Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

They are making this up as they go along. No plan, no idea and it's us common people that they are pissing off. I hope the voters whose hols are thrown into chaos remember this.

Tbh id have just gone with no non-essential travel abroad at all until Autumn. Yes it'd be frustrating not having the option at all to visit Ibiza, yes it would cause the travel industry financial pain (but rescheduling bookings and flights isn't cheap either) but at least we'd all be clear where we stood.

At the moment it feels like a country goes Green, Brits and other nations flock there and its ends up Amber, then we move to the next target (seems to be Bulgaria and Croatia next up)

Was hoping for an October Ibiza trip but I'm feeling more and more that I just can't be bothered with the ever changing rules :(

Tbh id have just gone with no non-essential travel abroad at all until Autumn. Yes it'd be frustrating not having the option at all to visit Ibiza, yes it would cause the travel industry financial pain (but rescheduling bookings and flights isn't cheap either) but at least we'd all be clear where we stood.

At the moment it feels like a country goes Green, Brits and other nations flock there and its ends up Amber, then we move to the next target (seems to be Bulgaria and Croatia next up)

Was hoping for an October Ibiza trip but I'm feeling more and more that I just can't be bothered with the ever changing rules :(
Yes that does seem like the pattern.

Maybe why Bulgaria have decided to put the UK on the red list yesterday.

Fair play to them I suppose, having a few weeks of tourists flocking in probably isn’t worth it in the longer run if it’s going to set you back.

Th UK government state the amber+ rules for France are due to a variant that could beat the vaccine. I haven't heard whether that's turned up in Spain, if not it probably will and then that's the end of travel there/back for some considerable time, as will the whole of mainland europe no doubt.

For me now it's just an irrelevancy, I'm not expecting to travel anywhere outside the UK now until spring at the very earliest, and won't be booking any flights until the last minute even then - cancelling pre-booked hotels if I can't find any flights.

I agree with the above comment, although it's soul destroynig, if they'd simply ban travel for non-essential reasons until the new year at the earliest at least we'd know where we are. Certainty's much easier to live with than uncertainty.

Meanwhile, we don't get a refund on the passports we can't use...

Th UK government state the amber+ rules for France are due to a variant that could beat the vaccine. I haven't heard whether that's turned up in Spain, if not it probably will and then that's the end of travel there/back for some considerable time, as will the whole of mainland europe no doubt.

For me now it's just an irrelevancy, I'm not expecting to travel anywhere outside the UK now until spring at the very earliest, and won't be booking any flights until the last minute even then - cancelling pre-booked hotels if I can't find any flights.

I agree with the above comment, although it's soul destroynig, if they'd simply ban travel for non-essential reasons until the new year at the earliest at least we'd know where we are. Certainty's much easier to live with than uncertainty.

Yes, as much as it pains me to think about it, I’m now starting to wonder if things will be any better for 2022.

I remember thinking last year that everything would most probably be sorted for 2021.

Feel a bit like we are taking one step forward and two steps back at the moment.

Yes, as much as it pains me to think about it, I’m now starting to wonder if things will be any better for 2022.

I remember thinking last year that everything would most probably be sorted for 2021.

Feel a bit like we are taking one step forward and two steps back at the moment.
Shit!

Sound like a right bloody Neg Head don’t I 😄

That’s me getting added to everyone’s ignore list 😬😄

I haven't heard anything about this variant here in France 😳

Is there definitive site with all the info in (in English?) For things like entrance and exit criteria, where to get tests, what happens if test positive etc. (For ibiza).

Just on fb group I run, lots of people asking for this info and it's all a bit piecemeal. Would be good for it to be all together. 👌

Is there definitive site with all the info in (in English?) For things like entrance and exit criteria, where to get tests, what happens if test positive etc. (For ibiza).

Just on fb group I run, lots of people asking for this info and it's all a bit piecemeal. Would be good for it to be all together. 👌
For the Balearics; https://www.jet2.com/en/flights/safe-travel/travel-requirements/balearics#findout
Dunno how quickly it gets updated as things seem to move so quickly

"Beta" variant - not sure if that's new; sounds like it's bee around some time?
Don't want to digress thread and get into trouble, but Beta is SA variant. UK used to have a fair few cases but delta pushed it out. (No cases last few weeks) They just slightly worried with high vax rate might come back in as vax not as effective on beta)

So in theory if ibiza started getting cases of these, likely hood of amber+/red increases. Although I think its unlikely.

Perhaps mods when update covid update thread could post infections breakdown by variant (if info available) so peeps can make own decision if ok to travel and be quarantined on return (to UK)

Don't want to digress thread and get into trouble, but Beta is SA variant. UK used to have a fair few cases but delta pushed it out. (No cases last few weeks) They just slightly worried with high vax rate might come back in as vax not as effective on beta)

So in theory if ibiza started getting cases of these, likely hood of amber+/red increases. Although I think its unlikely.

Perhaps mods when update covid update thread could post infections breakdown by variant (if info available) so peeps can make own decision if ok to travel and be quarantined on return (to UK)
I've been scanning web pages all day to find information on Spain generally as I know my travel plans will be affected by what's happening there.

I feel like the silver lining to this about turn from the UK govt on France arrivals, is that if they were thinking of making a change to Spain's status, they'd have announced that at the same time too.

The fact that nothing has been said about Spain in this last minute decision, gives me a tiny glimmer of comfort for my trip on Tuesday!

I feel like the silver lining to this about turn from the UK govt on France arrivals, is that if they were thinking of making a change to Spain's status, they'd have announced that at the same time too.

The fact that nothing has been said about Spain in this last minute decision, gives me a tiny glimmer of comfort for my trip on Tuesday!
Good luck and keep us informed (with some pix that we can drool over..)

Also, if they haven’t got enough hotel capacity here (at 1700 nicker a person ) for brits in France, then not likely Spain either. So an Amber plus designation would be likely as opposed to red. And that’s much the lesser of two evils.

At least today I'm having Ibiza weather in normally sub-arctic Lancashire - 25.3 outside (23.5 inside, near the fridge, which conveniently is where the beer is) so that's some consolation. To be fair Ibiza's now too hot for me for the next few weeks so don't mind missing out. Will do in sept/oct though *sobs*.

Put some water out for the birds all you Brits - and sympathies to all the Belgians/Germans affected by the floods and loss of life.

Also, if they haven’t got enough hotel capacity here (at 1700 nicker a person ) for brits in France, then not likely Spain either. So an Amber plus designation would be likely as opposed to red. And that’s much the lesser of two evils.
That's the reason for moving the goalposts, not enough hotel capacity to quarantine everyone. New rules when it suits...of course this will happen to all countries that go red - basically they can't go red for that reason, hotels in the UK are well booked for our holidays etc.

So technically Spain should be safe if you are prepared to quarantine at home, they simply can't make it red. How many Brits are over there right now? 100k? 500k?

Back