Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Right, we're getting somewhere. End of Oct - so sadly Ibiza is out for me, but that opens up the Costa Del Sol for November which is something. Bloody Torremolinos it may be, but after 6 San Miguels I might not notice.

Will look for flights to Ibiza for very early spring 2022.

Q - how do you indicate the result of a LFT to the authorities??
You can fly back any time after Mon 4th October without having to take a test until you get back if you’re double jabbed- no risk of being stranded out there any more

A summary of today’s announcement, all based on having had both your jabbings and flying back to the UK:

If you fly back before 4th Oct: Pre departure antigen and Day 2 PCR test required
If you fly back 4th Oct or later: No pre departure test required

What isn’t yet clear is the date on Oct on which the Day 2 testing requirement switches from the current PCR test to an antigen/lateral flow test

If you aren’t double jabbed, the current arrangements continue I think

You can fly back any time after Mon 4th October without having to take a test until you get back if you’re double jabbed- no risk of being stranded out there any more
Sounds promising - is there a source for that as I haven't read anything?

EDIT, just seen this online in the Guardian. So no pre-departure test but still the PCR test on day 2 - that sounds good, and it's exactly when my current flight is

EDIT 2 - so for the fully vaxxed it's JUST the day 2 PCR test - no day 8, and the two locator forms (ES + UK)?

EDIT 3, feck it, that's my hotel booked, see you in some seedy bar - I won't sleep tonight!!

Last edited:
Sounds promising - is there a source for that as I haven't read anything?

EDIT, just seen this online in the Guardian. So no pre-departure test but still the PCR test on day 2 - that sounds good, and it's exactly when my current flight is

EDIT 2 - so for the fully vaxxed it's JUST the day 2 PCR test - no day 8, and the two locator forms (ES + UK)?

EDIT 3, feck it, that's my hotel booked, see you in some seedy bar - I won't sleep tonight!!
👍👍👍

When you fill in the passenger locator form, it wants your mobile number with +44, do you include or exclude the first 0?

I've found a local firm that - if I call at their office/clinic - I can collect a day 2 PCR test kit, take it home and complete on return, £19!

One thing that puzzles me, the NHS *myGP* app where the proof of your double vax is stored, doesn't actually state which type it was (AZ or the other one) - are the Spanish authorities bothered about that?

I've found a local firm that - if I call at their office/clinic - I can collect a day 2 PCR test kit, take it home and complete on return, £19!

One thing that puzzles me, the NHS *myGP* app where the proof of your double vax is stored, doesn't actually state which type it was (AZ or the other one) - are the Spanish authorities bothered about that?

On my NHS App when you click 'travel' passport it shows full details of the jabs and dates under the QR code.

Spain are using the same ones the UK are, so it shouldn't be an issue.

On my NHS App when you click 'travel' passport it shows full details of the jabs and dates under the QR code.

Spain are using the same ones the UK are, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Whoa, thanks for that - I owe you a beer! I thought it was the covid part of the NHS "MyGP" app, which shows your vaxxed status, but I downloaded another NHS app and filled it in and ALL the details are there including type of vax as you suggest. Didn't even know such an app existed - thought the NHS app was the test and trace one.

So that might have tripped me up - anyhow managed to organise a paper copy + the one on the app.

No flaming wonder there are queues at airports, this is a real minefield and to think it's been simplified....

So my day 2 PCR test has arrived. I activate it when I get back from Ibiza - but will I get asked by any official (airline/Immigration) whether I have a kit booked, and how can I prove it? After all it won't be activated until I land?

So my day 2 PCR test has arrived. I activate it when I get back from Ibiza - but will I get asked by any official (airline/Immigration) whether I have a kit booked, and how can I prove it? After all it won't be activated until I land?
Think you need to put the test reference number on your UK locator form when you come back, and then literally no one will check whether you’ve taken it or not afterwards

Please, tell us when you are there!😂

So much keeping away from everyone. Played hockey this morning and was bumping and barging into anyone getting in the way. And once I'd filled up with petrol I went to play the game....

Back