Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Not long got back in the lashing rain 🤣 all went pretty well, showed PLF at airport and negative covid test. Had a slight nightmare with the forms for the way back as did my husbands and ended up putting my first name so had to redo it. Then my husband went and deleted his email with the form day before flight 🤣 luckily found it by logging into the gov account. Hoping this all scrapped by next June when we next fly!

There's supposed to be a government review of travel before Oct 1; the travel industry have been calling fo all testing to be dropped for the fully vaccinated. Probably won't happen, just re-arranging the deckchairs on the amber/green/red system which helps nobody.

But if the industry keeps lobbying, maybe in time for Xmas we get the testing dropped? At least the travel industry are lobbying.

Ryanair cancelled all October flights from Scotland yesterday. Had been looking forward to a wee October week trip as well.
Ive not had a mail yet. Booked through Sunshine/On the Beach, and no correspondence so far so don't even know if our hotel part is still booked or the whole thing will be cancelled.

Ive not had a mail yet. Booked through Sunshine/On the Beach, and no correspondence so far so don't even know if our hotel part is still booked or the whole thing will be cancelled.
We got the email last night. Took the refund. Hopefully get it within the week. Still looking to get away. Exploring other options at the moment.

Yep my flights cancelled too. Rebooked with Jet2. Should have used them in the first instance. Awaiting refunds. Hopeless.

Yes its and antigen test for home.i personally ordered my own anti gen tests and bought them in my teavel bag and do the tests myself.£30
Hope you don't mind a me asking but how does this work? Did you do the test within 72 hours of coming back to the UK then how do you display / show your results. Is there an app you used to then show your negative result after you registered it?
What company did you use?

Hope you don't mind a me asking but how does this work? Did you do the test within 72 hours of coming back to the UK then how do you display / show your results. Is there an app you used to then show your negative result after you registered it?
What company did you use?
I used C19 testing for this. You do a lateral flow, upload a photo of completed test to an online form with a pic of passport. They email you your certificate back.

I used C19 testing for this. You do a lateral flow, upload a photo of completed test to an online form with a pic of passport. They email you your certificate back.
Many thanks just googling as we speak. The rules may be changing so will keep an eye on things.

Speculation continuing to grow that UK is going to drop the Green and Amber lists and drop the requirement for a PCR Test on return for those double jabbed.

Fingers crossed as that would mean it'd just be show your vaccine passport in Ibiza and then in UK on return

Yes, good news. However I’m flying out to Ibiza next weekend and not returning until October 11th so need to make some decisions.

I’d have preferred to have ordered my Day 2 PCR test this week before I go for peace of mind but now thinking of holding off until the next review (while I’m out there). I’m pretty sceptical though that they won’t drop the PCR tests just yet.

Will prob go for the Randox PCR test for £43 if I have to. I know Expert Medicals is only £28, but they are currently under investigation and no longer on the Gov list.

I did however purchase a pre-flight Antigen test last night for my return flight. Got it from Chronomics for £22.40 so not a huge loss if I don’t need it. Will save me the queue at Galeno Clinic in San An (and the dearer €40 weekend cost).

I’ll be very happy though if they do lose the PCR tests for us double jabbed folk though. Lost £50 on a Day 8 test I didn’t need in June - although worth it for not having to quarantine on return!

Yes, good news. However I’m flying out to Ibiza next weekend and not returning until October 11th so need to make some decisions.

I’d have preferred to have ordered my Day 2 PCR test this week before I go for peace of mind but now thinking of holding off until the next review (while I’m out there). I’m pretty sceptical though that they won’t drop the PCR tests just yet.

Will prob go for the Randox PCR test for £43 if I have to. I know Expert Medicals is only £28, but they are currently under investigation and no longer on the Gov list.

I did however purchase a pre-flight Antigen test last night for my return flight. Got it from Chronomics for £22.40 so not a huge loss if I don’t need it. Will save me the queue at Galeno Clinic in San An (and the dearer €40 weekend cost).

I’ll be very happy though if they do lose the PCR tests for us double jabbed folk though. Lost £50 on a Day 8 test I didn’t need in June - although worth it for not having to quarantine on return!
Crickey, you need more than a PCR test with such stress levels! Go and enjoy

So today on the news health sec Javid says he's "urgently" looking at removing the PCR test we Brits have to take on return. Unfortunately it's not clear whether that means removing ALL testing - at least for the vaxxed - or we having to take a cheaper (flow? antigen?) test before we set off back and after we return. If the cheaper test isn't as reliable, then they might as well drop the lot.

Our covid cases in the UK have gone up, then down, then up again. Currently looks like the graph is falling so fingers crossed there. Haven't heard of any different variants brough in from Europe that are of concern??

Anyhow, if Javed announces the removal of tests in the next three weeks, see you in Ibiza early Oct!!

Very speedy return through border control at Heathrow last night and no further checks on documents after they checked them at check-in at Ibiza airport (neg test result and U.K. passenger locator) … return flight not as empty as the one going out but still probably less than 50% full

Last edited:
So today on the news health sec Javid says he's "urgently" looking at removing the PCR test we Brits have to take on return. Unfortunately it's not clear whether that means removing ALL testing - at least for the vaxxed - or we having to take a cheaper (flow? antigen?) test before we set off back and after we return. If the cheaper test isn't as reliable, then they might as well drop the lot.

Our covid cases in the UK have gone up, then down, then up again. Currently looks like the graph is falling so fingers crossed there. Haven't heard of any different variants brough in from Europe that are of concern??

Anyhow, if Javed announces the removal of tests in the next three weeks, see you in Ibiza early Oct!!

Agree with you that there's no point doing any tests at all if they aren't accurate. I'm also hovering over the booking button for October!

Travel industry need them to make their minds up ASAP though, aside from the Canaries weather-wise there is realistically only 6 weeks left for Europe sun holidays.

IMO, those with the vaccine should still test when they return home, but antigen/NHS test should suffice.

Fingers crossed for no more tests in October though!

Back