today so I am jealous :)
Wat do you reckon it's like here in Lancashire!!!!

Malaga next week, some sun, light rain, 11-18c. Ibiza's pretty much the same, I know where I'd prefer but the CdS's open.....

The science is constantly evolving though and so are the risks. Whether the yoof like it or not is tough shit. I think Spain has generally handled things really well. Hopefully getting my Janssen follow-up soon. Where I live is pretty cold atm, looking at the Canaries in Jan (no, not that island)

I've just been rejected by Spain Travel Health

"According to the data entered, this CERTIFICATE IS NOT VALID for travel to Spain, please check the data entered or change the type of certificate.
Error: Error in the number of doses required."

I'm double jabbed, in March and July 21 with AZ. Not able to get booster yet! WTF? Anyone else had this issue? what do/can I do next? Supposed to fly this Thurs :(

"According to the data entered, this CERTIFICATE IS NOT VALID for travel to Spain, please check the data entered or change the type of certificate.

I'm double jabbed, in March and July 21 with AZ. Not able to get booster yet! WTF? Anyone else had this issue? what do/can I do next? Supposed to fly this Thurs :(

As far as I remember you can't upload the NHS Passport to the Spain locator website. You have to enter the details manually. Was an option like 'non EU certificate' or something like that. I then just took along a print off of my NHS Vacinne Passport with me.

As far as I remember you can't upload the NHS Passport to the Spain locator website. You have to enter the details manually. Was an option like 'non EU certificate' or something like that. I then just took along a print off of my NHS Vacinne Passport with me.
Covid Pass uploaded fine. First time rejected as I included my middle names on form (different from NHS name). Next time it rejected me as "error in number of doses required" Bloody ridiculous !

Did you enter that you had an EU covid digital certificate or similar? If you're from the UK, you do not select that option 👍

Did you enter that you had an EU covid digital certificate or similar? If you're from the UK, you do not select that option 👍
Also this
Yeah, I chose Other Certificate and then Vaccination, filled in all the shiz and then the just checked my NHS Travel Covid Pass on arrival

I’m thinking of booking Las Americas for January, will things change by then? I’m not planning on any more Covid injections

My daughter is about to go to Spain, and as far as I know, the main thing is to have a valid vaccination certificate.In general, I wanted to ask what are the main "rules" of travel in Spain? When we went to Germany, we stopped once at a local family. They told us that you can not make noise on Sundays, that it is better to buy tickets for trains in the application we purchased in dbauskunft.com. In Germany you can't ride a bike drunk and so on. Are there any similar rules for Spain? I want my daughter to know about them before the trip.

Last edited:
My daughter is about to go to Spain, and as far as I know, the main thing is to have a valid vaccination certificate.
She will also need to fill in the ‘Spanish locator form’
To return she’ll need to have the necessary forms, codes to whichever ever country she’s based in.

UK Government just confirmed booster jabs will be visible in the NHS App today, seems only Croatia, Israel and Austria after that for now anyway tho and Austria just announced a full national lockdown, so not fancying a trip there 😆

£12!

Okaay - just got home from the Costa Del Sol and done my lateral flow test. The test was OK I'm in the clear, but uploading it to expert-medicals has been a 'mare. They asked you to upload the form in Chrome; so I did on my mobile - rejected. OK; try the PC and used chrome there. Rejected again. Rang the company "try PNG not JPEG" for the picture. Ditto...and ditto; still wouldn't upload, just got the "Whoops (you're a complete berk)" page.

Panic. Decided to send them an email with all the info + attatchments on, but might not be read until Monday or even not at all.
Then, the bright spark moment, do it all but in Opera...success!!! So another rather annoyed e-mail sent off sugessting they remove their reference to using Chrome.

Meanwhile - as for the break; Torremolinos can be filed under "It's not as bad as I thought it would be" - quite classy in places, mostly pedestrianised and enough gltb bars to keep anyone happy - except very few had heating on indoors, grrrr. Also a nice prom which is traffic-free and surprisingly peaceful. Went to Furingirola - blummin' heck that place is a dive. Won't be going there again.

But it's not the same as our loverly little island, only that the bar prices are half what they are on Ibiza. Oh, big thumbs up to easyJet too but not so much Malaga airport, there's the usual security lanes, then the shops, and UK flights leave from block C and when your flight is called you have to go through passport stamping before you can go to your gate. Gonna be fun that in summer when 10 flights depart in a morning :-(. But if you do go to block C before your flight is called, there are a few shops and cafes in that area - much more relaxing than the main terminal.

Ibiza airport is much better where it's stamped at the gate, but I suppose that uses up more staff.

Urgh yay to now having to get a PCR when going to the UK 🤦🏻‍♀️
It’s a Day 2 PCR rather than one for entry I believe, so just back to how it was a couple of months back.

Don’t know if that Expert Medicals lot are still the cheapest, 20 of the finest British sterlings: https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

Edit: Looks like you’re also expected to self isolate until you’ve had the result back too, that’s new. Good luck with getting people to do that….

It’s a Day 2 PCR rather than one for entry I believe, so just back to how it was a couple of months back.

Don’t know if that Expert Medicals lot are still the cheapest, 20 of the finest British sterlings: https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

Edit: Looks like you’re also expected to self isolate until you’ve had the result back too, that’s new. Good luck with getting people to do that….

Looks like they're the cheapest by quite a bit - think Randox at £43 are the next cheapest. Just been looking as my sister and her hubby are in Holland at the moment - flying back Monday. Just had to inform her of the news.

I booked the Expert Medicals PCR test last minute just before I returned from Ibiza in Oct. Everything was fine with them, just a bit slow in getting my result. Didn't bother me at the time, but now you have to self isolate until you get the result.

Back