Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Flew Jet2 from Manchester 2 weeks ago and returned last night, calmest Ibiza flights I’ve ever been on. Going out was busy, must have been close to full but coming back the plane was less than half full.

Jet2 checked all test and passenger locator forms at both ends. Spanish authorities checked the entry docs too, British end didn’t on the way back but people beside us did have theirs checked.

We got our return tests from these guys close to Playa Pinet/Reggae Beach, couldn’t have been easier - https://15minutetest.com/es/en
Booked an appointment a couple of days before, turned up about 10mins early and were the only people there and seen straight away, in and out within 2mins (max!) had the results 15mins later.

Girlfriend had a call from track and trace this morning and an hour or two later I had a knock on the door from them.

Girlfriend had a call from track and trace this morning and an hour or two later I had a knock on the door from them.

Hope you had a great time. Could you elaborate about what's happened with track and trace? It seems incredibly soon to have been contacted. It's usually as a result of someone's positive Day 2 test.

W
Flew Jet2 from Manchester 2 weeks ago and returned last night, calmest Ibiza flights I’ve ever been on. Going out was busy, must have been close to full but coming back the plane was less than half full.

Jet2 checked all test and passenger locator forms at both ends. Spanish authorities checked the entry docs too, British end didn’t on the way back but people beside us did have theirs checked.

We got our return tests from these guys close to Playa Pinet/Reggae Beach, couldn’t have been easier - https://15minutetest.com/es/en
Booked an appointment a couple of days before, turned up about 10mins early and were the only people there and seen straight away, in and out within 2mins (max!) had the results 15mins later.

was it the police that knocked?

what part of the UK are you in?

We flew back on the 17th July - 9 of us on 4 different flights into LGW, LHR and LCY - 8 out of 9 got 'pinged' by track and track at some point last week. We bizarrely didn't get contacted until yesterday and now have to isolate until Wednesday....

Worth the trip regardless and I'd get back on a flight tomorrow if I could!

A lot more talk about Spain (inc Balaerics) going ‘Amber Plus’ of course all holiday companies cover for Green / Amber / Red but not Amber Plus. Think 10 day home quarantine when coming back, even double jabbed would be a deal breaker for me - but need to pay the balance this week!

A lot more talk about Spain (inc Balaerics) going ‘Amber Plus’ of course all holiday companies cover for Green / Amber / Red but not Amber Plus. Think 10 day home quarantine when coming back, even double jabbed would be a deal breaker for me - but need to pay the balance this week!

The Daily Mail reporting today that Spain is "unlikely" to go on the Amber Plus list.

The Daily Mail reporting today that Spain is "unlikely" to go on the Amber Plus list.

Actually just re read EasyJet holiday policy - for Amber any way they offer the deposit (£60pp) as credit, but any further payments as a refund which is better than £2k tied up in credit for ages…

This whole ‘getting pinged on the return flight’ thing is becoming a big concern for me personally!

Admittedly don’t have and won’t have the track and trace app - but I’m assuming people are being pinged via SMS and phone calls due to a passenger locator form. A 10 day quarantine is just not an option for me so it’s looking likely that August might just be a stretch too far right now!

October maybe the last roll of the Ibiza dice for 2021! 🎲

This whole ‘getting pinged on the return flight’ thing is becoming a big concern for me personally!

Admittedly don’t have and won’t have the track and trace app - but I’m assuming people are being pinged via SMS and phone calls due to a passenger locator form. A 10 day quarantine is just not an option for me so it’s looking likely that August might just be a stretch too far right now!

October maybe the last roll of the Ibiza dice for 2021! 🎲

We disabled the app before flying and whilst we were away. So it can't be that - must be the locator form.

The island was lovely this year - I'd say well worth the risk of getting 'pinged' unless you physically cant do that for 10 days of course.

I know - my reply was to LP

Thanks for that!

Yeah for me personally it's just not really an option to quarantine for 10 days and it really does seem to be becoming a real issue with people testing positive on day 2 and an entire flight having to quarentine.

I thought the quarantine issue was a thing of the past when they dropped it for double vaccinated people returning from Amber countries but the whole getting pinged after landing thing is more than likely a nail in the coffin right now!

Thanks for that!

Yeah for me personally it's just not really an option to quarantine for 10 days and it really does seem to be becoming a real issue with people testing positive on day 2 and an entire flight having to quarentine.

I thought the quarantine issue was a thing of the past when they dropped it for double vaccinated people returning from Amber countries but the whole getting pinged after landing thing is more than likely a nail in the coffin right now!

Officially from mid August you don’t have to of pinged through the app of double jabbed, but unclear on phoned / text notification

Well just booked our car hire - So its all systems go - we land in ibiza sunday... actually cant wait to be back on the island and we are gonna spend our time actually seeing the wonders of the island, normally wed be too ***** to do anything :p
I would expect the carparks at the beaches and venues to be relatively quiet this year! I've walked past the car park at the northern end of Salinas (down the narrow road with the stinky ditch next to it!) and seen it packed and wonder how ever drivers get in and out, never mind park!

I would expect the carparks at the beaches and venues to be relatively quiet this year! I've walked past the car park at the northern end of Salinas (down the narrow road with the stinky ditch next to it!) and seen it packed and wonder how ever drivers get in and out, never mind park!

carparks to beaches, restaurants, in town etc are packed as always.

only the carparks of the clubs are empty.

We’ve just moved our holiday again to 15th august, so with 20 days to go it’s starting to feel Ibiza is becoming a reality. Fingers crossed of course.
This question may have been asked already but just trying to get confirmation on testing going out, for me and my wife who both have been vaccinated. And my 11 year old who doesn’t need a test. And more importantly my 15 year old. I’m being led to believe that we don’t need a test to get out there but my 15 year old will. Am
I right or wrong?
Obvs we will all need to do relevant tests on return.

We’ve just moved our holiday again to 15th august, so with 20 days to go it’s starting to feel Ibiza is becoming a reality. Fingers crossed of course.
This question may have been asked already but just trying to get confirmation on testing going out, for me and my wife who both have been vaccinated. And my 11 year old who doesn’t need a test. And more importantly my 15 year old. I’m being led to believe that we don’t need a test to get out there but my 15 year old will. Am
I right or wrong?
Obvs we will all need to do relevant tests on return.
Gov.uk states that everyone needs test or full vax for at least 14 days unless they are under the age of 12.

Back