Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

What does it cover you for though? Would be surprised if it’ll pay for your quarantine accommodation if you’re +ve on your pre departure test
What happens if your hotel's full and you have to move so the next guests can have your room? Are the hotels well booked now? Be a stinker if you had to move from your 5* apartment with own pool to a 2* hostel without even a balcony!

Must add, I find the hostels excellent; but that's because they are basically just for sleeps as I'm out 14 hours a day!! But the ones I have been in have always been clean and everything working (eg showers) but I wouldn't want to be confined to a room for several days.

What happens if your hotel's full and you have to move so the next guests can have your room? Are the hotels well booked now? Be a stinker if you had to move from your 5* apartment with own pool to a 2* hostel without even a balcony!

Must add, I find the hostels excellent; but that's because they are basically just for sleeps as I'm out 14 hours a day!! But the ones I have been in have always been clean and everything working (eg showers) but I wouldn't want to be confined to a room for several days.
What if it’s the other way round and you’re in a nice basic 2 star jobby and the only place you can find with space to quarantine is a 5 star €400 per night instagram hotel? Painful

What does it cover you for though? Would be surprised if it’ll pay for your quarantine accommodation if you’re +ve on your pre departure test
Fair play to Jet2, it does seem to cover this on the face of it. £15 is a bargain in that case

we just added ‘covid ins’ to our holiday through jet2 yday. £15 pp seems worth it

Yeah we had this cover from Jet2 for our planned holiday last week mate.

I had a good read through the policy and it covered a lot of angles.

Our holiday didn’t go ahead, but if it did then I was pretty confident we were covered for most situations. The policy was all set out pretty clearly and easy to understand.

Got fully refunded today actually. Can’t fault Jet2 really.

edited for crap spelling

Last edited:
Okay, this is a real life situation. It’s in the interest of fair discussion. Believe me, I’m missing Ibiza! But…..
My eldest daughters boyfriend is currently held up in a £90 a night Covid hotel in Majorca.
It was a last minute decision to go last weekend with his mate who had recently split from his bird.
He tested positive (at the Airport I think?) pre flight home, but the other two lads didn’t. Might sound exciting to some, but he can’t leave the room unless absolutely necessary. He has had further tests which are still positive.
Financially he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, his mum has now had to bail him out. He will have to pay for a new flight in addition to the hotel.
Doubtful he had insurance (clever lad but zero common sense).
He has to isolate when he finally arrives home.

Folks, if you’re going to take the risk, make sure you can deal with any problems.
Yeah it appears that people don't really like to talk about this possibility. Locked in a hotel room. Getting fed gruel and barely given any water.

What if it’s the other way round and you’re in a nice basic 2 star jobby and the only place you can find with space to quarantine is a 5 star €400 per night instagram hotel? Painful
If you have to quarantine but there are simply no rooms available - then what? Can't leave you outside; what's the alternative? Hospital even though you're not ill?

Dunno if it happens but when the tourist board and local government are planning the season, surely they hold back a % of rooms just for that? And if empty, the hotels lose out unless compensated. This is the highest point of the season when demand is at it's greatest (and most expensive) so it's gotta be an issue?

We made it guys! Lots of changes at the airport I noticed. Firstly there was no bus waiting to shuttle us to the airport from the plane, it was like Gatwick where you go straight off the plane and into the airport via the bridge thingy. So that was nice.
Once in, you had to show your passport for ID plus the passenger locator form which they were scanning.
Then there was an automated passport checker (which was also new) followed by a manual passport check and a stamp.
It was all super quick. We arrived quite late so not loads of people at the airport and straight into a taxi. Currently lounging by the pool at the hotel and can’t quite believe I’m here! Off out in Bossa tonight to see a mate DJ :)
Any questions just ask.

We made it guys! Lots of changes at the airport I noticed. Firstly there was no bus waiting to shuttle us to the airport from the plane, it was like Gatwick where you go straight off the plane and into the airport via the bridge thingy. So that was nice.
Once in, you had to show your passport for ID plus the passenger locator form which they were scanning.
Then there was an automated passport checker (which was also new) followed by a manual passport check and a stamp.
It was all super quick. We arrived quite late so not loads of people at the airport and straight into a taxi. Currently lounging by the pool at the hotel and can’t quite believe I’m here! Off out in Bossa tonight to see a mate DJ :)
Any questions just ask.
Send us some Can Vidal Hierbas please🤣

Any questions just ask.

Getting rid of those Buses would be a positive of the pandemic, at some airports you're about 5 steps away from the terminal, but have to stand on a sweaty Bus while it does a lap of the airport for reasons unknown. Wouldent be surprised to find Covid mutated originally on one of those bus handlebars 😂

Did this never happen?

Also, whatever happened to this? Think the cheapest PCR test in Ibiza is still €98.

10 days from having to decide what to do for my Ibiza trip end August / early Sept. Proper torn as to what to do - the deal I have is very good. Not concerned by Amber list as double vaxxed. Concern is situation gets worse still and turns Red when there. And also how impacting restrictions may be. And if I test positive before leaving....

Would be nice to at least some 'outside' gigs by then but looking very doubtful I guess, just from timing perspective

Getting rid of those Buses would be a positive of the pandemic, at some airports you're about 5 steps away from the terminal, but have to stand on a sweaty Bus while it does a lap of the airport for reasons unknown. Wouldent be surprised to find Covid mutated originally on one of those bus handlebars 😂
In normal years there are too many planes and not enough gates, so the ovens aka buses will be back!

Often I've got off the plane almost first and exited via the bridge, and then got lost trying to find my way to passport control (downstairs). That's not so bad, but when I realise I'm lost and turn round trying to figure out the way down, there are 200 passengers behind following me thinking I know what I'm doing... 🥵

10 days from having to decide what to do for my Ibiza trip end August / early Sept. Proper torn as to what to do - the deal I have is very good. Not concerned by Amber list as double vaxxed. Concern is situation gets worse still and turns Red when there. And also how impacting restrictions may be. And if I test positive before leaving....

Would be nice to at least some 'outside' gigs by then but looking very doubtful I guess, just from timing perspective
It seems more and more likely testing even when double vaxxed is gonna happen in the EU.

Theyve announced today that they won't be adding ibiza to the amber plus at any point in the immediate future. Amber plus would be 5 days quarantine at home (if you test to release on day 5) it's still worth it for me.

There's 12 of us going over, 5 on Friday and the rest next Wednesday and we're all nervous but just going for it. If disaster strikes then so be it.

I'll be there for 3 weeks so as long as I don't catch it there, which I shouldn't because there's restrictions in place that prevent it, it should all be fine. I'm just wearing a ffp3 mask in the airport and on the flight 😅

Is anyone here good with understanding the FCS form when it comes to stopovers on the way to Spain.
The part of where the journey originate is quite clear but you are then asked to fill in stops/destinations in the same trip. So I wonder if this applies to stopovers (if not leaving the stopover airport)? :)

Just some articles I'm looking into where the conclusion seems to be that fully vaccinated people can carry the Delta strain without showing symptoms but passing it on to non-vaxxed people. If this is showing in other countries or by traveling too....testing vaxxed people is a matter of time imho. And this would make travel even more vulnerable, because now even when you're vaccinated you might need to test on arrival AND return, risking a quarantine while you're perfectly protected against the sickness itself.

Back