Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Think they are more expensive than many flights.

Are there no tests that can be done at the airport as you arrive? Go to a secure testing place there first, wait half-an-hour, get the result, then go to bag drop then through perv-groping then into the bar airside? Normally it takes about a couple of hours from arriving at the airport to getting on the plane, so that's adding half-an-hour.

Problem is though, as it is with the home kits, if you have already booked and you're positive that's your holiday gone. Does insurance cover?? Suppose it's not so bad if the flight costs next to nothing and you still have time to cancel the hotel.
I am going to see if Madrid Airport has pcr testing services, the airport is big enough and would be really handy if could do that

A bit off topic, but the uncertainty and risk of spread after June 21 has caused Brighton Pride (early August) to be cancelled, a mass-participation event in a relatively small enclosed area. Maybe the thinking is that people will be safe outside, but not inside and it would be very difficult to control numbers. A disappointing but probably wise decision.

On-topic; I'm more confused than ever, r/e travel to "green" areas, press reports keep saying we will need a test certificate, proof of immunity (recent infection) or proof of vaccination...but the key is "or" so does that mean we can travel with our app ticked - or do those vaccinated still need tests?

If anyone knows the right answer....I don't think the government know??

On-topic; I'm more confused than ever, r/e travel to "green" areas, press reports keep saying we will need a test certificate, proof of immunity (recent infection) or proof of vaccination...but the key is "or" so does that mean we can travel with our app ticked - or do those vaccinated still need tests?
I believe it will depend on both countries that you're flying to/from, they might have different requirements for entry. So, you could feasibly not have to test on the way out, but have to test before you leave or vice versa.

A while back it was said that for the UK at least, you would have to show a -ve test on the way back in regardless of vaccination status, but noone knows just yet. Final details on the whole shabang are due on the 10th I think (so will be leaked in time for the Sunday papers this week no doubt)

I believe it will depend on both countries that you're flying to/from, they might have different requirements for entry. So, you could feasibly not have to test on the way out, but have to test before you leave or vice versa.

A while back it was said that for the UK at least, you would have to show a -ve test on the way back in regardless of vaccination status, but noone knows just yet. Final details on the whole shabang are due on the 10th I think (so will be leaked in time for the Sunday papers this week no doubt)
I keep getting mixed up, I keep thinking -ve means you've got it and +ve means you haven't, so you're in the clear, but it's the other way round. Isn't it? Need to unscramble my brain a bit.

I keep getting mixed up, I keep thinking -ve means you've got it and +ve means you haven't, so you're in the clear, but it's the other way round. Isn't it? Need to unscramble my brain a bit.
-ve test = you don't have it
+ve test = you do have it
-ve feeling = you do have it
+ve feeling = you don't have it
-ve mood = it's monday at 2pm and you're sick of life
+ve mood = it's Friday at 7pm and you're three pints in

+ve mood = it's Friday at 7pm and you're three pints in
That'll do me!

Can't find any news at all today about lifting travel restrictions, and it was promised by the end of the week.

Last edited:
This green list means fk all, you still need to provide a negative test, which is the same rule as last summer. And what if you test positive while over there?

This green list means fk all, you still need to provide a negative test, which is the same rule as last summer. And what if you test positive while over there?
U won't have to quarantine on return if on green list and if test positive I imagine there will be hotels to isolate

Surely if you've had the vaccine that will be sufficient and you shouldn't be required to then pay additionally for tests at any point!?

Personally would be pretty miffed if I'm being asked to fork out additional funds to pay for tests when I've had the vaccine.

Surely if you've had the vaccine that will be sufficient and you shouldn't be required to then pay additionally for tests at any point!?

Personally would be pretty miffed if I'm being asked to fork out additional funds to pay for tests when I've had the vaccine.
I was half hopeful of getting away in Oct (which i think we’ll be able too btw) but i still think there’s gunna be a lot of chew on with rules and restrictions. Hopefully things sort themselves out late summer although the clocks already ticking!!!

I've got POA hotels booked in July, August, September and October! Eager to get over as quickly as possible with a slight consideration for nightlife and how different that could be at any given time as if waiting a few weeks or a month could bring in totally different rules I would probably wait it out.

However I did assume that green-listed countries would be open season for anyone that had both shots of the vaccine and had given it whatever the timeframe is for that to fully settle into the system.

If you're telling me I then regardless have to take 3 additional tests which are going to cost me anywhere around £180 it does becoming incredibly frustrating!

The government want PCR test on return as it can identify new/foreign variants that a traveller may carry.

Think they may relax the text exiting the UK, if the country y/airline you are travelling to does not require tests.

Back