Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

This is interesting, anyone who rocks up* at Gibraltar Airport can get a rapid Antigen test for £50 (e60) and certificate as long as they are travelling to the UK; it's fare more if you are travelling somewhere else.

Can't see why there isn't such a walk-in facility at Ibiza airport for tourists returning home (unless I'm mistaken and there already is?) so we know the price, know the procedure and don't have to worry about finding clinics, appointments, posting etc. Yes, Ibiza airport isn't as accesible as Gibraltar's is - but hey if you are in PdB or Ibiza Town it's only a bus-ride and won't take that much out of your holiday?

*Ouch...sowwy

Bloody hope not! The vaccine drive in spain has surpassed uk now so hopefully that will be taken into account

It will ... but not in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Think it will last to Sep / Oct until more things will open. my opinion.
Why ? At this time everyone is vaccined who wants to be. What can we do more after this ?

I had these recommended. No zoom. Just need to email a pic of test and passport to get certificate by return email. No idea how legit they are so may wanna check reviews.

I had these recommended. No zoom. Just need to email a pic of test and passport to get certificate by return email. No idea how legit they are so may wanna check reviews.
Just returned from Portugal and used these tests. Had the kits ordered and delivered before we left and took them with us. Dead easy to use and we had the certificates back by email within 12 hours. I think they were only £29 each.

Got our day 2 tests from Dante Labs which were £49 each. Ordered them online whilst we were over there so we could put the ref number on the passenger locator form. They had been delivered by the time we got home. Easy to use, posted them off and had the results back in a couple of days.

We used Dam for our pre holiday tests. Went to their clinic in Liverpool, £29 each and results back the next day.

It's a bit of a faff but worthwhile just to get away !

We're booked in for Ibiza at the start of September so will probably use all of the above again.

I used Collinson for that.

Thanks. It was for my sister who is flying out to Madeira at 6am on Monday - unfortunately she missed the cutoff time to get either this or Qured, not sure why they won't do a DPD delivery of the kit because people outside of the M25 are basically out of luck unless they arrange it way before they travel. She'll have to try to find something locally instead.

Last edited:
Just returned from Portugal and used these tests. Had the kits ordered and delivered before we left and took them with us. Dead easy to use and we had the certificates back by email within 12 hours. I think they were only £29 each.

Thanks so much - I've ordered one for her to get delivered next day tomorrow.

Question... I fly Sunday evening and have taken a covid test yesterday, results were negative. However I've just realised as I took the test in the morning, it wasn't taken within 72 hours of my flight, more like 82.

Does the result need to be within the 72 hours or the time you took it?

BBC news read a report than chancellor Sunak has called for ALL travel restrictions to be lifted. That won't happen, but he does have some sway and knows the travel industry has a huge tax income outcome, a lot from passenger air duty. So not knowing the finer details I suspect it might be a shot to get the government to relax restrictions between the UK and EU at least in the upcoming review. To a layman like myself, that could mean test-free travel (at least return) for the fully vaxxed. However he reports are very short on actual detail, could just mean putting more countries in the green/amber list - so still testing.

But I'm not holding my breath....maybe over the winter when there is less travel and more people everywhere will be vaxxed we might get that; but as I have already admitted I'm not going anywhere until testing has been withdrawn.

Question... I fly Sunday evening and have taken a covid test yesterday, results were negative. However I've just realised as I took the test in the morning, it wasn't taken within 72 hours of my flight, more like 82.

Does the result need to be within the 72 hours or the time you took it?
Second test taken yesterday morning at 11:30am, negative result back at 9:30am this morning, gym, food, then off to the airport! Back for round 2!

Could do with a checklist of what weve gotto do testing wise.i go ibiza on 6 september and have be fully vaccinated.so i take it i dont have to have a test to goto ibiza just fill in that online form.and fill in the locator form on the way back.
I havent got a clue .😒

Could do with a checklist of what weve gotto do testing wise.i go ibiza on 6 september and have be fully vaccinated.so i take it i dont have to have a test to goto ibiza just fill in that online form.and fill in the locator form on the way back.
I havent got a clue .😒

Current rules are you'll need to do a return to UK test in Ibiza and a day 2 PCR test when you are home

Back