Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

IMO, those with the vaccine should still test when they return home, but antigen/NHS test should suffice.

Fingers crossed for no more tests in October though!
If you go for a short holiday, maybe 4 - 5 days, I can't see the point of testing over there especially if you have to test on return. You could be negative, pick covid up on your last day, and the test at home will show that - so why test over there? It makes no sense?

If you go for a short holiday, maybe 4 - 5 days, I can't see the point of testing over there especially if you have to test on return. You could be negative, pick covid up on your last day, and the test at home will show that - so why test over there? It makes no sense?
You could pick it up on your first day there too, board a flight (small contained area) and give it to everyone on your flight

I know it’s the Daily Scumbag, but they seem to think that the pre departure antigen and day 2 PCR tests could be replaced with one day 2 lateral flow jobby for travellers to the UK

So still have to take a test in Ibiza and face quarantine there if positive?
No, I don't think so, seems to say that the pre-departure test back to the UK may be binned

"The 'pre-departure tests' that travellers are forced to take before flying home are also likely to be scrapped. "

No dates on it though, just "by October half term" which I think is at the end of Oct

So still have to take a test in Ibiza and face quarantine there if positive?

PCR Tests expected to be scrapped for those double jabbed, but awaiting confirmation if Lateral Flow would be needed (with PCR then needed if positive)

Still a few hours for Bozza and co to U-Turn though of course!

No, I don't think so, seems to say that the pre-departure test back to the UK may be binned

"The 'pre-departure tests' that travellers are forced to take before flying home are also likely to be scrapped. "

No dates on it though, just "by October half term" which I think is at the end of Oct
Hope so, but I'm due to fly out on the 2nd of Oct!! For me to go testing in Ibiza has to go (for the fully jabbed) - I couldn't face isolation being on my own.

Hope so, but I'm due to fly out on the 2nd of Oct!! For me to go testing in Ibiza has to go (for the fully jabbed) - I couldn't face isolation being on my own.
Even at the moment it is just an anti gen test, if you are that worried just don't do it ....

Even at the moment it is just an anti gen test, if you are that worried just don't do it ....
If it's a test - any teat - when I return home I'm happy with that; just don't want to test over there. AFAIK there are no tests required either for leaving the Uk or entering Spain if fully vaxxed, so if correct that's something.

Here we have two walk-in covid testing centres which are free, hoping that Schapps will announce the end of tests except back in the UK and that an NHS walk-in center will do.

If that's the case gonna be re-arranging my flight and booking my hotels tonight!

If it's a test - any teat - when I return home I'm happy with that; just don't want to test over there. AFAIK there are no tests required either for leaving the Uk or entering Spain if fully vaxxed, so if correct that's something.

Here we have two walk-in covid testing centres which are free, hoping that Schapps will announce the end of tests except back in the UK and that an NHS walk-in center will do.

If that's the case gonna be re-arranging my flight and booking my hotels tonight!
My point is - you only need to do an anti-gen test to fly home. You do the anti gen test yourself and report the result. If you are really concerned then don't do the anti-gen test and report a negative result. But as you say likely any test will be scrapped, but even current rules shouldn't be a blocker if any one is that worried

Right, we're getting somewhere. End of Oct - so sadly Ibiza is out for me, but that opens up the Costa Del Sol for November which is something. Bloody Torremolinos it may be, but after 6 San Miguels I might not notice.

Will look for flights to Ibiza for very early spring 2022.

Q - how do you indicate the result of a LFT to the authorities??

Back