Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Anyone ordered the Chromonics LFTs for return to UK? The website only asked for a date for travel for all passengers but the order email has come through with the passenger locator form numbers blank....

Yes, I bought one in September. However I never used the test as the rules changed and it was no longer a requirement.

I did receive a Passenger locator reference number with mine - I was going to use it on my form to avoid buying the Day 2 PCR test, but I bottled out last minute and bought a PCR from Expert Medicals.

I thought it was a mistake that Chronomics sent a PLF reference number anyway as the point of the number is to prove that you’ve purchased tests for use when you’re back in the UK.

Have you purchased Day 2 PCRs? You will get the reference codes with those.

(By the way - my Chronomics ref number was the same as my order ID number, plus /01 added at the end).

Yeah, the day 2 PCRs, I've clicked and collected for £34.99 a pop from Randox. My experience to date, 3 times so far, is that they deliver on their 'results by 23.59 the day after you put the tests in their dropbox' promise. This is particularly important now you have to isolate until you have a negative PCR result

I think you're right actually, for the return to UK test, they want the proof of a negative test, not a reference number.

Cheers

Amazon now doing cheap PCR tests, not outsourced but processed at their own facility

Amazon COVID-19 RT-PCR Test Sample Collection Kit – valid for Day 2 Arrivals program (1 person or 1 trip)

Amazon now doing cheap PCR tests, not outsourced but processed at their own facility

Amazon COVID-19 RT-PCR Test Sample Collection Kit – valid for Day 2 Arrivals program (1 person or 1 trip)

Amazon are the kings of Supply Chain so I'd expect results within an hour and Lemsip auto dispatched if its a positive result 😉😆

I'm reading in the papers that the government (UK) is to scrap the requirement for testing before return to the UK: so for the fully vaxxed it should be locator form, then 2-day PCR test on return.

Having lost interest in travel due to the current restrictions, I need reminding of the rulse on entering Spain (fully vaxxed) - is it still the same , locator form and proof of vaccine, not testing?

I'm reading in the papers that the government (UK) is to scrap the requirement for testing before return to the UK: so for the fully vaxxed it should be locator form, then 2-day PCR test on return.

Having lost interest in travel due to the current restrictions, I need reminding of the rulse on entering Spain (fully vaxxed) - is it still the same , locator form and proof of vaccine, not testing?

For Spain just need to show a Vaccine passport as things stand.

Getting rid of the PCR before flight home test is a big one for me, if I end up testing positive and have to isolate id rather be at home than a hotel abroad.

For Spain just need to show a Vaccine passport as things stand.

Getting rid of the PCR before flight home test is a big one for me, if I end up testing positive and have to isolate id rather be at home than a hotel abroad.
It’s only a lateral flow before coming back to the UK

Just got our negative LFTs for return to UK from Mexico. Complete farce, uploaded photo of negative tests that could have been taken by anyone and had the certs instantaneously

Just got our negative LFTs for return to UK from Mexico. Complete farce, uploaded photo of negative tests that could have been taken by anyone and had the certs instantaneously
Yes, I still have my negative test, so I could easily stick the new code over the old one, photograph that and good to go! For thravel the LFT is so pontless it should be abolished.

OK so it's been announced that the pre-departure PCR or LFT from Spain to the UK (England?) has been reversed.

Does this mean we go back to the 2-day LFT, or the 2-day PCR test on return? Not particulary clear... https://news.sky.com/story/travel-i...ave-no-real-impact-on-omicron-spread-12509310

"He also announced that people arriving in the UK will no longer have to isolate until they get a negative PCR test, but will instead have to take a lateral flow test at the end of day two after arriving.

If that is positive they will then have to take a confirmatory PCR test to help identify any new variants."

So looks like just a Lateral flow within 2 days on return, I'd assume non-NHS ones again but it doesn't say.

Feels like there's now that many rule tweaks and changes that the public will be very confused and unknowingly non-compliant. Good news for the Travel industry overall though.

LFT-tastic my friend
bod-walk.gif

"He also announced that people arriving in the UK will no longer have to isolate until they get a negative PCR test, but will instead have to take a lateral flow test at the end of day two after arriving.

If that is positive they will then have to take a confirmatory PCR test to help identify any new variants."

So looks like just a Lateral flow within 2 days on return, I'd assume non-NHS ones again but it doesn't say.

Feels like there's now that many rule tweaks and changes that the public will be very confused and unknowingly non-compliant. Good news for the Travel industry overall though.
Dunno for sure, but think there are issues on actually getting LFT's; I suppose if you are going on holiday you can book one in advance so it should arrive - not like simply nipping up to the pharmacy and fiding they have none.

I’m wondering if you’ll need a code from the ordering of the LTF to add to your locator form. I have some from last year but no longer have the emails.

Attachments

• 4C842EB8-BB20-4688-B2E6-B20F58BC0B49.jpeg
    4C842EB8-BB20-4688-B2E6-B20F58BC0B49.jpeg
    620.8 KB · Views: 3
Back