Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I'm gonna hang on a week or so in the hope that those prices come down. Not to save money myself, but to point out what a rip-off it is. A PCR test ended up being around £20!!

Last edited:
Now LFTs are ok for day 2 tests (after 24 Oct) anyone found the cheapest supplier?
Do the free NHS ones not suffice? Taking a LFT is now government advice, not a requirement. No one is going to chase you down for it and you only need to report your results if you're positive

Do the free NHS ones not suffice? Taking a LFT is now government advice, not a requirement. No one is going to chase you down for it and you only need to report your results if you're positive
No, they don’t. You need a reference number to go on your locator form to come back to the UK which you only can get from a privately purchased test. No reference number = no locator form = no flight back to the UK

It was more complicated than expected, but worthwhile. We got back last Thursday.
The codes/forms, portals etc.. quite a bit to keep a log of any process even though it was simplified its a lot of data to collect.

It was more complicated than expected, but worthwhile. We got back last Thursday.
The codes/forms, portals etc.. quite a bit to keep a log of any process even though it was simplified its a lot of data to collect.
Don't tell anyone, but I have a paper filled with a "shopping list" of what needs doing and when. Any forms I print off (like the Spanish and UK inqusition ones) and have them in a file in the right order - as well as have them on my phone - so I know which is coming up next.
So -
out
1. Fast track out
2. Flight ticket
3. Spanish locator form
4. Vax certificate
5. Holiday insurance form (just in case immigration ask)
6. Holiday hotel reference
return
7. Airport fast track (if applicable)
8. Flight ticket back
9. UK locator form (phone only)
10. Fast track arrival.

I'm walking through the airport with a huge file that makes me look like effing Bamber Gascoigne 😧 but is saves the lady official asking for a certain form on your phone and when you swipe the latest naughty pic turns up :eek:

Some of it does feel a bit excessive though, like how many times do you need to enter your date of birth. It's on your passport and you've already given them your passport number...Spain needing to know your plane seat number was a random one (I didn't know it at the time so made mine up 🤫)

Hopefully come May the paperwork can be reduced, but more UK restrictions on the way first it seems

Some of it does feel a bit excessive though, like how many times do you need to enter your date of birth. It's on your passport and you've already given them your passport number...Spain needing to know your plane seat number was a random one (I didn't know it at the time so made mine up 🤫)

Hopefully come May the paperwork can be reduced, but more UK restrictions on the way first it seems
They are deffo thinking aloud; "Plan B" looks just around the corner, apparently "secret" docs are flying around asking local councils what they want and to prepare.
We've had tiers and now plans - I reckon the big one will be vax passports to get into crowded places (something I agree with) but I reckon they should go further and make it mandatory for all indoor places - if people don't wnat the vax they can take £20 tests instead to get into cinemas, pubs etc.
But overall I think they are desperately trying to keep thing open, including travel. If they locked down again the comeback would be - they have insisted on us having the vaccine - what's the point if we are as protected as we will ever be but can't use that "freedom"?

No, they don’t. You need a reference number to go on your locator form to come back to the UK which you only can get from a privately purchased test. No reference number = no locator form = no flight back to the UK
I used an old one tbh, got fed up with the whole thing. Got accepted fine and no follow up. But this was before LFT was the requirement.

I'm sorry I booked with je2 now - my youtube account is now infested with their high-pitched screamy song ads. Funny how if I switch to "guest" account those ads don't appear at all?! Looks like my noise-cancelling earphones will come in useful on the flight!

Random question but what are the Jet2 desk queues at Ibiza Airport normally like?

We’re hand luggage only but they won’t let us check in online as all standard seats gone, so would need to pay €45 each on a €400+ flight (!!!).

You wouldn’t get that with BA…

Random question but what are the Jet2 desk queues at Ibiza Airport normally like?

We’re hand luggage only but they won’t let us check in online as all standard seats gone, so would need to pay €45 each on a €400+ flight (!!!).

Never had a long wait, they have one queue for all destinations and that shifts the queue quicker I find

I’d give them a buzz on this, doesn’t sound right?

Furthermore for eagle-eyed bargain hunters :)lol:), you need to go through the jet 2 website link for this massive saving, and click the Chromonics link under day 2 tests:

If you just go staight to the Chronomics website, it doesn't seem to offer the code...

Would recommened this. Package arrived when promised, just the test and uploaded photo of result etc, and had the result cert pretty much instantly. Obviously, it's a complete farce, they have now evidence at all it was actually me that did the test, and the fact the confirmed result cert came within milliseconds, means it automated and no-once checks it.

But if you need to do a day test, this was the cheapest I've seen and served it's purpose.

my lateral flow test has cost £15 from expert-medicals, arrived this morning. looked at the instructions and has to be stuffed up your nose twice, but not the back of the throat - which had to be done for the PCR.

my lateral flow test has cost £15 from expert-medicals, arrived this morning. looked at the instructions and has to be stuffed up your nose twice, but not the back of the throat - which had to be done for the PCR.
Is it the same M.O., i.e. there's no proof it was actually you who provided the sample?

Even the NHS lateral flow now are nose only (Both nostrils)

Bit of a pisstake as the lateral flows I got for a trip this week are the exact same brand as the NHS ones ! So I've paid £22 to self certify a test and get a nice PDF certificate :rolleyes:

Back