Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Is it the same M.O., i.e. there's no proof it was actually you who provided the sample?
No, none at all. Could get my next door neighbour to do the test - bit of a bummer if he turns out positive though!

All this is simply box ticking. What difference it makes now as to whether you have covid or not defeats me - I suppose if you are found to be positive they can PCR you to find if it's another new nasty, but other than that - what's the point?

Cases are slumping again anyway without the need for lockdowns, I'm doing my bit by going for my top-up jab later this month.

Even the NHS lateral flow now are nose only (Both nostrils)

Bit of a pisstake as the lateral flows I got for a trip this week are the exact same brand as the NHS ones ! So I've paid £22 to self certify a test and get a nice PDF certificate :rolleyes:
I'll put mine next to my 25 yards and scout badge for map reading. Should complete the set, but I'm still waiting for my Brownie badge for making a decent cup of tea without scalding anyone. That happened last week and I DESERVE that badge. Took me years.

Not to mention first-aiders' badge, when I pricked my septic toe and didn't faint. C'mon, just c'mon....

No, none at all. Could get my next door neighbour to do the test - bit of a bummer if he turns out positive though!
You'd get him to do an NHS test to check first though.

I can just imagine houseshares full of young builders for example - generally in "self-employment" for tax reasons and often because employers demanded to save on tax and employment rights, so they aren't going to get paid if they are made to self-isolate. They don't feel personally at risk at their age and having just done spunked 2 months money on a lads holiday to Ibiza, the rent isn't getting paid if they can't work. Bound to check with an NHS test first, and if positive, check a mate or two to get a negative sample for the paid test.

The system is literally so easy to fool as to be completely pointless.

You'd get him to do an NHS test to check first though.

I can just imagine houseshares full of young builders for example - generally in "self-employment" for tax reasons and often because employers demanded to save on tax and employment rights, so they aren't going to get paid if they are made to self-isolate. They don't feel personally at risk at their age and having just done spunked 2 months money on a lads holiday to Ibiza, the rent isn't getting paid if they can't work. Bound to check with an NHS test first, and if positive, check a mate or two to get a negative sample for the paid test.

The system is literally so easy to fool as to be completely pointless.
Can't imagine many switched on travellers not doing this ^

Anyone from the Netherlands? Going back into semi-lockdown with bars closing early and sports behind closed doors etc. Dunno if that affects anyone flying out/in (ie to Spain/Portugal for a holiday)?

Anyone from the Netherlands? Going back into semi-lockdown with bars closing early and sports behind closed doors etc. Dunno if that affects anyone flying out/in (ie to Spain/Portugal for a holiday)?
It won't affect flying out.

Lots of European countries now considering new measures, Austria being the most controversial in proposing a lockdown for unvacinnated. Holland heading for a 3 week lockdown with 7pm bar closures and sport back behind closed doors.

If you are booking to go anywhere over Winter I'd carefully check the terms and conditions on cancellations. It's not just being able to get into the country, but how enjoyable the trip would be too.

To keep this post Ibiza focused, Spain are now at 80% of adults double jabbed which is a cracking effort 👏 so in theory that should keep further restrictions away.

Apart from the end of this month, I've booked nothing. Was thinking of booking Formentera in June but the hotel I wanted isn't available; it really is tricky, you have to book early to get what you want (esp flights) but run the risk of not going gue to covid. Insurance companies are a waste of time, as are the airlines for getting refunds.

Lots of European countries now considering new measures, Austria being the most controversial in proposing a lockdown for unvacinnated. Holland heading for a 3 week lockdown with 7pm bar closures and sport back behind closed doors.

If you are booking to go anywhere over Winter I'd carefully check the terms and conditions on cancellations. It's not just being able to get into the country, but how enjoyable the trip would be too.

To keep this post Ibiza focused, Spain are now at 80% of adults double jabbed which is a cracking effort 👏 so in theory that should keep further restrictions away.
That's great news, what's the situation with the booster jab?

FYI - for the Americans among us - Iberia just launched a ton of new flights into Madrid, quick hop to IBZ from there. If you need more info, let me know and I can post it up.
Has anyone used Madrid or Barcelona airport, either directly or as a hub to access Ibiza? If so, how easy is it to transfer to the Ibiza flight?

More on-topic; if you fly into Spain via Madrid or Barcelona on the way to the Balearics, where is the covid protocol, at the first airport, or the second (ie no protocol on transfer) or you have to do it twice? Could be important not to be held up transferring if the time is tight. Cheers!

Has anyone used Madrid or Barcelona airport, either directly or as a hub to access Ibiza? If so, how easy is it to transfer to the Ibiza flight?

More on-topic; if you fly into Spain via Madrid or Barcelona on the way to the Balearics, where is the covid protocol, at the first airport, or the second (ie no protocol on transfer) or you have to do it twice? Could be important not to be held up transferring if the time is tight. Cheers!

transfer is really not a big deal. the only thing you need to consider is that if you combine airlines or have two separate tickets with the same airline and have check in baggage you need to retrieve it and check back in for the second flight. so calculate enough time between both flights.

obvs if you don't have a ticket that includes both legs and thus you need to do the above it also means you leave the transfer zone and so you might have to do the covid stuff twice

Also it's very important to check if your flights are both on the same terminal if not it means you have to leave your arrival terminal and get to the other, then go through all the security stuff again before you are able to get to the boarding gate.
Connection between terminals are done with a shuttle bus which runs every 7 mins during day time and it takes about 10 minutes (T2 toT1) or 14 minutes (T1 to T2).

considering last minute trip to white isle this week. Uk citizen double jabbed, last jab July 21. Just to confirm I need to fill out Spain Travel form (done) and have proof of my double jab status (which I have on NHS app). Nothing more according to UK gov website. No lateral flow/PCR test results nec any more? Then when I get QR code from Spain (only avail less than 48 hours before flight) I can travel. Is this correct !? tx all

considering last minute trip to white isle this week. Uk citizen double jabbed, last jab July 21. Just to confirm I need to fill out Spain Travel form (done) and have proof of my double jab status (which I have on NHS app). Nothing more according to UK gov website. No lateral flow/PCR test results nec any more? Then when I get QR code from Spain (only avail less than 48 hours before flight) I can travel. Is this correct !? tx all

Yes, but you will also need to order a lateral flow test to take when you get back to the UK (can't use NHS ones) they will ask for the booking details on your UK passenger locator forms.

Notice reports in the press that shortly some countries (Spain??) will only allow those with the top-up vax to enter without testing. Gonna be an interesting time-scale as those over 40 have just been called up, so many can't yet have that top-up jab, and those that do (like myself) have to wait a few weeks for their appointment. The Guardian suggests that the top-up results aren't (yet?) appearing on your NHS profile/app.

Could do with this sorting as the xmas hols appear over the horizon; I assumed that as long as you had both initial jabs, you had twelve months from the date of the first regardless of follow-ups.

Notice reports in the press that shortly some countries (Spain??) will only allow those with the top-up vax to enter without testing. Gonna be an interesting time-scale as those over 40 have just been called up, so many can't yet have that top-up jab, and those that do (like myself) have to wait a few weeks for their appointment. The Guardian suggests that the top-up results aren't (yet?) appearing on your NHS profile/app.

Could do with this sorting as the xmas hols appear over the horizon; I assumed that as long as you had both initial jabs, you had twelve months from the date of the first regardless of follow-ups.

UK Government confirmed they are working on adding 3rd jab status to the NHS app.

But yes it does seem a bit hasty...as you say UK only just getting going on top-up jabs and other countries are even further behind and still on 1st and 2nd jabs. If Spain made that move they'd be effectively shutting their borders for a while, airlines won't fly if they can't sell many seats.

Debatable what impact requiring a 3rd jab would have anyway, 2 jabs significantly reduces a Tourists risk of going to Hospital so that has made sense, but even when 2 jabs wear off there's still some protection. Seems a bit overkill to me,

Back