Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Does anyone know of you book a test in a clinic in San An do you still have to queue or are people getting seen at the actual time of their appointment?

If it’s Galeno they seem to prefer you not to make an appointment, just walk in when you need your test. I visited the clinic about 10 days before I needed the test to try and book and then by phone a week later but without luck. Got the impression it was more hassle for them.

I just turned up about 9.30am on the day (2nd July, 2 days before my flight) - just a handful of people there. Was in and tested within 10 mins. Waited about 15 mins across the road and then got my result.

It will speed things up considerably if you complete their online form a couple of days before you go. You will receive a confirmation email with all your details - passport number etc. I would also get there early - I think they open at 8.30 - as a couple of weeks later I saw a pic of people queuing down the street for their tests.

I suspect it has to be a test there unfortunately.
Why should it matter though? It just says within 72 hours of flying?

Can't you do them online with a zoom call thing? If so how would they know I wasntbin Ibiza (apart from my wallpaper)

I can get a return for £50, I just want to.go!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know of you book a test in a clinic in San An do you still have to queue or are people getting seen at the actual time of their appointment?

Also, if Galeno does seem crazy busy, I spotted this clinic also doing Covid tests. Opposite the Spar supermarket in Carrer del General Balanzat at the bottom of the West End. Although the Antigen test there was 40 euros (same as Galeno's weekend price).

IMG_Mari_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Friends used the doctors behind this Farmacy in San An Bay, straight in and it was 30euro, confirmation printed out;
Carrer de Cala de Bou, 43, 07829 Sant Josep de sa Talaia, Illes Balears, Spain

Across the road from hotel called AzuLine Hotel Mar Amantis I & II

So potentially stupid question.....

If I need a negative Antigen 72 hours before I fly to UK, if I go to Ibiza for 48 hours can I do the test before I leave the UK?

I can't risk getting stuck in a hotel for 10 days but need to get over there!!!!

That was exactly my thinking too mate. Only possible way I'd even think about it

It's the UK government who are asking for the negative test on your return home, not the Spanish. So long as the other requirements are ticked, you can use a UK supplier, sure. People who are travelling for a short period of time have done exactly that - taken the test at home or taken a test kit with them to use, although it needs to be a private one, not the free NHS ones

Last edited:
So potentially stupid question.....

If I need a negative Antigen 72 hours before I fly to UK, if I go to Ibiza for 48 hours can I do the test before I leave the UK?

I can't risk getting stuck in a hotel for 10 days but need to get over there!!!!

Also, if you're worried about the result it's probably worth doing a free NHS test daily for a few days before you pay for a test.

It goes from worse to worser - I've had to cancel my planned w/e playing hockey in London because the train companies have been allowed to run a much reduced service due to the pingdemic*. The alternatives given simply won't do - but at least I gets my rail fare back and hotel money.

On a wider scale, what are the chances the pandemic will hit airlines; not just pilots but staff on and off the plane, air traffic control and immigration officers on return? They won't be classified as "key workers" and allowed to work with tests after pinging.

But the real annoyance is - if you get the ping there's no statutory obligation to self-isolate, you aren't breaking the law if you don't. However if workers are given 5 - 10 days paid leave to sit at home and they're not even poorly they'll do that, won't they??

Also - do they have a similar app in Spain Stivi - and if so is it compulsory to self-isolate?

*For non-Brits we have an app on our phone linked to everyone's phone we have been in contact with, and if we have been close to someone with covid it lets us know - anonymously - called a "ping" and we are "advised" to self-isolate for 5 to 10 days.

Why should it matter though? It just says within 72 hours of flying?

Can't you do them online with a zoom call thing? If so how would they know I wasntbin Ibiza (apart from my wallpaper)

I can get a return for £50, I just want to.go!!!
The test is to prove you haven't caught covid from Ibiza and are fine to travel back to the UK. 2 days before you fly will be fine

Hi

Has anyone from Ireland gone over fully vaccinated and experienced any difficulty?

Travelling in sept all going well!

So we arrived last night. There were basically no additional checks at Liverpool, they didn't look at the passenger locator forms or fit to fly bits.
Ryanair from Liverpool, was just as vile as always, literally no one wearing a mask, stood in the aisles, vaping, gurning, throwing drinks at each other and all that fun stuff. The crew didn't do a thing to enforce rules and encouraged it by announcing birthdays over the speaker. If that's your thing then get yourself on that flight 😅 I sat very still in my ffp3 mask praying to the covid gods that the people closest to me were decent human beings.

People got a very harsh reminder when we arrived at ibiza airport, the security was screaming at people to wear masks properly and get their documents sorted. It was embarrassing to be honest, no wonder everyone hates the British.

We're here though! 💪

So how does this sound as a plan?

Get a rapid-result antigen test at home (there's a clinic about 1/4mile from me; £39) around 1900 Mon;
=negative result
Fly out Tues AM....have the rest of that day and one full day in Ibiza/Formentera
Fly back Thurs PM arriving no later than 1900
.....meaning I would know that I'm negative over there, no need to test as the result is still valid when I arrive back? It's all within the 72 hr turnaround?

Sounds like a plan @2H76 !
Gonna do that in September. The flights that I can see today are actually cheaper than a return train ticket to London/South so - why not? Gonna double-check with the clinic on Monday that it's doable and then book well ahead. hardly a holiday but a superb little break snd something to look forward to, and no great loss if it's cancelled if conditions change.

Gonna do that in September. The flights that I can see today are actually cheaper than a return train ticket to London/South so - why not? Gonna double-check with the clinic on Monday that it's doable and then book well ahead. hardly a holiday but a superb little break snd something to look forward to, and no great loss if it's cancelled if conditions change.

According the Gov website it's fine to get your return preflight test in the UK before you fly out if you return to the UK within 3 days 👍

Test out.png

However, don't forget you'll still need to book/purchase a return Day 2 PCR test before your trip - even if Ibiza goes back into the Green list. Really hoping these tests are dropped by September.

Day 2 test.png

Back