Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

The link is here if you would like to read in full.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-aviation-guidance-for-operators
It doesn't matter where you sit on the plane. If a passenger on a plane gets a positive PCR result from their return 2 Day test, then EVERYONE on that plane will be contacted and required to self isolate for the next 10 days. Doesn't matter if you have the NHS Test and Trace app switched off. They will contact you through your Passenger Location form details - and it is a legal obligation to comply. It doesn't matter if you test negative yourself or if you're double vaccinated.

This is turning into a nightmare scenario now. The chances of this happening seem extremely high. There are numerous reports about this on the Balearic Tripadvisor forums and Facebook Ibiza groups.

It doesn't matter where you sit on the plane. If a passenger on a plane gets a positive PCR result from their return 2 Day test, then EVERYONE on that plane will be contacted and required to self isolate for the next 10 days. Doesn't matter if you have the NHS Test and Trace app switched off. They will contact you through your Passenger Location form details - and it is a legal obligation to comply. It doesn't matter if you test negative yourself or if you're double vaccinated.

This is turning into a nightmare scenario now. The chances of this happening seem extremely high. There are numerous reports about this on the Balearic Tripadvisor forums and Facebook Ibiza groups.
Also, after the 16th of August (the day I'm due to return) contacts won't be required to isolate in the uk if fully vaccinated. They will ask me to do daily testing instead.

That's incorrect, it's anyone within 2 rows as per the gov website.

That's not quite the same thing. That's under the 'Symptomatic passengers on board' section, so the passenger's details within 2 seats in each direction of a Covid suspect will (supposedly) be taken by the cabin crew.

I'm talking about when someone gets a positive result from their Day 2 test after returning to the UK. From all the reports I've read all people on that flight will be contacted to isolate, you are just told that you have been in contact with someone with Covid, but not where that contact was.

Sorry if this sounds like scaremongering, hope it's not as bad as it sounds, but I posted as a head's up. I'm also booked to go out again in Sept 🤞

Have a read of this though - see what you think - Pinged on Return

That's incorrect, it's anyone within 2 rows as9 per the gov website.
Are you sure that relates to a positive test or someone showing symptoms?

Personally it doesn't make much sense, you could have queued in the baggage, gate, air bridge (bus doesn't seem to be operating), disembark, passport or baggage with the person positive on plane.

Personally it doesn't make much sense, you could have queued in the baggage, gate, air bridge (bus doesn't seem to be operating), disembark, passport or baggage with the person positive on plane.

Someone showing symptoms.

None of it makes sense!

All I can tell you is, somebody I know who recently returned from abroad (not Ibiza) got contacted and told to isolate "for being in close contact with a confirmed positive" while the person she was travelling with sitting next to her, did not. Therefore I can only deduce there is a limited seat radius and not the entire plane

This was 5 days after she landed, therefore only a 5 day isolation and would pair up with a positive Day 2 test from a fellow passenger

We were bussed from the terminal to the plane yesterday, but not too many people, don't think it was the first bus, plane less than half full.

They were tracked and traced sorry, not through the NHS app thing. Plane was full, two families of our friends on it.

Clare - you said two families of friends were on the same flight, but only one family received the test and trace quarantine notification. Is this correct? Obviously wouldn't be the whole plane contacted then if so.

All I can tell you is, somebody I know who recently returned from abroad (not Ibiza) got contacted and told to isolate "for being in close contact with a confirmed positive" while the person she was travelling with sitting next to her, did not. Therefore I can only deduce there is a limited seat radius and not the entire plane

This would make sense, obviously the reason you're asked your seat number on the Passenger Locator form. However, I don't think it's a mandatory requirement to give it.
If you don't maybe then you would be automatically contacted to isolate if someone on the flight tests positive. And what if the person who tests positive didn't give their seat number? :oops:

Just done our passenger locator form, do we need to print these and the vaccine proof or is it fine just on our phones? I'm probs going to print anyways because my anxiety levels are through the roof but asking for everyone else we're travelling with 😅

Clare - you said two families of friends were on the same flight, but only one family received the test and trace quarantine notification. Is this correct? Obviously wouldn't be the whole plane contacted then if so.
No both families got tracked and traced, told to isolate. I'll find how close they were sat together. 4 adults, 3 children

With the UK and Spain having fully vaccinated over 50% of the adult populations, I'm now beginning to wonder at what point will international travel be allowed as it was - test free?
All we get is this endless list of protocols, coloured zones and so on. I can't see any change for 2022, even beyond?
I'm not travelling anywhere outside the UK until I can do so without having to have a single test. I'm OK with showing my vaccination status. But that's it.

EDIT for the sake of comparison here are the rules for visiting the island of Jersey from the UK; does seem simple enough but what happens if the PCR test is positive on arrival? This is the issue with travel anywhere - it's OK if you keep being negative but what happens to the positive cases?

Anyhow, wish Ibiza was a simple but the UK authorities will always want to test us against bringing nasties home.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of you book a test in a clinic in San An do you still have to queue or are people getting seen at the actual time of their appointment?

So potentially stupid question.....

If I need a negative Antigen 72 hours before I fly to UK, if I go to Ibiza for 48 hours can I do the test before I leave the UK?

I can't risk getting stuck in a hotel for 10 days but need to get over there!!!!

So potentially stupid question.....

If I need a negative Antigen 72 hours before I fly to UK, if I go to Ibiza for 48 hours can I do the test before I leave the UK?

I can't risk getting stuck in a hotel for 10 days but need to get over there!!!!
I suspect it has to be a test there unfortunately.

Back